Gifts *from* those who are hosting the shower

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RBlue7. Show RBlue7's posts

Gifts *from* those who are hosting the shower

Hello. A few relatives are giving a shower for my daughter. The question came up about whether they also give gifts since they are footing the bill for the lunch, flowers, etc. I'm thinking they do but I'd just like to get a sense from those of you on the list about this. Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

Re: Gifts *from* those who are hosting the shower

Gifts are voluntary. If they choose to give a physical gift in addition to the gift of a party thrown in her honor, then great. They're very generous. If not, the party is the gift, which is still quite generous.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I agree that the party should be the gift. Though I have been in a wedding where we paid for the Shower and a gift but it was a group of 5 or 6 of us.  Showers can be expensive and  I would personally be so grateful that someone cared enough about me to host a party for me.  I would not expect anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it's up to them; what is "correct" in this situation is what they want to do.  The party can certainly suffice as the gift.  But, it doesn't have to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RBlue7. Show RBlue7's posts

Thank you all for your prompt responses! This is very helpful and I will pass your comments along.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

every shower i've been to members of the bridal party have given a gift(s) in addition to hosting the shower...sometimes its a "group gift", sometimes its been individual gifts...

maybe its just my "social circle"  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

With the way showers are going these days, I would think hosting and paying for the shower should be plenty of a gift.
    Just consider all the gifts the bride receives at the shower. Gifts she would not have received, if the host/hostesses have not been so gracious to foot the bill for her shower.
    I may be a singleton here, but I would vote for "No gift" from the host/hostesses. -  Pingo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I agree that it is individual.............
    But every wedding I have been  in addition to shower hosting duties we gave a gift.  Also every shower I have been to  a gift was given.  Not to say that is right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I agree that they aren't obligated to also give a gift if they are paying for the shower.