Name Change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 300dpi. Show 300dpi's posts

Name Change

I just went to the local Social Security office they asked me my name what my new name will be and the asked to see the marriage license. Thats it ! It was almost too easy.

The hardest part was finding the building :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Name Change

make sure you dont give them your old license....the paper form is not a valid ID, which means if you were going to a bar you would have to bring your passport.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Name Change

You ladies are lucky. Living in Arizona, they are one of the four places in the country where you have to go in only to designated card issuance SS offices, which means the one that is 5 miles from my house can't help me. So, I have to drive downtown Phoenix (40 miles) in this heat and not looking forward to it. (Still over 100 degrees and my car has no air conditioning) - Sorry, done complaining now.

I do have to say that getting the marriage license in Cambridge was almost a delight. We walked in, filled out a few forms certifying that we weren't related, gave the $25 cash and that was it. They didn't even check id's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Name Change

Well, you don't have to drive to Pheonix if you don't want to. I mailed my old SS card and my marriage license to an address I found on the SS website. They mailed me a new SS card which I then took to the RMV. It took a little longer - but saved me the hassle of actually taking the time to go to one of their offices.
    Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbc9579. Show kbc9579's posts

Name Change

So is it possible to just do all of this through the mail? Oh, wait, you can probably get a new SS card and license all in one day, is that correct? It's a pain to have to take time from work to do it, so I want to make this as simple as possible :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from msol. Show msol's posts

Name Change

I was told at the Social Security office that I needed my new card before going to the registry for the new license. It took about 2 weeks for the new card to show up in the mail.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbc9579. Show kbc9579's posts

Name Change

Duh, I'm an idiot - of course they don't just give it to you! Thanks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

Name Change

[Quote]I was told at the Social Security office that I needed my new card before going to the registry for the new license. It took about 2 weeks for the new card to show up in the mail. [/Quote]
    In MA they give you a piece of paper. I went from the SS office in Lowell directly to the RMV in Lowell with the marriage cert and letter from SS and had it all done same day, at least the name change piece. The actual new SS card and license both came seperately obviously but within 2 weeks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghotieyes. Show ghotieyes's posts

Name Change

Oh and with a new license for the new name comes a new fee. Well, not really new fee, but you have to pay for them to issue a new license. I'm prcrastinating w/ the passport b/c i don't want to pay the fee for a new passport yet.