Mini Vent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Mini Vent

Well, Kar...seeing as he/she just created his screename today, I must agree with you, and ALF, and Kmt, who pointed out that he just created his profile today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

In Response to Re: Mini Vent:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mini Vent : You don't really feel bad. If you did, you would give her back her check, or insist you treat her to drinks. But you didn't.
    Posted by Manner15[/QUOTE]

Manner, please tell us how much we should be giving. 

And since you are so up on etiquette, surely you know that to return a gift to the sender is beyond rude.  That's telling her how to spend her money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mini Vent : You don't really feel bad. If you did, you would give her back her check, or insist you treat her to drinks. But you didn't.

Well seeing as our wedding was on Saturday and we just got to opening cards this week, I haven't really had the chance to do either now have I?

And what's your story, anyway?  An ungrateful bride coming here to complain?  Or another weird dude that plays around on wedding boards all day?  Introduce yourself!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Oh, and you're such a good person.  Look at that heart!!  Generous and thoughtful.  Your friends are lucky to have you in their lives. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

[QUOTE]well, don't be mad at the June bride's 6-week-late TYs (are you kidding me?)  because of the August bride's a$$holishness.Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

Wow, I remember a lot of my English grammar lessons on inflected endings for person and tense, and added suffixes to change a word to a different part of speech, as with -ly for an adverb.  Even - -ness as in "His holiness"  the teacher, boss, or Pope.  But that particular descriptive term never came up.

Cos, sometimes traditional, but definitely 1 of a kind.  SBNy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mini Vent : In case anyone is wondering, I'm perfectly happy to be rude using my own name.  So it's not me. 
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Lucy, you crack me up.  And I believe you too!  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mini Vent : How do these people get through school? 
    Posted by downtoearth[/QUOTE]

My mother, and a good friend, have original copies of Bel Kaufman's "Up the Down Staircase"  and each passed on another used paperback copy to me, when I made a comment like that at dinner once.
       Do you know the book?  Including the excuse notes the occupiers of school seats (surely not students) gave when they did not do their homework?

"get through school"  says it all.

I remember a dinner guest of my Mom's who said - my rule is, if I have to have some ??###! of a kid again for a year if I fail him, I give a passing C- or D.  If he will go to another teacher and not me, I give him the F he deserves.

I think that is called situational ethics (though I may be wrong.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mini Vent : In case anyone is wondering, I'm perfectly happy to be rude using my own name.  So it's not me. 
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

As am I!!

As far as wedding gifts, I give what I can. I despise couples who think that because they choose to get married that means others must drop boatloads of cash on them. Really really really hate that attitude!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

[QUOTE]You do realize that this is probably dougas, right?  Just ignore his sorry behind.
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

He figured no one would suspect him of being labeled Manner (s)  although "a rude and argumentative manner" does bring his posts to mind.