Is it weird????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

Is it weird????

That my MOH emailed me today to let me know that she had MY wedding photographer take professional pictures of just her?? Like a private photo shoot? And in the email said "I wasn't going to tell you, but decided to in case he was talking to me a lot at your wedding."

By the way, this is MOH who has been causing a lot of drama.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shortylicious. Show Shortylicious's posts

Re: Is it weird????

It depends. Was she wearing her bridesmaid gown? Does she expect you to include the pictures in your wedding album or pay for them? If the answers are yes, then it's very wierd.
    If she just decided she liked the photographer and wanted professional pictures of herself, then no, it's not wierd. I know some folks (normal, not ego maniacs) who have had professional portraits done as adults.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shortylicious. Show Shortylicious's posts

Oops...I can't spell. Wierd = weird.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

It is a little weird.  Why did she need professional portraits right now?  Did she already know about your photog or did she just know him because you are using him? 

Seems a little odd and maybe she's doing it on purpose to get under your skin (if she is a drama queen, which you seemed to indicate).  But technically there is nothing wrong with it.  She hired him on her own, outside of your wedding.  So just be the bigger person and don't let it get to you.  It will probably drive her crazy that it isn't bothering you (if her intention was to bother you, that is).

PS.  It would probably bug me too, but I tend to be a bit possessive.  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

Trex,
    I honestly think she did it because she can't stand that there is no attention on her. She has been insanley narcissitc on FB...and I quote "professional picture taken of me on....love it so much wish I could have it framed and put all over my apt."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

In Response to Re: Is it weird????:
    [QUOTE]I think it is weird because she is an adult getting professional pictures taken of herself.  I didn't realize people did that.
    Posted by Summer2010[/QUOTE]

What type of photo shoot was it?  Adults often get professional portraits taken for business purposes.  Especially now that so much of our culture is web-based, it's rare NOT to see a professional photograph alongside someone's online profile at their law firm, medical practice, or even on their business cards (realtors do this all the time, for instance).  I'm an opera singer myself and have to get new publicity shots and headshots done every couple of years or so

If it was a random photo shoot of this woman in glamorous clothing and she just wanted pictures done for the heck of it, ok, that would be a little weird! :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

No, Mezzo....glamour shots they were.

I don't own the rights to my photographer. She paid for them herself, I get that. But that fact that she used him (and she found out about him thru me because of my wedding) just rubs me the wrong way. I just know she is doing it for the wrong reasons. Also in this weird way, I feel like I am getting him involved in this lame, immature drama, which is so embarassing.

I'm going to take Trex's advice and ignore it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

August, I can totally see how she might have done it to steal your thunder/get under your skin, but agree that you should forget about it. 
    Maybe talk to the photographer and let him know that she will not be your spokesperson on the wedding day, since it seems like she thinks they are buddies now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Sorry, I'm totally confused.  Your wedding hasn't taken place yet, so how did she even know who your photographer is?  

If you told her about him, raved about his work, etc. then why wouldn't you want her to hire him?

You hired him for one day.  You don't own him.  I don't get why you're upset.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Cos, You are very lucky to not have any crazy people in your life who do weird things to get under your skin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shell7. Show Shell7's posts

If it happened to me, I wouldn't be 100% pleased with it. Having your picture professionally taken for no purpose is a bit odd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

ugh, I know people who get professional glamour shots done just because they love looking at themselves. I don't think it's weird, I think it's lame.

Don't let it bother you. She obviously has issues. At least this is they way she's garnering attention, it could be a whole lot worse! Like it could have been a budoir shoot! Don't let her bait you into saying something zilla-ish like "Why did you use my photographer??" it's just not worth it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

I once worked with a woman who used Glamour Shots to have a portrait done of her in a slinky dress in a provocitive pose. She then had it enlarged and placed above her sofa in yhe living room! So, So weird. bg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I'm confused...
    Sure, glamour shots are weird and budouir photos are creepy... but I don't really see what the issue is?  She sounds egomaniacal, but it's not like she enlarged one of the pictures and displayed near the gift table at your reception, or insisted the photographer take time out on your wedding day to just take photos of her all dressed up?

