Bride scrapbook...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

Bride scrapbook...

Hi there! I am a bridesmaid in June for the first time and I would like to make a scrapbook for my friend to present to her on her wedding day. The only issue I am having is that I am one of 8 bridesmaids and three live out of state. What I was thinking was each of the bridesmaids get one or two pages where we would post a few pictures of individual pictures with us and the bride and write thoughts, memories, wishes in the remaining space. With three of the bridesmaids living out of state I am having problems thinking of how I can get this done before her wedding.

Any ideas? Has anyone else done this for their friends?
    Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: Bride scrapbook...

Wow, what a sweet idea!  One thing you could do is make it on shutterfly or another online site.  Make a general account and then you can email out the username/password to each BM.  They could log in, upload photos and make their pages that way.  You can choose a unified theme and assign them page numbers.  Then you can have it printed to a nice bound photobook! 

If they are all pretty good with the computer, I think this would be the easiest way to do it from different states.  I've used shutterfly before and I really like their hardcover books.  The quality seems good to me, but I haven't really used any other sites to compare them.

Alternatively, you could just ask them to mail you photos and you could make the book yourself (either actual photos or they could email you photos if you want to do it online).  Or I think you can buy scrapbook albums at craft stores where you just slide in a 12" x 12" page, so they could each assemble their pages and mail them to you and then you can put them into the album.

This is a really great idea and I know I would be touched if my BMs did this for me!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Elmgirl - our wedding party did this for us and we love it!  I think what my MOH did was mail or email family and close friends and tell them exactly what was needed (size of paper, ideas for what to do, etc) and had people either mail it to her, or bring it to the shower.  It was actually presented to me half-finished at the shower with a note that said I'd get to keep the actual book at some point after the wedding.  Then she presented it to me after we returned from our honeymoon.  I love seeing pics of my DH as a little boy that his family included!

Lovely idea, and it can definitely happen before June!  I also like Trex's idea of doing it online.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

One of my BM's put together a wedding scrapbook for me.  It's a little different than what you're talking about, but I thought I'd put the idea out as a back up. 
    She took photos, invitations, little details like ribbons used on favors, etc. and put them together in chronological order - engagement pics page, bridal shower, girls night out, the rehearsal/dinner, and wedding, with another page at the end with honeymoon stuff.

She did it pretty much solo, but I know the other girls would have liked to be involved.  She did ask my out of state BM to send pictures from a get together we had out there.  Maybe you could have each girls tackle an "event"?
    Good luck - I'm sure she'll love whatever you come up with, I cherish mine!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elmgirl82. Show Elmgirl82's posts

Tibird, that is a good idea. One of the other bridesmaids came up with something like that. Maybe I could ask each girl to be in "charge" of each event. Thank you for the suggestions everyone :)

Sections
Shortcuts