Mini Vent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Mini Vent

I was in a wedding on June 20th.
    - paid $250 for a BM dress
    - flew to DC for the wedding
    - gave her a $200 check
    - walked her dog three times the day of the wedding when she was getting ready

I still haven't gotten a thank-you card? What gives??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: Mini Vent

I understand your frustration, but please try not to get worried.  I'm sure they'll get their TY cards out soon.  It's only been 2 months (not even).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

A month and a half isn't really that long, all things considered.

Was it a big wedding?  As in, lots and lots of thank-you notes to write?  Did they take a long honeymoon after?  Maybe it's been a really busy summer?

Did they cash the check?  I feel like, if you have time to cash the check, you have time to write the card...  Otherwise, how do you keep track?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm betting you'll get one within a month.  Too long, but try to be patient nonetheless.  Not everyone has a keen sense of these things and get to them "when they can" not immediately like they should.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I understand, Goodness. Maybe it's just me, but my mother trained me from a very young age to get TY's out immediately for any event. I don't know, I guess everyone is different.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ok, you are all right. I'm just having a bad day/week.

I was in a wedding on August 1st and it may have ruined a friendship. I don't really want to get into details, but I was the MOH for a college friend and she treated me like garbage. I feel like I am going out of the way for my friends and I would like some recognition!

P.S. regarding the wedding on the 1st, the film crew from Bridezillas should have been there, I'm not even joking. Just ask Kmt, I have been updating her through email.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I agree timely thank yous are important, but give it 2 months.  Life can sometimes get in the way.  My schedule after the wedding went like this:
    week 1: on honeymoon
    week 2: still on honeymoon
    week 3: we return, family comes back into town to see my husband graduate (from graduate school)
    week 4: we move across town
    ...So thank-you notes were all sent by week 6 after the wedding, but it was a big scramble.  I felt terrible that they weren't out within a month, but sometimes life gets in the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I understand, Jasmine. Now I feel bad :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

In Response to Re: Mini Vent:
    [QUOTE]Ok, you are all right. I'm just having a bad day/week. I was in a wedding on August 1st and it may have ruined a friendship. I don't really want to get into details, but I was the MOH for a college friend and she treated me like garbage. I feel like I am going out of the way for my friends and I would like some recognition! P.S. regarding the wedding on the 1st, the film crew from Bridezillas should have been there, I'm not even joking. Just ask Kmt, I have been updating her through email.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Here is how I read this - OMG I have a great wedding story for you but I'm not going to tell you.  I whispered it to Kmt - but don't want to tell you.  

What kind of post is that?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Liz,

Sorry you're having a bad week.  A friendship gone bad, being treated so poorly, leaves you with a sick feeling in your stomach every time you think about it, doesn't it? 

Feel better.  Check out the pup page.  I just added a photo. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

[QUOTE]I understand, Jasmine. Now I feel bad :(
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

No need to feel bad!  You vented to us random-neutral-internet people, not the bride!  Everyone has days like that some times...  A very nice thank you note is definitely due, hopefully sooner rather than later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I always make it a point to get TY cards out immediately.  Our wedding was on Saturday, and DH and I plan to start working on them tomorrow night.  We want them out by the end of the week.

However, it doesn't bother me much if someone else doesn't do the same.  Even if I didn't get a TY card, I wouldn't be too upset.  What bothers me is when people send out those pre-printed cards that just say "thank you for your lovely gift," etc.  I'd rather no card than one nobody could even bother to personalize.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ok AB...want the story??

It's long and I didn't want a million responses on what to do or how to handle it, because right now, I don't know how exactly to handle it.

My friend since 2001, from college asked me to be her MOH for her 8/1/09 wedding, and I happily excepted. I then got engaged, and asked her to be mine, I have no sisters, and she is the closest friend to me.

About a month before her wedding she started treated me like, well, sh*t. Calling me at work complaining about everything, getting mad at me when I couldn't go shopping for wedding-related stuff with her, yelling at me when I couldn't drive her to pick up her dress, etc. on July 31st, my brother's wife's mother was sent to the hospital with a heart condition, and my sister-in-law called me frantically asking me to babysit my niece, so of course I agreed. I had to call my friend and tell her I was so sorry, but I have a fmaily emergency, so I will not be able to go to the nail salon and get my nails done with her. She screamed at me on the phone, to the point that she had me in tears. I know this is your wedding, but I'm sorry, family comes first.

The morning of her wedding, she calls me at 6am, flipping out about every detail possbile, woke me up, and insited I come to her house at 8am. Got me so frazzled, that I ran out of the house without my camera. She flipped out at me because I had forgotten it and well, I wasn't aware of the fact that I was supposed to take pictures of her getting ready?

