Idea for Parent Gifts and Readers????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleSpig04. Show LittleSpig04's posts

Idea for Parent Gifts and Readers????

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

Re: Idea for Parent Gifts and Readers????

I got our parents a frame with "our family" and the date of the wedding on it so they can have a nice frame to put the pics in.. and a genuine thank you card to them..

My readers.. got them a candle and photo coasters..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I think all the girls here will agree that regardless of what you buy for a gift you should definitely include a heartfelt thank you card.  People seem to appreciate this the most, especially parents!

My parents are getting a new digital camera from us.  Their camera stinks, and obviously they'll get a ton of use out of a new one on the wedding day alone.

We don't have any readers, so I'm not sure of any ideas there.  Can you tell us anything about them so we may be able to give you some suggestions of what they would like?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

I gave our parents digital frames with family pictures already downloaded in them.  For the readers I give movies tickets for the whole family to enjoy a night out on us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

oh man, i didnt even think to get the readers a gift. and here I thought I was ahead of the game.

OK well, my brother is reading one of my grandmother's poems so I will frame my grandparents' wedding picture next to that poem...maybe? is that cheesy? he's a total sap so I think he may dig it.

My uncle is the son of the same grandparents...maybe that same frame idea would be good for him.

The hard one would be FI's father who is doing a reading...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Parents are all getting thank you cards and are also going to get albums (after the fact).  Both my mom and his are hyped up about pictures, so it's the best gift for them. 

As for readers...they're our godfathers, and we're planning to get them gift certificates for their favorite restaurants.  We know they'll like them, we know they'll use them, and we can't think of anything else!

Still trying to decide about the bridesmaids...I got them earrings for day of, but that doesn't count (costume jewelry, nothing I'd expect them to wear again).  One thing I'm doing for all of them is a picture of us together from some point in a frame (for 4 of them, it's funny college shots, for the other two it's ones of us when we were little).  Still debating the rest.  We're all in our 30s and settled down, and don't "need" anything, so I'm trying to come up with something we'd want!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I got my mom a figurine from a series that she collects.
    My Dad got a nice silk tie to wear during the wedding so he'd stand out from the other GMs.
    Nice thank you cards.
    We didn't have a reader.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Parents are all getting thank you cards and are also going to get albums (after the fact).  Both my mom and his are hyped up about pictures, so it's the best gift for them.  As for readers...they're our godfathers, and we're planning to get them gift certificates for their favorite restaurants.  We know they'll like them, we know they'll use them, and we can't think of anything else! Still trying to decide about the bridesmaids...I got them earrings for day of, but that doesn't count (costume jewelry, nothing I'd expect them to wear again).  One thing I'm doing for all of them is a picture of us together from some point in a frame (for 4 of them, it's funny college shots, for the other two it's ones of us when we were little).  Still debating the rest.  We're all in our 30s and settled down, and don't "need" anything, so I'm trying to come up with something we'd want!!!
    Posted by luvRIboy

I got my bridesmaid monogrammed umbrellas! very practical and cute! I got them here: www.savannahjacks.com i wish i would have got one for myself...hhaa.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Depends on what you want to spend - I think readers getting something book related if they are readers in real life is kind of cute.

For parents - if you had a lot of $$$ and they are still married maybe a one night getaway to help keep their marriage going strong w/o the kids around.   You can get B&B.com certifivates valid at a large number of inns they can choose from.
    A gc for a romantic restaurant or even a date night - string of bowling or movie and more casual dinner certificate I just like the idea of something romanti for you parents because they are the first people to teach you to love.

I think the photo and poem for your readers is a wonderful idea.

Sections
Shortcuts