Odd registry happenings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Odd registry happenings

Does anyone else stalk their registries as often as I do?  I was on there yesterday and I noticed that my list had 2 $199 food processors on it.  Someone must have purchased it and BB&B added it to my registry, which is fine, since it's just like the one we registered for (I removed the extra one).  Now my FI is all worried that someone is going to buy something totally lame for us, like pink flamingos, and it's going to end up on the registry for all to see and people will think we're tacky.   Has this happened to anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: Odd registry happenings

lol, no, it didn't happen to me. But, Don't worry too much what other people think. Anyone's who going to judge you from what's on your registry can take a long walk off a short pier- especially if it shows up that someone already bought it for you. If someone already bought it for you, that means someone didn't think it was tacky at all.
    Did you know the pink flamingo was born right here in Leominster, MA?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I'm not too worried.  FI tends to over-think these things! :-)  He just couldn't believe that someone else could add something to OUR registry!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

LOL It has happened to me, but don't worry.  It should say "requested 0, received 1" which shows that you didn't ask for it! 
    Right now ours says stuff like "requested 3 shower curtain liners, received 5" so apparently we are receiving even more shower curtain liners at the wedding lol!  (We have a clawfoot tub, hence the 3).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Yup...it happens.  You just have to return the extras.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That happened to my registry, too.  It said "Requested 0, got 1".  I guess, I don't mind so much, but I'll be making some returns.  It was done to a few things on my registry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Yep, it happened to us too. A friend went shopping w/3 kids in tow & grabbed the wrong size towel.  It was a little surprising when I saw it, but no biggie. 
    And yes, i was stalking the thing too.  My excuse was that I wanted to make sure we still had things at different price points :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Yep, it happened to us too. A friend went shopping w/3 kids in tow & grabbed the wrong size towel.  It was a little surprising when I saw it, but no biggie.  And yes, i was stalking the thing too.  My excuse was that I wanted to make sure we still had things at different price points :)
    Posted by tibird

That's my reason, too.  I think I check mine daily...  Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Yeah, it added some weird things to mine too and I had to delete duplicates that is randomly added. Which registry is it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  That one added a duplicate to mine, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Yep, Bed, Bath & Beyond.  I noticed there's a cloth shower curtain liner on there too, which is nice, but we just bought one.  I'm sure an extra one will come in handy at some point :-) 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I really like cloth shower liners.  They are durable and easy to clean.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

And environmentally friendly :-)  Apparently those plastic ones give off toxic fumes!

QUOTE]I really like cloth shower liners.  They are durable and easy to clean.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Seriously???
    Looks like I've got to make a run to Target.

And environmentally friendly :-)  Apparently those plastic ones give off toxic fumes! QUOTE]I really like cloth shower liners.  They are durable and easy to clean. Posted by Goodness1

Posted by Brighton1

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Well, according to FI's stepmom they are, but she tends to believe everything she hears. 

Seriously??? Looks like I've got to make a run to Target. Posted by Brighton1

Posted by pinkkittie18

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I really like cloth shower liners.  They are durable and easy to clean.
    Posted by Goodness1

QVC sells a great cloth shower curtain that I don't even need a liner for, and it's hookless, you just press the built in rings so they open enough to snap over the rod.  And, you can wash them, of course.  They aren't totally water proof, but my bathroom and magazine rack next to the shower stay dry.

I have to admit, I'm confused about people being able to add things to your registry.  You don't have to sign in to be able to edit your registry?

I checked our registry about 100 times a day by virtue of the refresh button.  I was totally shameless!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Kargiver, I think it happens during the check-out process or at the customer service desk. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyclechic06. Show Cyclechic06's posts

not to stear the topic away from fascinating shower liners.  But is anyone else registered at Macy's and having as many issues with the store and the registry as I am?  It's so frustrating and I wish I had taken other's advice and not registered there.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I'm registered there as well.  What kind of issues are you experiencing?

