Kids Meal Options on Invite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RitaTatem. Show RitaTatem's posts

Re: Kids Meal Options on Invite?

We had two different versions of a reply card for our wedding.  Since we invited family members with children, we sent one version that included the kids menu option listed so if people were planning on bringing their kids, we would know there.  For others that we didn't include children, we sent them a different version of the reply card.  You just have to make sure you put the specific one with the invites as you address them.  Really not a big deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

um, I thought answering etiquette and details question was the whole purpose of the board?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RitaTatem. Show RitaTatem's posts

Hey there - what you see there (the contact me info) is my autimatic signature for my wedding blog.  I like to stay current with wedding topics so I like to respond to these boards once in a while, especially since these boards were very helpful when I was planning my own wedding and I know former brides will post on here.  Sorry for any confusion.

n Response to Re: Kids Meal Options on Invite?:
    um, I thought answering etiquette and details question was the whole purpose of the board?
    Posted by pinkkittie27

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

no worries then! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJLen. Show JJLen's posts

"but I won't pay for a full adult meal knowing they won't eat it"
    --------------------------------------

It would bug me a bit too, if I knew the kids involved preferred typical "kids foods." And most kids do. But on the other side of it, I've appreciated recent family members who asked me whether my middle child wanted a kids or adult meal. He's 10, and he doesn't do standard kid food -- he's not a chicken finger, mac & cheese, pizza fan. He eats "adult" food and he has a big appetite. 

I think the nice thing to do is offer your guests with kids a choice, though as the kids at your wedding will all be under 8 I'm sure they'll want the kids' meals -- writing a little handwritten note to the cards letting those families know of the kids' meal seems like the best option. In case you're not inviting everyone's kids, printing it on the menu cards might not be a good idea. If you are inviting them all and you have room on the cards for it, no harm in printing it though. 

Sections
Shortcuts