Church Donations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

Church Donations

Good morning, I'm not sure if this is the correct section... we are having a Catholic Mass.... what is the amount that you donate to the church, and priest.. and furthermore.. do we also have to tip the soloist, and person playing the organ and piano?  Lastly we are not getting married in our own church.. so do we donate to both, or just the we are getting married in? Weird Questions I know!

Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Re: Church Donations

They didn't give you guidelines? When we booked the date, we got a pamphlet that said exactly what to pay the organist, the soloist, the wedding coordinator and the church. When we talked to the wedding coordinator, she told us what to tip the priest. I didn't really look at it as donations, more like a fee for service and I didn't tip beyond the stated rate. You definitely do not need to donate to any other churches other than the one hosting the wedding. Every church has different requirements. I know I paid a lot less for the use of my church than some of my friends paid for their services.

If you have a wedding coordinator, you should ask for the guidelines for that church. If there aren't any, then do what you feel is appropriate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hi Staci
    When I went through this for my first wedding the priest let us know how much the recommended donation was.  He also informed us how much is would be for an organist and a soloist.  I would only make  a donation to the church you were getting married in.  As for the fee, I'm going back 15 years, but we gave the church was $150 and the organist was $50.  My cousin sang and I tried to give her $50 but she wouldn't take it.  I gave the Priest a gift certificate to a local restaurant he liked.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

Thanks... we have already paid the soloist.. and person paying the organ...I'll check about the rest!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

The "fees" vary from parish to parish...from what I'm hearing among family & friends (the kids of family & friends are now starting to get married) alot of these parishes seem to have "one set fee" that seems hefty to me ($1K to $2500.) and they are very up front about these fees when you book the church.  i would just to the church you & fi are getting married in, not your own church