OT - More to Love

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

OT - More to Love

Has anyone seen this show?  I heard that it was like "The Bachelor," but with normal-sized women.  So, I decided to check it out.  First, most of these women are not really averaged size - the majority of them border on unhealthy.  Second, I feel like it's really offensive - on the Bachelor, do all the women sit around and talk about their weight all the time?  Third, watching it actually made me sad.  THe majority of these women are in their 20s, and they have never been on a single date.  That's sad enough.  To make it worse, they spent ten minutes with the guy, Luke, and they think it's true love.  They have no basis for comparison!  There are two women who literally cry every single time the camera is doing an interview.  It concerns me.  I should have known when I saw it was on Fox...

The only thing I noticed that makes it slightly better for me is that the guy, who is generally pretty adorable, sent home two women last week who were full-figured, not unhealthy.  I was wondering if the relatively thinnest woman would still win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Re: OT - More to Love

All of these shows, including the bachelor and bachelorette  are pathetic.  Love is not a competitive activity played on tv for their ratings.  The people who play, including the physically fit lookers on the first 2 shows, all have a twisted need for attention to play out these shallow imitations of real life on tv.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

also, just because the average size woman in america is a 14-16, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's healthy. sure you could be a size 14 because you are really tall and be an athlete but that's not always the case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: OT - More to Love:
    [QUOTE]     All of these shows, including the bachelor and bachelorette  are pathetic.  Love is not a competitive activity played on tv for their ratings.  The people who play, including the physically fit lookers on the first 2 shows, all have a twisted need for attention to play out these shallow imitations of real life on tv.
    Posted by whatawagSBNy[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.  I just feel like they went out of their way to choose contestents that were horribly sad and pathetic.  It upsets me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]also, just because the average size woman in america is a 14-16, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's healthy. sure you could be a size 14 because you are really tall and be an athlete but that's not always the case.
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

Well, I feel like the "average" is misleading.  The average is 14-16, because you have a bunch of 0s and a bunch of women who are, like, a 28.  I believe that the mean size is probably 6-10, which is healthier than either extreme.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

You can be a healthy 14 though. Everyones body is sooooo different. I have a friend who is a 14 and she is very healthy. She is just bigger naturally, but she goes to the gym everyday, and has run 4 marathons.

More than I can say for myself, and I am between an 8-10!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]You can be a healthy 14 though. Everyones body is sooooo different. I have a friend who is a 14 and she is very healthy. She is just bigger naturally, but she goes to the gym everyday, and has run 4 marathons. More than I can say for myself, and I am between an 8-10!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

I have a friend who is a size 14, and she ran a half-marathon when she was six months pregnant (at which point she was more like an 18).  She's a lot bigger than I am, but she's way healthier.  It really does depend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

I do like the idea beyond the show, but I agree it was not done as well as it could have been done.
    Average woman is a 12-16, right? But what about the women or men on previous dating shows? They are 'all' thin, gorgeous, designer clothes, are brilliant and have great jobs. (of course some of them are nuts too lol)
    Are we supposed to believe they really cant get a date???
    What about the normal people in the world, how the heck do we meet someone?

So, I like the idea of portraying "normal" people on the show BUT I agree the people all seem to have sob stories and a complete lack of dating. I have heavier friends, and they all date.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

They can't get a date because they're batsh!t crazy, excuse my french. They're fame-hungry, self-centered and insecure. The only thing they have going for them is their good looks, and that'll only get you so far when it coems to real love. People like that have no problem getting one night stands but no one's going to stick around for the long haul with a person like that.

[QUOTE] But what about the women or men on previous dating shows? They are 'all' thin, gorgeous, designer clothes, are brilliant and have great jobs. (of course some of them are nuts too lol) Are we supposed to believe they really cant get a date??? Posted by ilovebeagles[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I do know people who don't date.  One of them is, like, a size 6.  She's just not interested.

I think the problem with a lot of the women on MTL is their self-esteem, not their size.  No one wants to date someone who is going to spend all her (or his) time sitting around, crying that s/he's fat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Aren't all the men on the Bachelor millionaires?? Gee, I wonder why all these women are "dying" to "fall in love" with him...so lame.

P.S. Trista and Ryan make me sick.