Father/Daughter dance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Father/Daughter dance

nachogirl's post reenforces the necessity of asking him what he has in mind. I bet he has a pretty solid idea of what he's hoping the plan will be, and he's just waiting for you to ask for his ideas.

We take so much for granted sometimes...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Father/Daughter dance

How about if your dad makes a small speech about how you and he have chosen a special "daddy/daughter song" but since you two cannot dance together he'd like everyone in the room to have a dance in your honor while you and he watch and your special song plays. Would something like that work?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Father/Daughter dance

I like Miss Lily's response but the best bet is asking him -
    my dad has limited mobility and he wanted to give it a shot,but his big concern was walking me to the front of the room for the ceremony - he was able to do that without his cane but I had such a grip on him halfway there he asked if I could let up on the strangle hold a bit since he didn't really have that far to go. (I specifically chose a place that required very little walking.
    In any event good luck to you with this question and be glad your dad will be with you in whatever capacity he can be

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Father/Daughter dance

[Quote]How about if your dad makes a small speech about how you and he have chosen a special "daddy/daughter song" but since you two cannot dance together he'd like everyone in the room to have a dance in your honor while you and he watch and your special song plays. Would something like that work?[/Quote]

You made me cry. :)

I love misslily's idea and agree you should ask your Father his preference. If it were me, I would simply skip it without saying anything. Everyone knows your Dad is in a wheelchair. So either they will not notice the ommission, or, if they do, they will understand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

Father/Daughter dance

Thanks everyone for your ideas.. I do like the last idea, Im going to ask him how he feels about it and maybe I will do that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Father/Daughter dance

I was just wondering, if you could possible sit on your dad's lap in his chair and somone (maybe your new hubby) could move you around a bit, while they play your favorite father/daughter song.
    If not, misslily's suggestion is a great one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

Father/Daughter dance

I like the last idea, that way you are honoring the father daughter moment, but are also including everyone else in it to so that not to draw too much attention to everything. That is sad, but it is very thoughtful that you are trying to find a way to accomodate it as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Father/Daughter dance

Awkward situation, but if it were me, I'd go straight to him and ask. Tell him how sad it makes you that you can't have the dance (it's not like it's going to hurt him - he's sad, too), and ask if he has any ideas about how he can have his special time at the reception with his little girl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

Father/Daughter dance

I thought you ladies might be able to help me with this one..
    My dad is handicapped(has MS) and is wheelchair bound pretty much..
    he has brought me up and I am a total daddy's girl.. that being said, we cannot do the obvious father/daughter dance..
    The mother/son dance will still be done as I think it is a special moment for them..
    does anyone have any suggestions how I can still have a moment with my dad or should I just leave it as is and deal with it..it makes me sad, but what am I going to do?
    Also, I think a slide show is out as we don't have the means for it during the reception..
    Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CrownEntertainment. Show CrownEntertainment's posts

Re: Father/Daughter dance

Your wedding day is a celebration of you and your new husband, as well as the people that have influenced you in your life.  With that being said, it sounds like your Dad falls into that category, so he deserves some acknowledgement.
    I would take all the great ideas you have gotten here and have lunch with him about it.  Tell him that you want to share a moment with him, and see which way he feels most comfortable with.  After this talk, you will feel like you are doing the right thing, regardless of what you decide.
    However you choose to execute this, it will be one of the memorable parts of the wedding day.
    Good luck,
    -Terry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Can we report posters who are obviously vendors even if they aren't trying to sell anything?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

[QUOTE]Can we report posters who are obviously vendors even if they aren't trying to sell anything?
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

Why would you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

he took it out but one of his earlier posts had a link to his website which is advertising. i was just curious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dawna0609. Show Dawna0609's posts

Hi!  I am a woman with MS and my daughter is getting married in June.  I can only speak from my perspective but I would never look at this situation as "you two cannot dance together".  Sure you can!  I know most people liked misslily's idea but I would find that sad and it would make me feel my MS and my disability more not less.  In my opinion, don't propose any ideas to your father, just ask him what he would like to do.  I would dance (I like the idea of you sitting on his lap), it doesn't matter if someone else is leading the chair for me, I am there on the dance floor having a ball because I am looking at the smiling face of my child not sitting on the sidelines sadly watching everyone else.  As far as "drawing too much attention to everything", that makes it appear like people will be gawking and feel uncomfortable.  In reality, you are surrounded by family and friends who love and care for you and it will probably be one of the warmest, most memorable moments of your wedding.  Your Dad may feel differently but you need to ask him.  I can feel the love you have for your father in your words and I have no doubt he loves you dearly.  That is what really matters.  Congratulations and best wishes!