OT- Any graphic designers out there?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

OT- Any graphic designers out there?

Hi Ladies,

I have a really OT question for you.  Are there any graphic designers on this board?  My cousin is starting a new business and wants to set up a web site.  It's going to be pretty simple.  He wants to hire an artist to set it up and design a logo for the business.  He plans on placing an ad w/ local art schools to keep costs down, but has no idea how much something like this will reasonably cost.  It's a new business, so he doesn't want to spend a ton, but he also knows that you get what you pay for.  Any idea on how many hours something like this would take or what the hourly or project rate is for graphic artists?  Thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: OT- Any graphic designers out there?

ALF, I have a friend who is an out of work graphic artist. I just copied your post and sent it to him.  Of course, will let you know his response.  He's online a lot so it shouldn't be long.  We've been friends since 1993; he's a talented and reliable guy.  Of course, he needs to pay the rent and is pursuing other things, but this is his first love so we'll see what he says.

Best to your cousin!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Hi Alf - I know  a fantastic graphic artist/designer. Reliable, creative, talented and quick turn around. Like Kars friend, he needs to pay his bills, but this is what he does for a living and he rocks!

Visit http://www.joelkamm.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momof3. Show momof3's posts

In Response to OT- Any graphic designers out there?:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, I have a really OT question for you.  Are there any graphic designers on this board?  My cousin is starting a new business and wants to set up a web site.  It's going to be pretty simple.  He wants to hire an artist to set it up and design a logo for the business.  He plans on placing an ad w/ local art schools to keep costs down, but has no idea how much something like this will reasonably cost.  It's a new business, so he doesn't want to spend a ton, but he also knows that you get what you pay for.  Any idea on how many hours something like this would take or what the hourly or project rate is for graphic artists?  Thanks!!
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momof3. Show momof3's posts

I know a great talented graphic designer who is seeking work and needs to pay his bills like the others. I informed him of your post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongirl831. Show bostongirl831's posts

I work for an ad agency - and our graphic designer rates are $150 an hour for mid level and $175 an hour for senior level.

On a side note, I will let you know - Designers will consider the developing the logo alone, a HUGE project, because it is in essence giving the company a brand/look. 

Hope this helps a little!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Bostongirl, that is why he wants a student b/c there is no way he is going to spend that much on this project. This is a sole proprietorship.  We are talking about $500 tops for the budget for this project, but we wanted to know if that would be insulting to post.  I could develop his logo for free [years of art classes] if it came right down to it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle74. Show danielle74's posts

My Fiancee is a graphic designer on the side, she's done window posters for restaurants, and many wedding invites, programs, including ours!  She is very cheap, like $40/hour, she just likes to do it more than anything so doesn't charge a lot.  Do you want her contact info?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Danielle, I would LOVE her contact info.  I had ballparked it at about $25-40 per hour b/c that is what temporary attorneys get for hourly rates. ;-)  He's really more interested in the web set up, but would like a simple logo as well. It's for a sole prorietorship but is not his FT job, which is why he doesn't want to throw a ton of money at  this.

He just wasn't sure what to expect to pay for setting up a simple website and the creation of a simple logo to be used on the website and letterhead.  He didn't want to post an ad and have it be an insulting low price, but he doens't want to break the bank either. I just requested a book from the library on HTML for dummies, so if it is too much money, maybe he'll be able to do the website himself and just pay someone for the logo.

Thanks in advance!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle74. Show danielle74's posts

In Response to Re: OT- Any graphic designers out there?:

I totally see where he's coming from!!  She really hates to even charge people for anything she does so I am sure she can help him out.  She's done logos before, all kinds of stuff really.  She used to do website updates at work for the Girl Scouts too, she may just be able to help him out considerably.  He can email her at kleonard3@gmail.com   I'll let her know about it.   She is really good and so nice, he's in good hands! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

ALF -  for the web stuff depending on what his needs are he may be able to get all the support he would need from godaddy or some similar service.  In addition to registering his domain name they will help with other aspects.  If he does not need to host a shopping cart etc, but it is mainly to show images of his work, rates, etc that may be the way to go.  And then source out the design work for the logos that he can upload to his site.

When he gets his logo, he should also ask for the RGB values used for the colors in the logo so he can use those same colors on business cards, invoices etc for a consistent look.  Granted the color may vary slightly because viewing on a web site is different than viewing something physically in front of you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

You guys are all awesome!  Thanks. I'll pass along this info and see what he thinks. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Getting people to website is probably equally important as the design....it's a real science if you want to get into it, but check out free how to's on how to select key words etc. to put on the home page.  Lots of artists out there and lots of them are out of work.  You can post with the design and art schools and that reaches alums too and they will show you a portfolio and quote the job.

Sections
Shortcuts