Is this forum dead?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from survey2010. Show survey2010's posts

Is this forum dead?

The boston.com wedding forum used to be much more active in the past. I’m wondering if it lost it’s prominence because it changed it’s format a while back or if people just prefer other wedding forums over this one. I would love to hear your thoughts. What other forums do you like? What would you do to improve this one? Where do you go for most of your wedding planing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Is this forum dead?

I continued to come here for wedding info (and now pregnancy info), but agree that it is not what it used to be a couple years ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Yup, it's dead all right. 

I go to www.wedding.conforums.com. It's got many of the old boston.com gang plus many others -- all defectors from the Weddingchannel.com which merged with The Knot to become a total hot mess.

Too bad.  Boston.com weddings boards were the best in the day, and I made some super friends. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's dead compared to a few years ago, but I like the people still here and am not planning a wedding, anyway, so I don't feel the need to try somewhere else.  It's really just a social forum, now, that's somewhat about weddings, imo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

yeah, it's pretty dead, but things always slow down after the summer and early fall are over. I've never really gone to other forum sites, but I imagine people like to have everything in one place, and BDC's planning resources aren't comparable to sites like The Knot or Wedding Channel.

I always preferred BDC, especially when I was only lurking, because it's a smaller community. but then there was all that time that went by with no boards at all, then when the boards came back we had a troll or two, and I think people just moved on. Like Cosmo pointed out.

I'm happy that the pet forum seems to be really picking up since the re-format.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

The thing is, there are a TON of lurkers who may not post but definitely read the forum. I lurked for years before I started posting.

I could never stomach the other sites because they're filled with psychotic, entitled bridezillas, and the people on here are more grounded. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Amen, WPP.  I second that on both counts: lurked for a long time, and still lurk more than I post, and I can't stand the other sites.  I try to use them for ideas, but I get so fed up with the drama and sorting through the nonsense to find good info, I usually give up before finding anything useful. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

PK, it's so good to see your old avatar!  Love the pink kittie print!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Thanks, Cosmo! I think I like it best, too!

Sections
Shortcuts