Food for thought?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Food for thought?

Certainly nothing new or ground breaking, but still and interesting read...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_8885000/8885275.stm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: Food for thought?

I'm not really sure how to argue with the idea that weddings have taken on an air of narcissism and self-promotion.  I feel like just about everything in this world has taken on an air of narcissim and self promotion.

"I'm so important that I must post every thought I have on Twitter."
    "I'm so important that I must update my Facebook status 200 times a day so people know exactly how many times I blow my nose and what I ate for dinner."
    "I'm so important that people are going to want to see everything I do posted on YouTube."
    "I am so important that people will want to watch me on TV, although I can't act, have no talent, and don't pretend that I do."
    "I am so important that readers of CNN are going to want to read random stuff that I write and present as news stories."
    "My opinions are so important that I am going to vote for laws that require other people to live by my belief system."
    "My opinions are so important that I must post a comment on every single article on Boston.com."
    "My opinions are so important that everyone on the Weddings Board wants to read them, even though I'm not getting married in the foreseeable future."  Surprised

But, I also think that love is grand, and it should be celebrated, and the people who love you will want to celebrate with you. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

You forgot "I am so important and have such great ideas and in depth thoughts that I need to start my own Blog".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Sorry.  I actually thought that was in there. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Well of course some people have a bad self-absorbed attitude about it, but then again people can have a bad, self-absorbed attitude about anything. It's not just weddings.

IMO people have just lost track of the idea that you're throwing a party for your guests to celebrate your wedding, not the other way around.