Is it weird????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Re: Is it weird????

In Response to Re: Is it weird????:
    [QUOTE]Hey, Plasko.  20?  I'm nearly double that, and I vaguely remember being up in arms about such things.  I love my old, happy, and very possibly lame life.  
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Well at least augustbride20 has the excuse of being immature, I guess. But to be honest maturity is only a state of mind, and age is almost irrelevant. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maturity being a state of mind is true only if you're older; I think age does matter in an indirect way, because the older you are the more experiences you have behind you to either utilize (maturity) or dismiss (immaturity).  If you're young, it's not as easy a choice because it's between using OTHER people's experiences/advice (simply because you haven't lived long enough to amass a bunch of your own) to your advantage or not.   And, the judgement center of the brain is the last to develop so using other people's experiences to your advantage might seem like less of a great idea than it is when you are just past your teens.

P.S.  Just noticed that somehow 1/2 way through my post BDC posted before I finished...weird.  I deleted the other version, but sorry for any confusion!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

I read the wedding threads even though I'm already married (and according to some -old). I also read the pregnancy threads even though I have a 14 year old and def. not planning a baby. What can I say, I enjoy reading about joyous occasions such as a birth, and also wedding gowns. I know I'm not lame.bg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Everyone our age is lame to a 20 year old, bg, don't take it personally!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I too am 53.  I have been married and think I could contribute too. But the question was silly so I didn't.  Cosmo and I have double the life experience of you.  Showing your immaturity...

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it weird???? : LOL What is it about my being 50 that upsets you?  Why don't you think I have anything to contribute?  That I couldn't possibly be a new bride at my age, that I don't have any ideas to share about wedding planning, or that I have enough life experience to know that when a friend hires the same person that you do, it's no big deal? 
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I do the same BG and my daughter is 27!  LOL!

[QUOTE]I read the wedding threads even though I'm already married (and according to some -old). I also read the pregnancy threads even though I have a 14 year old and def. not planning a baby. What can I say, I enjoy reading about joyous occasions such as a birth, and also wedding gowns. I know I'm not lame.bg
    Posted by beastsgirl[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod1818. Show capecod1818's posts

Yike Augustbride.  That was a little rough.  Not sure if you have "real friends" either if you are complaining about how lame your MOH was with hijacking your photographer.  When I first read your thread quickly i syphathized a bit but then when I realized she paid for the photos I changed my mind.  I think it is weird and all but her own actions will speak volumes so I wouldn't even give it another thought.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope she's just having an off day...we all have immature moments especially when we're under stress.

ETA:  Otherwise, marriage might not be the BEST idea right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ok, let's all back off the attacks a bit!  I love the diversity of this board and hope that no one is banned for either type of ageism! Besides, if we wanted the opinions only of people we know will agree with us, we'd all just go to our personal friends.  I love this forum because you get alllll kinds of personalities and opinions.

Re: the original issue, it could be that she's doing this for attention, but truly her getting individual glamour shots done of herself cannot possibly overshadow your wedding or your wedding pics, unless you let it!  Be the bigger person, tell her they're gorgeous and that you're even more excited now because you have more evidence that the photographer will make your wedding pictures beautiful!

There's actually a great bridezilla moment possibility here - say, "Wow, if he made you look that good, imagine how gorgeous he'll make me look!"  LOL!  Just kidding, I couldn't resist!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No one is attacking.  Marriage takes maturity.  This post demonstrates a lack thereof, maybe a transient anomoly, maybe not a good reflection of who she generally is.  Who knows?  But, maybe if complete strangers suggest that marriage takes more maturity than this demonstrates she'll consider it.  What's the harm in that?  Sounds like a good thing to me.  Either way, being nice isn't always the same as being pleasant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Kar - you did help to turn the post more positive, but there were a couple of attacks there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They weren't worded as nicely as possible, but I think there's power in numbers here.  It's not just one, possibly crazy, person saying "immature" - it's a wide range of people of different ages, viewpoints, etc., all saying essentially the same thing.  Hopefully, it will give her pause if nothing else.  If she's so thin skinned as to find any of these posts offensive, all the more reason to be concerned for her.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from augustbride20. Show augustbride20's posts

Kar, excuse me? Don't you ever tell me that marriage isn't the best idea for me right now, you don't have to be concerned for me. I'm sorry, but I don't really take to heart what complete strangers on a forum say as serious as you do, seeing as you are on this forum pretty much all day (i.e. 8,968 posts from you) I was pissed at Cos because she seems to ALWAYS be harsh in her words, and has been like to EVERYONE on this forum.

Whatever, I don't care enough to fight my comment. I said what I said, and I am not taking it back. Call me immature, these opinions mean nothing to me.

And on that note, I think I am done with the Boston.com forums.

Have fun talking about me and calling me immature and saying I am not ready for marriage. I on the other hand will be out with my friends (including my MOH) who I apologized to and told her I was wrong to think that way and was on the phone for an hour working out everything......SO immature.

Peace.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If anyone rejects the idea that they are immature in an immature tirade replete with snide remarks and sarcasm...a bit ironic, isn't it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Well on the bright side she apologized to MOH about this storm-in-a-teacup. 
    All's well that ends well. Thats another bridezilla bomb defused. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, agreed.  And, I never said she's too immature to get married, did I?  I said that if this is indicative of a pattern of immaturity it's gonna be rough.  If someone can't handle that idea, well, it's gonna be rough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I always think it's the best possible outcome when the crazy people finally freak out and leave. Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I was afraid to see where this had gone... Sorry to hear August won't be back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oh well, hope she posts her reviews anyways. 

Sections
Shortcuts