KARGIVER update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

KARGIVER update

Hi, friends!

So sorry for the long unexpected silence.  Our internet connection is trashed, and the cable guy is coming (again) tomorrow.  The signal is messed up, the line itself might have been damaged somewhere, somehow.  If this posts it will be a miracle (it's taken me 2 and a half hours to get this far).

Crossing fingers and toes that this posts so I can say HELLO and BEST WISHES to all of you.  Hoping all is well and that I can return soon.  I will not be able to check for responses.

GMAIL is totally unaccessible for me - ALF, so sorry to leave you mid conversation.

Blessings and best to all of you.  Miss you!!!

~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: KARGIVER update

how frustrating! i've yet to deal with a cable company that I felt was truly helpful.
    Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Thanks for your update! I was really getting quite worried about you. Good to hear you and your family are well.
    I know you may not get this message, but I sent it anyway --- just in case you will be able to check in.
    Bless you dear. Hope to hear from you soon - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I figured that was the case, Kar.  Good luck getting it resolved.  I'll fill you in when you get back on line. :-) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I figured you were on vacation. Sorry you're stuck in an internet nightmare! I hope you're all fixed soon. We miss you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

Hi Kargiver!  I miss hearing your voice on the board!  Hope you get up and running soon.  Sending good vibes your way! 
    -K

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I wondered where you'd gone!  How frustrating - I hope it gets resolved very soon!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, the boards are just not the same w/o you. Missing your posts - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, Friends!!!

Thank you so much for the kind thoughts.  There were soooooo many issues that I didn't realize were broken, all on the outside of the house.  It "worked" but not very well, and my DH confirmed that it NEVER did.  The last straw that made it so I couldn't get on at all was why I called Charter, but now they have EVERYTHING fixed, and I can't believe how bad I was limping along before and didn't know it.

So, here I am - I'll be getting caught up with your goings on today and I hope all is well with everyone.  Gracie's crate is almost done; I'll post in pets. :)

YAY!  I missed you all SO MUCH!

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome back Kar! You were truly missed. Hope your IT now is fixed for good. When it is not working, one feels like being stranded on a deserted island. Good to have you back - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, dear Pingo - I'm so glad to be back.  Stranded is a good way to describe it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

In Response to Re: KARGIVER update:
    Hi, Friends!!! Thank you so much for the kind thoughts.  There were soooooo many issues that I didn't realize were broken, all on the outside of the house.  It "worked" but not very well, and my DH confirmed that it NEVER did.  The last straw that made it so I couldn't get on at all was why I called Charter, but now they have EVERYTHING fixed, and I can't believe how bad I was limping along before and didn't know it. So, here I am - I'll be getting caught up with your goings on today and I hope all is well with everyone.  Gracie's crate is almost done; I'll post in pets. :) YAY!  I missed you all SO MUCH! ~kar
    Posted by kargiver

Ugh!  I can't stand Charter.  We had an issue where we could not use the phone and the internet at the same time.  Something about the signal from the pole.  They had to come out 3 times to figure that out.  Just had to share.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Man, that stinks, too.  I do think that the first service visit should have fixed our problem.  A voltage leak isn't exactly difficult to detect with the right equipment.

But, actually, they did make really, really nice so I can't complain at this point.  I'm watching yesterday's 2 Scrubs on our free DVR service so....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

DH's work office power, cable internet and phones, and computers went out in the storm winds 9-10 days ago,  and due to blown transformer that a huge tree crushed or some D!!!!! thing still is not functional -  what a PITA.  You get dependent on technology.

He spent half the week, with coworkers, in his office over the woodworking shop/garage, with an old PC of ours, another engineers's, and 2 laptops,  and dial up through out phone lines.

It has not done wonders for his disposition.
    Nobody put in more than 30 hours at work - once they got out time critical stuff Wed am, half took any comp time coming or worked at home on stuff that does not go into the work computer until advanced stages.

DH has spent upwards of 20 hours down in the woodworking shop, mostly by himself, working off his frustrations,  and 2 evenings there with a friend/ housemate.

On the one hand,  I want their tech problem's fixed, because it is screwing up everyone's work, and moods carryover.

On the other hand, My DH and Sarahbth's DH made us 2 bench seat swings (with kiddie seatbelts) for the yard this summer, and set them up downstairs complete with their A frame supports, until the weather is good enough for them to go on the deck.

Also DH made a slew of wooden toy boats for kids, some sailboats,  and a couple of wind-up paddlewheelers.

Plus made both ends of a rocker crib.

Productive as he has been, maybe I'll blow out that transformer someday when my Honey-do list is long and his time is short.  (What evil thoughts lurk in the minds ...)  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Who can blame you for that thought when the issue got so much accomplished!  You aren't evil, you're...resourceful!  ;)

Sections
Shortcuts