Do blue dresses and yellow roses look good?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Do blue dresses and yellow roses look good?

I picked out my BM dresses today. Well the color at least, I am letting the girls pick their own style. The color is this Pacific Blue.  My favorite flower in the whole world are yellow roses...do you think that will look silly against that color? Bue and yellow are our wedding colors. Any ideas for BM bouquet flowers for this color dress that will have yellow in them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: Do blue dresses and yellow roses look good?

I found this picture in a google search...I think it's a very pretty combo!  As far as what type of yellow flowers to use, that really depends on your personal taste.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

oh that is sooo pretty! My dresses are a little lighter than that, but I am happy to see that blue and yellow look so good together. Yellow roses are my absolute favorite!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I think those two colors look really beautiful together. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They are complimentary colors, no worries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGirl82. Show BostonGirl82's posts

I love that combo :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I don't know why I posted this under etiquette...haha, silly me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I agree, I think this will look fab!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I wish I had a picture of it on this computer, but I wore kind of a cornflower blue dress with pale yellow roses for a wedding and it looked great.  We went for the pale yellow over the bright yellow because the bride didn't want it to be too bright.  We just had roses, not a mixed bouquet.  The florist took the hem from our dresses and wrapped the stems.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I wish I had a picture of it on this computer, but I wore kind of a cornflower blue dress with pale yellow roses for a wedding and it looked great.  We went for the pale yellow over the bright yellow because the bride didn't want it to be too bright.  We just had roses, not a mixed bouquet.  The florist took the hem from our dresses and wrapped the stems.
    Posted by FriarGirl03[/QUOTE]

Sounds exquisite.  I also had my bridal and MOH's bouquets wrapped in the material cut off from my shortened train.  It really pulled the looks together nicely.  Maybe the OP can order a sash or something if there isn't enough hem to be cut off the dresses to wrap the flowers.  Not that it's necessary, but it really is a nice touch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I think that is what I am planning on doing...if their dresses need hemming.

see those blue flowers...anyone know the names of those? My mother and I are doing our own bouquets and I don't know the names of these flowers, but that would add a really nice touch to the bouquets!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

my girls wore yellow dresses and the bouquets were blue and yellow flowers. loved it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

[QUOTE]I think that is what I am planning on doing...if their dresses need hemming. see those blue flowers...anyone know the names of those? My mother and I are doing our own bouquets and I don't know the names of these flowers, but that would add a really nice touch to the bouquets!
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

They look like grape hyacinth

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

i agree they look like grape hyacinth. we have them all over my yard :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, looks like you guys found it!

In case the picture doesn't come through I found it here:
    Grape Hyacinth

Grape Hyacinth.jpg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Just to chime in...I love blue a nd yellow together, any shade. My BM dresses are the David's Bridal "pool" and we're doing yellow and white callas - my bouquet will be white roses and yellow callas...or yellow roses and white callas...i forget. hahah.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Ams....I thought of doing white roses and yellow callas for my bouquet, and then I found a pic of that bouquet with the white roses and I guess grape haycinth (thanks girls)...maybe I will add them in! the pool color at Davids is so pretty. I have yet to decide where to get the BM dresses, just decided on the color.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Excellent combo - think french country style - it's there all the time as well as beachy and cottagy themes.  Just so pretty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from deadicons20003. Show deadicons20003's posts

Very Swedish! The Knot is great for photos in these situations...
    The maid of honor and two bridesmaids wore pool-colored A-line dresses with bubble skirts. Yellow and orange bouquets of with calla lilies, tulips and dahlias added a splash of contrasting color.
    Laura‘s six bridesmaids wore sky blue, silk shantung dresses by Jenny Yoo. Three girls wore strapless gowns while the other three donned halter styles. The maid of honor wore a dress with turquoise banding to set her apart from the other girls.
    Ryan’s seven attendants wore baby blue dresses from J.Crew. Ryan’s sister-in-law, who designs jewelry, created matching earrings, necklaces, and bracelets for them all to wear. They all also carried yellow freesia, a pleasing contrast with their dresses.
    Jamie‘s six bridesmaids wore strapless capri blue Jim Hjelm Occasions matte taffeta gowns with exposed tulle at the hem.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Oh man TheKnot.com overwhelms me...but they do have fantastic pictures to browse through!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

I think that is beautiful!!!!