OT- *pinkkittie*

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

OT- *pinkkittie*

Hey there- I think on a very old post you mentioned a book about cosmetic manufactuers, that discusses there are only 4 main manufacturers, etc.

Can you tell me the name of that if I am remembering all this right?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: OT- *pinkkittie*

Sorry, wasn't me. I think there's another poster on here who works or worked for a cosmetic counter, she might be the one. Dani I think?

I worked for Sephora, and LMVH (which owns Sephora) owns quite a few makeup brands, but I don't know who actually manufactures the products (as in the factory that produces them)
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were only 4! It's a small world out there. A cosmetic company can create it's formula and patent it, but they need to have a factory manufacture it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Oh well...thanks for getting back to me anyhow. I will keep on searching!!  :)

Hey- if you used to work at Sephora...any recs for foundation for photos?  I was going to go there on Sunday to get matched.  Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, MissWolff, long time no see!  Hope you are well. :)  Pink may not have been the person you were looking for, but she's the queen bee of all things beauty around here, now!  She offers excellent advice; I've followed quite a bit of it myself.  You're in good hands.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Hi Kar- I am hanging in there with 4 weeks until the wedding!

I didn't think I'd be remembered with only 89 *meager* posts :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

sorry I'm getting back to you a little late. For photos almost any foundation will work well. The things you need to be careful of is shimmer or glitter, if you use too much you end up looking chromed in pictures, not exactly very natural looking.
    For brides I'd usually recommend Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals foundation, Make Up Forever liquid foundation for face and body and Cargo liquid foundation.
    The first is good for all skin types, even the most oily. Make Up Forever is great buildable coverage that is also waterproof, no worrying about it rubbing off on the shoulder of your FI's tux or streaks from those happy ceremony tears. Cargo is great for normal to dry skin. All of these will last up to 12 hours. I'd suggest trying them and seeing which texture you liek the best. BE is powder, MUFE is liquid and Cargo is very creamy. They all feel really light when on your skin, but eveyone has a preference!

In Response to Re: OT- *pinkkittie*:
    [QUOTE]Oh well...thanks for getting back to me anyhow. I will keep on searching!!  :) Hey- if you used to work at Sephora...any recs for foundation for photos?  I was going to go there on Sunday to get matched.  Thanks!
    Posted by MissWolff[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: OT- *pinkkittie*:
    [QUOTE]Hi Kar- I am hanging in there with 4 weeks until the wedding! I didn't think I'd be remembered with only 89 *meager* posts :)
    Posted by MissWolff[/QUOTE]

Less than a month to go!!  Be sure to post your review...we'll be watching for it.  May you have smooth sailing here on in, it's the home stretch.

~kar

P.S.  BE is a powder, like pink said, but after it goes on it kind of turns into a creamy base; it doesn't stay dry and powdery, just natural looking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

If you are still looking for more info about who owns which cosmetic brands you may want to ask on makeupalley.com.  These ladies know everything there is to know about makeup and they have a product reviews section with thousands of reviews that I find really helpful.  Good Luck in your search.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

http://www.lvmh.com/

go to "the group" then to "the brands" and then click "perfumes & cosmetics" for a list of the brands owned by Lous Vuitton Moet Hennessy aka LVMH, which owns and operates Sephora.

And although the brands might all be owned by the same group, they are not created equal. For instance although Lancome and L'Oreal are owned and manufactured int he same places, the Lancome products are slightly higher quality than the L'Oreal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

Thanks so much for the recs!!!

I'm getting married in CT, so I don't know how helpful my vendor reviews will be....but I'll still do them!

You gals are so helpful.