boston.com - What is up with these forums?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

boston.com - What is up with these forums?

When are you doing to fix these forums?  It's been weeks now and we can't navigate among threads.  I can only view one or two topics before the site won't work anymore.

Extremely frustrating!!!!

Other posters, are you having problems with these boards?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: boston.com - What is up with these forums?

Cos, this is being covered (if you can ever get there) down in the "Talk to BDC" category, the last one in Forums.  Everyone is having trouble, BDC knows about it, and they are working with the company that hosts the boards to find out what changed/went wrong 3 weeks ago when everything went to you know where in a hand basket.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Cos,
    the way to get on the forums (at least it works for me) is to go to Boston.com, then to lifestyles and then to forums.
    I know it is annoying, but my contact at BDC has told me, they are working frantically to fix it. So give it some time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In the meantime, I've noticed that if I go to my browser's pull down of all the pages I've recently loaded and load Lifestyle from there, it will bring back up the last copy of it I had (of course, the time stamps are old).  Then, if I hit refresh from there, most of the time it works and displays the latest thread info.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I tried both methods, and mine works more consistently for me.  Not sure if it will for anyone else, though.  My way doesn't always work, especially around noon when a lot of people at work are online.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Re: boston.com - What is up with these forums?:
    [QUOTE]Cos, the way to get on the forums (at least it works for me) is to go to Boston.com, then to lifestyles and then to forums. I know it is annoying, but my contact at BDC has told me, they are working frantically to fix it. So give it some time.
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

This is how I used to be able to access the forums, but this does not work anymore!  I have to go through tons of clicks to even try to get here now.  So annoying.  Also annoying that when I email boston.com to say "what's up with the forums" they tell me everything's fine and I"m crazy. (ok, they don't say the crazy part)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginger-. Show Ginger-'s posts

In Response to Re: boston.com - What is up with these forums?:
    [QUOTE]Cos, the way to get on the forums (at least it works for me) is to go to Boston.com, then to lifestyles and then to forums. I know it is annoying, but my contact at BDC has told me, they are working frantically to fix it. So give it some time.
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly new to posting here - so I don't know how it used to work, but this is the only way I can access any of the forums either.  And sometimes when I try to log-in all bets are off.  I often have to log out completely and start all over (refresh does not seem to help).

So, on another topic - why are all kinds of unrelated topics posted in the wedding sections?  Does it keep out some of the unwanted elements that I see elsewhere?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

People post OT (off topic) in Weddings we all know each other and care specifically about each other's opinions, not necessarily the whole BDC world's.  And, yes, it keeps unwanted posters from noticing most of the time.

Welcome!  You'll get to know the Weddings ladies soon and become a regular yourself, I hope.

~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Guys!  Funny, I haven't had to many issues lately (knock on wood!).  I bookmarked the wedding discussions page and it has been loading for me pretty well most of the time.  Here's the link if you need it:

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/weddings/forums/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

This is the first time in weeks I have been able to get in to view the boards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Missy, have wondered where you've been.  It was workign well this morning, now it's bad, again.  Sooooo, frustrating.  At least we aren't paying $$ for it.

Sections
Shortcuts