I'm with Cos on this one, if they are a good photographer, then wouldn't you want to refer others to them too?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yes, it's weird, but I"m with cosmo.  I don't understand why you are upset by it.  It's freakin' hilarious. I would get so much mileage laughing my butt off about this.  You can't control what other people do; you can only control your reaction to it.  Laugh when people do dumb things; you'll feel better immediately.  GL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

[QUOTE]No, Mezzo....glamour shots they were. I don't own the rights to my photographer. She paid for them herself, I get that. But that fact that she used him (and she found out about him thru me because of my wedding) just rubs me the wrong way. I just know she is doing it for the wrong reasons. Also in this weird way, I feel like I am getting him involved in this lame, immature drama, which is so embarassing. I'm going to take Trex's advice and ignore it.
    Posted by augustbride20[/QUOTE]

August, I get why you are upset.  It is just weird and I totally understand that she's probably doing it to get some attention on her.  It sounds like she is either really self-involved or insecure about something (that maybe your wedding is bringing up for her) and acting out in strange ways.  But, don't let it bother you (or at least don't let her know it bothers you because that would probably make her happy in a weird way!).

I agree with PP advice:  make sure you tell your photog that she is not to tell him what to do on your wedding day.  I feel like since she's hired him, she might try to get him to take a lot of photos of her on your wedding day.  I could be wrong and she wouldn't do that, but just in case, I'd mention it to the photog since oftentimes the MOH does have some authority on the wedding day.

Wait:  I changed my mind.  Don't say anything to him until like a few weeks before the wedding.  Maybe she'll go back to normal before then (or all of this will be forgotten).  No reason to involve him now.  But if she is still acting weird like 2 weeks before the wedding, then I might mention it to him then.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, I'm totally confused.  Your wedding hasn't taken place yet, so how did she even know who your photographer is?   If you told her about him, raved about his work, etc. then why wouldn't you want her to hire him? You hired him for one day.  You don't own him.  I don't get why you're upset.
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

If I am on wedding forums when I am 50+ years old, I hope to God my friends tell me how lame I am....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You want to be told if you are lame?  Well, if this is high enough on your list of things to have an issue with, uh, well...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

augustbride, now you're just coming off as rude (and a little immature). I thought these boards were to hear all sorts of opinions and thoughts - not just ones who understood you. Maybe a mature woman's perspective would be something good to consider.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

[QUOTE]augustbride, now you're just coming off as rude (and a little immature). I thought these boards were to hear all sorts of opinions and thoughts - not just ones who understood you. Maybe a mature woman's perspective would be something good to consider.
    Posted by rhm327[/QUOTE]

If her name (augustbride20) accurately reflects her age then you know why she is acting like an immature brat. She actually is one. Personally I think they should increase the age people are allowed to marry to, say, 25. Before that age you don't really know who you are. That would dramatically cut the divorce rate. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shortylicious. Show Shortylicious's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, it's weird, but I"m with cosmo.  I don't understand why you are upset by it.  It's freakin' hilarious. I would get so much mileage laughing my butt off about this.  You can't control what other people do; you can only control your reaction to it.  Laugh when people do dumb things; you'll feel better immediately.  GL.
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one...I have a family member who has several large painted portraits of herself displayed throughout her home- my brothers and I lol all the time about them. She's the sweetest person, but really, it's a bit much. And I'm pretty sure it's one of the reasons why she remains single. Kind of a turn off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it weird???? : If I am on wedding forums when I am 50+ years old, I hope to God my friends tell me how lame I am....

LOL

What is it about my being 50 that upsets you?  Why don't you think I have anything to contribute?  That I couldn't possibly be a new bride at my age, that I don't have any ideas to share about wedding planning, or that I have enough life experience to know that when a friend hires the same person that you do, it's no big deal? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

august- way harsh. cosmo was just being honest, I think you read too much into her post. if it wasn't for regulars like her, this board wouldn't be as helpful as it is.

ETA: I've been married for more than 3 years, so it's probably lame that I post here, too. But whatever! I like it and I don't care what anyone else has to say about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Plasko.  20?  I'm nearly double that, and I vaguely remember being up in arms about such things.  I love my old, happy, and very possibly lame life. Cool 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMD719. Show KMD719's posts

If this happened on your wedding day when the photographer was contracted to take pics of your choosing then you have a beef with the photographer.    Similarly, in my limited experience a band or DJ won't play special requests unless the one's paying the bill approve.  

If MOH had pics done on her own time/dime with the same photographer you hired - who cares?  

In Response to Is it weird????:
    [QUOTE]That my MOH emailed me today to let me know that she had MY wedding photographer take professional pictures of just her?? Like a private photo shoot? And in the email said "I wasn't going to tell you, but decided to in case he was talking to me a lot at your wedding." By the way, this is MOH who has been causing a lot of drama.....

Sections
Shortcuts