cheating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skooby. Show skooby's posts

cheating

ive been married for 11 yrs and during the 6th yr i had to go to canada for training for work for one week . while i was gone my wife and her friend went to a local bar. and it was there in the parking lot she decided to cheat with a guy she hardly even new from back in her highschool days . she went one solid yr. before telling me what she had done . ive tryed so hard to stay collected but still dont know how to deal with it . she says if i leave shell get the kids an house . i feel stuck and dont know if shes still cheating . she hasnt said anything since what should i do ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: cheating

You might want to post this under the Relationship forum...kinda a damper for the ladies in this forum trying to plan their weddings.  Plus you'll get more responses over there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

So, you think your wife is still cheating on you after 5 years?  I'm confused.  You've been married for 11, and on the 6th year she cheated on you? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skooby. Show skooby's posts

i hope not but ill never really know unless she says something again
    yea weve been togather 11 yrs yes on the 6th yr she cheated and on the seventh year she cryed and told me about it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Get thee to couples therapy, now.
    If she won't go, get a good lawyer, one that will fight for the house and kids.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: cheating:
    [QUOTE]Get thee to couples therapy, now. If she won't go, get a good lawyer, one that will fight for the house and kids.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

My firm will fight for the house and the kids.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

yes, the wife shouldn't count her chickens before they're hatched.  Especially when being the one giving grounds and making threats.

In Response to Re: cheating:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: cheating : My firm will fight for the house and the kids.  :)
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Are you trying to work things out with her?  Can you stay with her?  Do you want to try and work through this?

If you want to work through it, you should start now.  Go to a therapist together, and figure out your issues. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I'm curious - why do you think she decided to tell you after a year?  How did she tell you?  Was she full of remorse?  does she want to work on your relationship?

From this angle, with the cheating and the threatening going on, it doesn't sound like a healthy relationship.  If you want to work on the relationship and think she does as well, I agree with the girls - therapy.

If not, you have to do what's right for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

If you want your marriage to survive, get therapy.
    If you don't care about your marriage anymore, get a lawyer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ash, you are correct and to the point.  Great advice.

skooby, sorry you are dealing with this.  I can be more verbose if you want, if you answer some of the questions posted throughout the thread.  The answers will determine my response.  However, without knowing more of your and her state of mind regarding your marriage I won't dare surmise.  I just don't know enough to be helpful.