Instruction and Advice for the Young Bride

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Instruction and Advice for the Young Bride

I thought some of you could use this...  Wink

http://humor.beecy.net/menwomen/bride/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Instruction and Advice for the Young Bride

OMG, this caused me to continuously snort coffee the whole time I was reading it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's funny!

However, I wonder if it's really true.  My great-grandmother (without being too specific, thankfully) told me she and her husband, uh, enjoyed each other very much and very often, and she didn't make any mention of it being against the times.  She was born in 1898 so it would have been in the early 1900s that she was talking about...  Maybe she was ahead of her time. :)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with that-guy.  (Did I just say that?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Instruction and Advice for the Young Bride:
    I agree with that-guy.  (Did I just say that?)
    Posted by kargiver

It's OK.  Under the laws of probability, it was bound to happen at some point.

It reminds me of all the romance novels set in old England where the brides are so terrified and are relieved to discover that sex isn't anything like what their mothers told them.

Yes, I read garbage.  My brain gets tired of thinking all the time.  Don't judge me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You're right - it was bound to happen (and has happened before, but don't tell).

Distractions are a fun and nesssary part of life (but hopefully not during the joy of sex!). :)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

You're right - it was bound to happen (and has happened before, but don't tell). Distractions are a fun and nesssary part of life (but hopefully not during the joy of sex!). :)
    Posted by kargiver

I can honestly say I've never read during sex.  I can't say I haven't balanced my checkbook, but there was no "joy" involved.

....That's actually not true.  I do enjoy balancing my checkbook.  Embarassed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's Some-guy, thank you very much.
    Posted by some-guy

Of course. ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

That's funny! However, I wonder if it's really true. 

I think the post Lucy linked was a parody and not actually from 18-whatever... that was my impression, anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, it must be...I hope!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

That's funny! However, I wonder if it's really true.  My great-grandmother (without being too specific, thankfully) told me she and her husband, uh, enjoyed each other very much and very often, and she didn't make any mention of it being against the times.  She was born in 1898 so it would have been in the early 1900s that she was talking about...  Maybe she was ahead of her time. :)
    Posted by kargiver

For the writer, it probably was true. Take it with a grain of salt, she was the wife of a reverand, probably some extremeist sect. There are some extremeist sect women today who believe the very same thing- like the ones who say you can't divorce your husband even if he hits you because God won't approve.
    I think I can safely say this sort of mentality was the exception, not the rule.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

And women wonder why their husbands wind up nailing their secretary, or the girl at the bar, when they've cut it off almost completely by their 10 year anniversary.
    Posted by some-guy

if they've cut it off, he won't be nailing anyone.

seriously, this was written in 1894- allegedly- by some batty old religious cult lady. very few women actually believe or practice this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thank goodness this was posted by you Lucy.  When I saw the title, I thought it was going to be some really condescending post.  Unfortunately, I am too tired to read that whole article!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I could be really condescending, if I must, but I probably wouldn't really mean any of it.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I don't really think the writer was from that time period... I think it's a woman like us, who decided for amusement to write this piece based on generalities of "back then".  There's just way too much of the word "sex" in there for me to think it was really written by a Reverend's wife in 1894 and published by a "spiritual" publisher... but if I'm wrong, I think this woman had an incredible sense of humor because it's definitely written tongue-in-cheek.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

This was great, I'm making DH read it! 

Gary Coleman and his 22-year-old (or around there) wife supposedly had a sexless marriage, didn't they? Perplexing. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

WPP!  I was just thinking of you last night.  I was trying to recall who got married in VT.  That was you, right?  Then that made me think I hadn't seen your name in a while.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

WPP!  I was just thinking of you last night.  I was trying to recall who got married in VT.  That was you, right?  Then that made me think I hadn't seen your name in a while.
    Posted by framerican51008

Hey fram! I got married in NH at Promises to Keep, but it is north of here. Laughing You're right, though, I haven't commented in a while. My pup chewed my laptop cord (my fault for leaving it where he could get it) so I have to steal DH's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

You're right, though, I haven't commented in a while. My pup chewed my laptop cord (my fault for leaving it where he could get it) so I have to steal DH's.
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

Did you strangle him with it?  Surprised

When the Oxygen Pirate's cat ate my cord, I actually managed to duct tape it back together so it works.  So, you could try that, but I don't know how bad it is.

Sections
Shortcuts