Lag time between ceremony & start of reception

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Re: Lag time between ceremony & start of reception

We're having our receiving line at the church. We weren't going to have one at all, but then we decided to do our formal pictures at the church. We figured that people would linger around while we're taking pictures which we don't really want because our wedding party is so big. We thought that if people got to see us right after, then they'd get in their cars and get to the reception. Hopefully the sun is shining that day and there's space to mill around outside.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Our ceremony started at 3pm, lasted about an hour, and our reception site was about a 30 - 40 minute drive away.  Our cocktail hour started 5pm, and our dinner was going to be served between 6:15 - 6:30pm.  I heard no complaints from anyone who got to the reception site early before the cocktail hour started. 

You also have to figure in traffic, people not leaving RIGHT away after the ceremony (as our guests didn't).  After our ceremony ended, we were all hanging around the outside of the church for about 15 minutes before we left to head to the reception site.  We didn't do our receiving line at the churc, either.  We left it for in between the cocktail hour and the reception.

I think your start time is fine for cocktail hour.  Weddings are not always time concise.  More of approximations.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Goodness:  but you didn't have a gap.  3 to 4 PM ceremony, plus a 40 min drive put your guests at the reception place at 4:40 PM and the reception starts at 5 PM (only 20 min gap)  By the time people parked and stuff, they were right on time for the reception.  That is actually very good timing.

OP is planning the same thing, except her ceremony is at 2 PM, giving her guests an extra hour in between with nothing to do.  Killing 60 mins is way different than killing 20 mins.

If OP starts the cocktails at 4 PM, she'll have very nice timing just like yours.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

This is fairly random and OT, but, Goodness, I really like your bouquet.  I've been meaning to mention it.  I am generally not a fan of pink, but every time I see it, I think, "That is beautiful."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Thank you so much, Lucy!  That's actually my toss bouquet.

My wedding bouquet was champagne and light pink colored roses with a handkerchief folded up to look like a rose mingled into the bouquet.  The handkerchief was something that was given to me from a friend of my mother's (who has known me since I was about 6 years old).  It was something special, and I wanted a piece of her with me in my bouquet on my wedding day.  I'm trying to get a picture of it, so I can post it.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from josebeniperfectlaw. Show josebeniperfectlaw's posts

Re: In memoriam of John Nathan, Brian Fuentes and Brad Lidge.

In Response to In memoriam of John Nathan, Brian Fuentes and Brad Lidge.:
    John Nathan, Brian Fuentes and Brad Lidge were very concerned about their future in baseball last post-season. These three pitchers were very awful in the post-season... especially in the ninth inning. They were beaten by a Canadian invader named Tony "Goliath" Galea... in the most crucial moment of last year Post-season. But it wasn´t their fault, because Tony "Goliath" Galea was not register in the MLB. There was not an official scouting report on galea, until the Feds blew the whistle last week. Now these three pitchers: Nathan, Fuentes and Lidge are in peace with themselves. because they know that there is nothing wrong with their pitching arms. They feel better because they won´t have to face Tony Galea again this season. In other words, they just were unprepared for Tony Galea's stuff last post-season.
    Posted by Young-Ideas

awesome post!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from josebeniperfectlaw. Show josebeniperfectlaw's posts

Re: In memoriam of John Nathan, Brian Fuentes and Brad Lidge.

In Response to In memoriam of John Nathan, Brian Fuentes and Brad Lidge.:
    John Nathan, Brian Fuentes and Brad Lidge were very concerned about their future in baseball last post-season. These three pitchers were very awful in the post-season... especially in the ninth inning. They were beaten by a Canadian invader named Tony "Goliath" Galea... in the most crucial moment of last year Post-season. But it wasn´t their fault, because Tony "Goliath" Galea was not register in the MLB. There was not an official scouting report on galea, until the Feds blew the whistle last week. Now these three pitchers: Nathan, Fuentes and Lidge are in peace with themselves. because they know that there is nothing wrong with their pitching arms. They feel better because they won´t have to face Tony Galea again this season. In other words, they just were unprepared for Tony Galea's stuff last post-season.
    Posted by Young-Ideas

awesome post!