The inability to register for most of their products online, you have to go in store to do most of it.  Then when you get in store, the sales people are terrible, I've gone in on multiple occassions and have had them swear up and down that I don't have a registry there.  Their screw-up on duplicates (but I know, this happens everywhere).   Trying to change your registry online is a PITA...I once mistakenly requested two of the same item, then couldn't change it back to one or even delete it.  Their customer service is absolutely useless...I could go on.

I also have registries at Crate & Barrel and BBB, and they're great.  Never had a problem with them!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Colby2000. Show Colby2000's posts

I'm registered at Macy's and haven't had any of the issues you mention.  I have changed quite a bit of items online and have been able to alter quantities, delete items, etc. 

I haven't been back to the store since I registered.  If you are having issues with the sales people, could you try going to another store?

I've been to different stores.  Not sure if you notice that if you go to the Macy's website and click registry, it brings you to a different site that has different items.  A lot of the things on Macys.com are not available on the Macy's Registry site, according to their customer service they are like two completely different stores.

Luckily you can find most things at BBB, so if I see something at Macy's that I can't register online for, I just put it on my BBB registry.  .

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I found that C&B also does the registered for 0, purchased 1.  I bought some items for a friends shower and needed one more small thing, the sales associate suggested some dish towels. So I grabbed them, not knowing that they'd be scanned on to her registry also.  I'm sure she checked her registry and said, hmm why would someone put something on to my list?  They should just let you buy items separate from the registry and not add it on to someone's list!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

i had no problems w/Macy's, however I found the Macy's in herald square, NY much better to deal with. 

about a year, year & a half ago, I went to the BBB in Somerville to shop for a registry gift.  they were up my behind the whole time I was there, until i had a q on the registry.  then I couldn't find an english speaking employee to save my life.  

one thing I notice about Target's registry...they are real bad about updating their registries (both baby & bridal) so if you're purchasing off that registry, purchase early.  the longer you  wait, the more of a chance of a duplicate or triplicate of what you're buying. 

I also like cloth shower curtains.  they are so easy to wash.  i currently have a washable plastic mildew free shower curtain liner that I love so much.  its been thru the wash several times w/no problems..

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I found that C&B also does the registered for 0, purchased 1.  I bought some items for a friends shower and needed one more small thing, the sales associate suggested some dish towels. So I grabbed them, not knowing that they'd be scanned on to her registry also.  I'm sure she checked her registry and said, hmm why would someone put something on to my list?  They should just let you buy items separate from the registry and not add it on to someone's list!
    Posted by ajuly09

Wow, I never knew that, and we were registered there!  We got a gift certificate from one person, but other than that we got everything we registered for.

I'm really posting, though, to let you know something else about C&B.  I was in the Natick store the other day and mentioned I'd gotten everything off our registry from them, and the saleslady asked if I were happy with everything.  I wasn't expecting that question, and the fact is I wasn't. So, after a brief consideration of letting it go, I said so.  I told her that an enameled collandar was rusting along the joints, the garlic roaster was too small to hold the smallest heads of garlic I could buy, and a fleximat cutting "board" snapped in half with normal use.  (None of those 3 items are carried anymore, by the way.)  She was genuinely upset about this and said I could bring them in and exchange them or get a credit.  I got a new totally stainless collander and got credit for the garlic roaster.  I didn't do anything about the fleximats 'cause I still have 2 that work OK, and I do like them OK...just hoping they don't all snap.  So, now I have everything I need AND a credit at C&B.

So, long story short, be honest if your expectations are/were not met.  So many women would have just sucked it up, I think, and said, "Yeah, everything's great, thanks."  But, if you bite the bullet and tell them if you are unhappy, they may be surprisingly willing to rectify it.  It was an overall pleasant experience; she didn't make me feel like a pain.  And, it benefits them, too - how many people will read this and say, "Hey, that's the place to register!!"

• Sections
    Shortcuts