Getting our RSVP's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Getting our RSVP's

Our invitations went out about a week or so ago.  People are starting to reply, which is so fun!  One question, one of our guests sent an e-mail to my fiance saying that he and his wife can't attend, but would like to send a gift and asked where we were registered.  How do we answer that?  What's proper?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Getting our RSVP's

I would just email them back and let them know! That was very nice of them to email you so fast. Most people would put it off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Do you think it's rude if we tell them where we're registered?  I feel odd.  It would be like, "Sorry you can't come.  You'll be missed.  Oh, and we're registered at...".

How should he word it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

No, not in this situation, because they asked you directly. If they emailed you and didn't ask then, yes, it would be rude. But it seems as though they truly want to send you a gift that is not a check, so I would make it easier for them and email them your information, otherwise they will end up having to call you for it.

Just say

Dear_______.

You will be missed at the wedding, and we thank you so much for getting back to us so quickly! I hope things are going well with you, how is _____? blah blah blah. Here is the information you asked for:
    We are registered at:
    _____________ & _____________

Again, thank you so much!

Sincerely,
    Goodness and Mr. Goodness

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

YOU'RE TOO CUTE.  I just laughed out loud.  Thanks a bunch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

lol, not a prob!

I'm sure some people would say "oh no no, it is rude to tell them!" Yeah ok, well how else are you supposed to let them know? Sometimes wedding etiquette is a little too much for me...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I agree with you.  If they didn't ask us where we were registered, we wouldn't say anything.  But, since they asked, I didn't want him to send back an e-mail telling them that we're sorry they won't be there, blah, blah, and end it.  It would put it back on them to ask again, and that might be weird.  Or, it would make them think that we're only looking for cash. 

Since they asked, I think it was fine to say so.  I was just worried on how to word it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I'm trying to think of a nice way to say, "Don't feel like you have to send a gift, but if you want to, we registered at PetSmart."

...or whatever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

lol, Lucy...PetSmart!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I think Liz put it perfectly.  Goodness, I think it's great that you're trying to do the right thing by way of etiquette, but don't worry about this one.  If they asked you where you're registered, they obviously want to send you something.  It's ok to tell them.  They sound like a very nice couple!  :)

Lucy, I was thinking the same thing, but I don't really know if there's an easy way to say that.  And LOL @ the PetSmart registry! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Well, one of my friends put on her wedding website:

"Your presence on our special day is the only gift we could need, however, we have composed a list of things that would be useful at Macy's."

So, I was trying to figure out how to do something like that, except they're not coming, so it doesn't work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

While I do shop at Petsmart/Petco a lot, I would really like to set up a gift registry at the Vet!

Man, I totally should have become a vet, forget about the law. $400 for three shots and 10 minutes of their time. Way better than billable hours.
    Course, my dog did pee on him. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

While I do shop at Petsmart/Petco a lot, I would really like to set up a gift registry at the Vet! Man, I totally should have become a vet, forget about the law. $400 for three shots and 10 minutes of their time. Way better than billable hours. Course, my dog did pee on him. lol
    Posted by ilovebeagles

Awesome.  Very awesome.  Your dog knows what's up!  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

I have never seen anything wrong with people asking B and G, what are you saving for (because they are thinking of money)  or what are you registered for?  Perfectly polite to answer.

The rudeness is in acting like you expect gifts, putting it in invitations, suggesting before being asked.  That irritates people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Nowadays, anything irritates people.  Hence, my asking.  Ha, ha. 

I wanted to make sure I was doing right by them.  I figured, since they asked, it's okay to let them know. 

My fiance replied to the email yesterday, so it's all good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

It is awkward Goodness - My cousin sent me a catalog (via email) of a place that makes handmade stuff out of recycled glass bottles and asked me to choose my gift.  So awkward!  But I figured she asked so I should answer.  The stuff came in the mail today, actually.  I requested any kind of serving/decorative bowl in a certain color, but she sent two matching glasses too.  So sweet!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Re: Getting our RSVP's:
    I'm trying to think of a nice way to say, "Don't feel like you have to send a gift, but if you want to, we registered at PetSmart." ...or whatever.
    Posted by lucy7368

Ohh why didn't I think of registering at PetSmart?? That's brilliant!!

Hay, bedding, and food really adds up for my chunky little nugget. And carrots. He goes through those like they're the gateway to eternal life.

Sections
Shortcuts