I don't know how many eye-rolls I got from her when we were getting ready, to the point, her own mother told her to "give it a rest"

Throughout the reception, anytime anything little went wrong, she would find some way to blame me, or take it out on me. At her venue, there is a big deck that overlooks a golf-course, and during the dancing, a lot of the guests were outside enjoying the weather. She was NOT happy about this. She told me "go get those people to come inside and dance!" I tried, twice, but they didn't listen, so I gave up. And she got pissed at me about that. Nothing I did made her happy that night.

When the dust settled, and I got back to hotel room, my eyes and face were swollen from crying. Top top it all off, the very next day, I got a very long and detailed email from her explaining how her and her now DH are going to try to have a baby, so she really doesn't think she will be around to help me out for my wedding. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Your friend sounds like a nightmare. No offense :(

I wouldn't even have her in your wedding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Sept, that's absolutely awful!!  I'm so sorry to hear that.  I can't believe that there are brides out there who would treat their friends like that.  I don't know how you feel about this, but I would accept her "regret" to be in your wedding, and move on.  First of all, she doesn't have the decency to call you, but e-mail you?  AWFUL!  The nerve.  If I were you, and I were treated like this, I'd be even more "business like".  Send a message that shows that it's cold. Tell her, "Thank you for advising me of the recent change.  I will make the proper accommodations". She sounds heartless.  I'm sorry you cried.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I don't agree with kicking anyone out of a bridal party, but I would give her an out.  She sounds like a royal PITA and you really don't need that on your wedding day.  I don't understand what TTC has to do with being in a wedding.  Presumably, their TTC actions would take place at night, not at the wedding, right? 

As for a thank you note, give her a little more time.  My wedding was 4 weeks ago and we haven't gotten all of them out yet.  We went on a two week honeymoon, so we're still getting back to "real life". 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

That sounds awful.  I don't know about you guys, but the things that went wrong at my wedding I didn't even notice until it was all over, I was too busy floating around on cloud nine with my lovah!

And does trying to have a baby really take that much time out of your life?  I've never been pregnant, but I assume when I want to I will just have sex a little more often, not quit my job and blow off my friends.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

That does sound like a nightmare.  I guess everyone responds to the stress in different ways?  THere is no excuse for that behavior though.

It's strange too.  On my wedding day, I felt like I was in this blissful adrenaline-filled bubble, and none of the details mattered to me anymore.  Mostly everything worked beautifully; a few minor things didn't happen the way I expected; I didn't even register most of them until a few weeks after.  

Turns out, all the vendors were asking the groom about their last-minute questions/concerns, so as not to "stress out the bride".  THe funny thing is that I don't think anything they could have told me would have stressed me out at that point.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

The last thing I would ever want is to remember any yelling, screaming, moaning, crying (only good tears), or anything negative, for that matter.  Why would ANYONE want to remember their wedding day like that?  Awful! 

Sounds like a Bridezilla episode I saw.  Those women are pathetic. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I'm not kicking her out yet. I need to let things settle first.

I think she thinks she will magically have a baby when I get married and won't have time. It was just a bad day all around. A lot of people keep saying to me, "well maybe it was all the stress". No, stress shouldn't make you treat another human being like that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Oh, Liz!  How awful.  I know you didn't necessarily want advice, but we can't hear that story and not comment!  Maybe, in a sad way, it's good that she wrote you that email.  Now you can say, "Ok, I will find someone else to be my MOH" (whether you comment on how she can state, at this moment, that due to TTC in she will definitely busy on your wedding date over a year from now!!).  Save yourself any more heartache from her and choose a GOOD friend or family member to be your MOH.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I don't like the e-mail thing by her.  To e-mail you to tell you she won't be around to help you out?  That's rude.  Sounds like a smack in the face.  Is she trying to get you back one last time?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

What really made me the most angry was that she emailed me the day after her wedding. I feel completely used. She could have told me this way before. I actually have two MOH's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]Presumably, their TTC actions would take place at night, not at the wedding, right?
    Posted by Brighton1[/QUOTE]

This was totally my first thought.  "What kind of wedding are you planning, Liz?" and "Don't they have to come up for air at some point?"

I think that, after TTC for thirteen months straight, they might be a little sore and ready for a break.

P.S.  TTC conversation really grosses me out.  As much as you say, "Trying to have a baby," all I hear is "humping like bunnies."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

BTW, Liz, I will totally be your maid of honor.  And I will not sneak away during the reception in an effort to get knocked up.

Sections
Shortcuts