Last minute things?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Last minute things?

Jdd, let me know about the one in Arlington! I live in Newton and that is relatively close! I go to the Mount Auburn Club in Watertown, it's a really nice gym (I don't work out there), but they have a spa for non-members...a little pricey, but I think they do a good job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

In Response to Re: Last minute things?:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I am actually growing it out right now, because the weather is so lousy, I haven't been wearing tank tops much....I have an appointment next Wednesday at a spa in Watertown where I get my eyebrows done...I trust them, and they have what is called 'scream cream' that they say numbs the skin?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Are you just getting your underarms waxed?  Bikini, too?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Just my underarms for now...I'm too scared to get m bikini. I take care of it myself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Just my underarms for now...I'm too scared to get m bikini. I take care of it myself.

I've been doing it myself with Surgiwax (AWESOME product!!) since the bikini care thread.  I love it.  It hurts a LOT the first time, but I hardly feel it now.  The Surgiwax numbing solution works quite a bit, too.  I highly recommend it, but only with Surgiwax Brazilian Kit.  I tried some soft wax with strips, and it was awful, NO comparison.

P.S.  And, as per Pinkkittie's recommendation I spent the relatively big bucks on TendSkin to treat the waxed area twice daily.  It takes redness away and keeps red bumps or even red circles of irritation from getting out of control.  It doesn't totally prevent them, but it does dramatically reduce them, and after about a week all the redness is gone.  It's a MUST-HAVE if you are waxing, IMO.  Not every place carries it; I got it online at drugstore.com.  If you spend $50+ it's free shipping so I get my deodorant, etc. there, too, so I don't pay any more to have it delivered instead of going to CVS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

[QUOTE]I'm Brazilian so we're known for our waxing.  I can recommend two women that I've been going to for years.  One is in Everett and the other is in Arlington :)  They are both sweethearts!
    Posted by jdd01[/QUOTE]
    Count me in as interested in the Arlington lady, if you'd care to share. I'm trying to find a good person, who is efficient and thorough. I hate it when they miss spots.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I always miss spots even having hit them twice with the wax.  I tweeze the ones left behind.  It used to hurt, but it hardly does anymore.  Not sure if a professional would have to do this, too, but my wax seems to work very well so I'm assuming they do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I always miss spots even having hit them twice with the wax.  I tweeze the ones left behind.  It used to hurt, but it hardly does anymore.  Not sure if a professional would have to do this, too, but my wax seems to work very well so I'm assuming they do.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar, OUCH!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

We forgot to pick up our marraige license. I actually didn't feel too overwhelmed in the days before the wedding, but I think that's because I was the last of 4 daughters to get married at my Mom and Dad's house, so it was like a well oiled machine by that point!!! My mother and my sisters knew exactly what I had to do and when I had to do it! THe only thing that sort of stressed me out was trying to pack my bag to leave for Essex (we live in Jamaica Plain), knowing I was packing for rehearsal dinner, the night before that, wedding morning, wedding day, the 2 days after that, and honeymoon stuff...I had lists upon lists of things to pack. We brought our 2 dogs with us, too, and they stayed behind at my parents while we went to Stowe for our hm, so I was convinced I'd forget something for them, too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

I'll post the website about the brazilian wax on another thread so to not interrupt your original question too much.  Good Luck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

I'll post under Vendors :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last minute things? : Kar, do you do your own brazillians? I would be terrified! I would be so scared of ripping off any skin  down there ....

Liz, I WAS SCARED!!!  But, I just bit the bullet and did it.  I wish I'd started out with the Surgiwax.  I thought, "I can't do one more strip," but I looked down and then I thought, "I MUST do the rest," and somehow I dragged myself through the whole painful process for fear of looking like a total freak if I didn't.  Now, like I said, it hardly hurts at all, and Surgiwax is the best, easiest wax on the market.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE] P.S.  And, as per Pinkkittie's recommendation I spent the relatively big bucks on TendSkin to treat the waxed area twice daily.  It takes redness away and keeps red bumps or even red circles of irritation from getting out of control.  It doesn't totally prevent them, but it does dramatically reduce them, and after about a week all the redness is gone.  It's a MUST-HAVE if you are waxing, IMO.  Not every place carries it; I got it online at drugstore.com.  If you spend $50+ it's free shipping so I get my deodorant, etc. there, too, so I don't pay any more to have it delivered instead of going to CVS.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Ouch Kar!  You have redness for a week??  You must have sensitive skin :o/
    I used to have awful redness from shaving the bikini area, so I started doing my own waxing about 5 years ago.
    And yes, professionals do have to tweeze after waxing... and then I sometimes have to tweeze some more when I get home.  It's just a fact of life that some hairs are too short or fine.  And you can't go over the same spot with wax a bunch of times or you will bruise - at least I will!