Guest asking to bring date

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: Guest asking to bring date

[QUOTE]its inappropriate for your friend to ask to bring a date, and stick to your guns.  if you wanted to invite them, you'd have indicated "and guest" on the original invite.      
    Posted by laryan[/QUOTE]

I agree with laryan.  If you wanted to invite a specific person with a guest, the invitation would have said so.  I think it's rude of someone to call and ask if they can bring someone.  Um, can't you read the invite?  Does it look like you can?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Agreed. If your friend doesn't want to go alone, then he just shouldn't go at all.

[QUOTE]its inappropriate for your friend to ask to bring a date, and stick to your guns.  if you wanted to invite them, you'd have indicated "and guest" on the original invite.      
    Posted by laryan[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

I'd say no. I hate how people assume they can bring someone. We had one person(a single invite-no guest) on my FI's side never send the response card in. So when my mom called my FMIL said that they were coming with TWO other people! Who does that?!? to keep the peace we are just rolling with it...i'm too stressed to get into a fight over it. people's rude-ness always amazes me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I'd say no. I hate how people assume they can bring someone. We had one person(a single invite-no guest) on my FI's side never send the response card in. So when my mom called my FMIL said that they were coming with TWO other people! Who does that?!? to keep the peace we are just rolling with it...i'm too stressed to get into a fight over it. people's rude-ness always amazes me.
    Posted by preserves[/QUOTE]

That's right when I'd reply with a quick, firm, "Um, no you aren't.  You, and you alone, are the only one who was invited, and we do not have the capacity nor the budget to cover additional people OFF our guest list."

That's totally rude!!!  I would say NO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

UGH!! People really URK ME! My friend is getting married August 1st and this girl who is going (I am not a fan of her) badgered her every day whether or not she was going to be invited with a date because that weekend her good male friend was going to be in town and she would have to bring him, and if couldn't go then she wouldn't be able to go to the wedding. So my friend, being the nicest person on the earth that she is, finally agreed to invite her with guest, and that girl replied with NO GUEST because apparently her male friend can't make it now! UGH I was annoyed and so was my friend. After all that harassment, and he isn't even coming!!!!

I am mad just typing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

On a related note, I have a friend who was relieved to be invited to her cousin's wedding without a guest, because she didn't know which of the two guys she is secretly sleeping with to take...

See?  Some people don't WANT to bring a guest.  Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]UGH!! People really URK ME! My friend is getting married August 1st and this girl who is going (I am not a fan of her) badgered her every day whether or not she was going to be invited with a date because that weekend her good male friend was going to be in town and she would have to bring him, and if couldn't go then she wouldn't be able to go to the wedding. So my friend, being the nicest person on the earth that she is, finally agreed to invite her with guest, and that girl replied with NO GUEST because apparently her male friend can't make it now! UGH I was annoyed and so was my friend. After all that harassment, and he isn't even coming!!!! I am mad just typing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

So, let me get this straight, the friend who wanted to be invited with a guest, so she could bring her male friend to the wedding as he was going to be in for the weekend, said that she wouldn't come UNLESS she were invited with a guest?  Oh my, she went for the threat route.  SHAME!!!!  That's mean. 

I would be mad, too, Liz!  Ha, and I don't even know these people.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Goodness, this girls S*CKS BIG TIME...OMG Don't get me started!! She is TACTLESS....thus why she won't be invited to my wedding.

Ok, venting over....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]On a related note, I have a friend who was relieved to be invited to her cousin's wedding without a guest, because she didn't know which of the two guys she is secretly sleeping with to take... See?  Some people don't WANT to bring a guest. 
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

Lucy, that's too funny!  I guess she'd have some explaining to do if she'd gotten an "and guest" invitation!!  LOL

Liz, my gosh, I can't imagine anyone who's single threatening to not come unless they are invited with a guest.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Kar, this girl is something else :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

In Response to Re: Guest asking to bring date:
    [QUOTE]On a related note, I have a friend who was relieved to be invited to her cousin's wedding without a guest, because she didn't know which of the two guys she is secretly sleeping with to take... See?  Some people don't WANT to bring a guest. 
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

Whose to say this friend isn't looking @ this wedding as a "scoring event" since she's already sleeping w/two guys??   **just a thought** knowing that i've been to weddings where guests "just want to score"...  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Guest asking to bring date:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Guest asking to bring date : Whose to say this friend isn't looking @ this wedding as a "scoring event" since she's already sleeping w/two guys??   **just a thought** knowing that i've been to weddings where guests "just want to score"...  
    Posted by laryan[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm fairly certain that's one of the reasons she's relieved not to have gotten an "and guest."  Not that she would tell me such a thing.