Got a Save the Date... and can't figure out who it is from?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

Got a Save the Date... and can't figure out who it is from?!

I just got a Save the Date, addressed to my boyfriend and I, and we don't recognize the names (first names only) or the location as people we know. We've tried searching the return address (which had no name) to see who owns the property, but its owned by a management company so it must be a rental. We've literally scowered our address books, facebook pages, parents and siblings memories, and we still don't know who these people are. I realize we could just wait for the invitation, but I'm wondering if anyone has any other bright ideas to solve this mystery.

Edit*** Just figured it out... by googling the first names, the state, and wedding registry, I got their last names from a Macy's Registry, then searched on Facebook and figured out the girl is the granddaughter of bf's stepmom's sister's grandaughter (so stepmom's great-niece)... and we've never met them... so strange.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Got a Save the Date... and can't figure out who it is from?!

Wow, that's hilarious - no wonder you didn't recognize the names.  How insane do you have to be to send something (let alone an STD to a wedding) to strangers without putting your last names on the correspondence?  And, you can't be the only essentially random invitees who have no idea who that couple is by first names only, either.  I hope everyone figures it out - you had to be pretty darned resourceful to do so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

It is strange there were no last names... I checked the other Save the Dates on my fridge (and there are several) and they all have last names. They are also all from people I have met :) Another etiquette tip for the brides to be on the boards.
    What's even more strange is that even stepmom was unsure... she hadn't heard the grand niece was even dating someone, so the names didn't click.
    Very odd experience to spend an hour thinking who could this be?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from urkiddinme. Show urkiddinme's posts

I'd make plans to be busy that day! Obvious gift-grabbers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, that's one wedding I'd have nothing to do with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

My mom got a Save the Date today for a couple she doesn't know. No last names and no return address. It didn't even have any wedding information on it - no location or anything. Just the date and that everyone is to send in a piece of fabric for a quilt the groom's aunt is making them. I tried googling it, but no luck. My mom has a pretty large extended family so we're thinking that it's one of her cousin's kids that she's never met. So weird though! I couldn't imagine inviting someone to my wedding that DH or I hadn't met. As it was, I felt weird introducing myself to my guests dates and some of DH's friends I hadn't met yet. They knew who I was but I didn't know who they were.