new to board - wedding guest dilemma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma

it is inappropriate to say harsh things about the dead to those who morn him.

it is inappropriate to call others abusive names.

it is inappropriate to use the Lord's name in vain in groups of people who may be offended by it.

it is even inapproriate to take personal offense because someone feels differently than you do about celebrating birthdays, honoring the dead, political leanings and the results of criminal investigations that happened many years ago. 

signed:
    the queen of the boards. 

P.S. - for those who have lost their senses of humor today, the queen part was a joke

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma : The term "Chappaquiddick incident" refers to the circumstances surrounding the death of Mary Jo Kopechne , a former campaign worker for the assassinated U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy of New York . In July 1969, Kopechne's body was discovered inside an overturned car belonging to Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy of Massachusetts under water in a tidal channel on Chappaquiddick Island , Massachusetts. After the body was found, Kennedy gave a statement to police saying that on the previous night he had taken a wrong turn and accidentally driven his car off a bridge into the water. He pleaded guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of an accident after causing injury, and received a suspended sentence.    
    Posted by princess-cal[/QUOTE]

Right.  Which is *quite* different than MURDER.  that's all i'm going to say about that hot topic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]Why is there so much arguing on the boards this week?
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

Maybe we're all on here WAAAAAY to much and are all now PMSing at the same time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I think we're all grumpy because summer is almost over.  :(

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]it is inappropriate to say harsh things about the dead to those who morn him. it is inappropriate to call others abusive names. it is inappropriate to use the Lord's name in vain in groups of people who may be offended by it. it is even inapproriate to take personal offense because someone feels differently than you do about celebrating birthdays, honoring the dead, political leanings and the results of criminal investigations that happened many years ago.  signed: the queen of the boards.  P.S. - for those who have lost their senses of humor today, the queen part was a joke
    Posted by downtoearth[/QUOTE]
    As embarasing as this is for me to admit...I agree with everything AB says. Sigh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

ha ha ha, I was actually going to say the same thing.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma : Maybe we're all on here WAAAAAY to much and are all now PMSing at the same time.
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]  P.S. - for those who have lost their senses of humor today, the queen part was a joke

Until I heard we were voting, I did think you were queen of the boards.  Alas, I cannot throw my hat into the ring, as I am running for Supreme Ruler of the Universe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]. Why is there so much arguing on the boards this week?
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think it's because I've been so busy at work that I haven't really been here, and everyone misses me.

That's right.  It's all about me.  Me, me, me.  Kiss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

(chuckling) well, I guess we all do get carried away sometimes.  And over such important topics!

C'mon you guys, let's have another go-around regarding nursing infants at the open bar reception where other children aren't invited being held at 4 p.m. Friday on a long weekend in downtown Boston, to which the MOB is wearing white!

Peace and love,

Cosmo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma : Until I heard we were voting, I did think you were queen of the boards.  Alas, I cannot throw my hat into the ring, as I am running for Supreme Ruler of the Universe.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

(bowing low) thanks, but don't tell Cosmo and ash - I don't want them pi$$ed at me. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma : Until I heard we were voting, I did think you were queen of the boards.  Alas, I cannot throw my hat into the ring, as I am running for Supreme Ruler of the Universe.

You've got my vote.  If not, you can always fall back on Vice President of all Things Hilarious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOL

Arthur: "I am king!"
    Old Woman: "Well I didn't vote for you!"
    Arthur: "You don't vote for kings!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

We get it. She died. It was tragic.
    That doesn't make his death any less tragic or give you any right to come on here and insult someone who just died.

Or did someone vote you judge and jury on all recently deceased prominent persons?
    Care to weigh in on Walter Cronkite, Michael Jackson or Farrah Fawcett? Do they pass your test for "persons worthy of mourning"?

Get over yourself.
    He was someone's father, brother and friend.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma : The Murder/Coward part is the fact that he did not report the accident nor that she was trapped in the car until the next morning.  It was determined she died of Asphyxiation, rather than drowning, was likely.  Which means there was an opportunity for her to be rescued.  But TK prevented that by running away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Princess, stop.  I'm sure there is plenty of this going on the politics board where you will get plenty of support in how you feel.  Please take it over there.

To AUnt Beth, I love you too.  And I am not interested in a managerial position, so will not be running for supreme ruler, queen bee or anything of the sort.  I'm happy to be in a supporting role.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

AND, you're wrong.

"The medical examiner, Dr Donald Mills, was satisfied that the cause of death was accidental drowning. He signed a death certificate to that effect and released Kopechne's body to her family without ordering an autopsy.[24] Later, on September 18, District Attorney Dinis attempted to secure an exhumation of Kopechne's body in order to perform a belated autopsy,[25] citing blood found on Kopechne's skirt and in her mouth and nose "which may or may not be consistent with death by drowning".[26] The reported discovery of the blood was made when her clothes were turned over to authorities by the funeral director.[27]

A Pennsylvania court under Judge Bernard Brominski held a hearing on the request on October 20–21.[25] The request was opposed by Kopechne's parents.[25] Eventually Judge Brominski ruled against the exhumation on December 10, saying that there was "no evidence" that "anything other than drowning had caused the death of Mary Jo Kopechne".[28]"

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma : The Murder/Coward part is the fact that he did not report the accident nor that she was trapped in the car until the next morning.  It was determined she died of Asphyxiation, rather than drowning, was likely.  Which means there was an opportunity for her to be rescued.  But TK prevented that by running away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

LOL!
    King of the who?
    King of the Britains!!
    Who are the Britains?

[QUOTE]LOL Arthur: "I am king!" Old Woman: "Well I didn't vote for you!" Arthur: "You don't vote for kings!" In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Well, we all are. We're all Britains.

Okay, let's stop now. I could re-enact that whole movie start to finish.

I think I will also take a cue from the movie as "Get on with it!"

[QUOTE]LOL! King of the who ? King of the Britains!! Who are the Britains ? In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma :
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]Well, we all are. We're all Britains. Okay, let's stop now. I could re-enact that whole movie start to finish. I think I will also take a cue from the movie as "Get on with it!" In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma :

Did you happen to see Spamalot?  I caught it 2 years ago when it came to Boston.  I took DH who had never been to the theater.  We both loved it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Well, we all are. We're all Britains. Okay, let's stop now. I could re-enact that whole movie start to finish. I think I will also take a cue from the movie as "Get on with it!" In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma :

I don't even know what movie you guys are quoting....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Is this the craziest thread in existance of all crazy threads?

Although this whole thing has been rather heavy, it was kind of funny reading through:

"Ted Kennedy is a murderer."
    "I will not sing happy birthday!"
    "Who are the Britains?"
    "TK was awesome!"
    "Happy birthday is a nice thing to do!"
    "Queen of the Universe."

lol, we can at least appreciate this, right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

[QUOTE]Is this the craziest thread in existance of all crazy threads? Although this whole thing has been rather heavy, it was kind of funny reading through: "Ted Kennedy is a murderer." "I will not sing happy birthday!" "Who are the Britains?" "TK was awesome!" "Happy birthday is a nice thing to do!" "Queen of the Universe." lol, we can at least appreciate this, right?
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

lol - you left a couple moments out - but you gotta admit!!!!! a good one!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

lol, Wpp...go check your FB!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma : lol - you left a couple moments out - but you gotta admit!!!!! a good one!!!!!

AB - this is OT, but your old avatar pic...the one of the house.  Is that your house?  There is a house in my neighborhood that looks just like your old avatar, so I am wondering if it is the same one??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd_zkMEgkI

No, I didn't see Spamalot. My dad and I were supposed to go for his birthday one time, but then he decided to go out to Washington to see family.
    My dad had me watching Monty Python at 7yrs old.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new to board - wedding guest dilemma : I don't even know what movie you guys are quoting....
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

[QUOTE](chuckling) well, I guess we all do get carried away sometimes.  And over such important topics! C'mon you guys, let's have another go-around regarding nursing infants at the open bar reception where other children aren't invited being held at 4 p.m. Friday on a long weekend in downtown Boston, to which the MOB is wearing white! Peace and love, Cosmo
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]
    And all the guests must wear pink.