OT - sexy undies that last?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT - sexy undies that last?

Greetings, friends,

My beloved VS cotton bikini underwear is worn out (tearing at seams, stretched too loose) after about 2 1/2 years.  Is this normal, or should I try to find something of higher quality that should last longer?  I don't want to replace my whole underwear drawer with the same thing even if I liked them if this is not an acceptable amount of time to get out of undies.

Thanks for your input!

~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

Re: OT - sexy undies that last?

I LOVE my hanky panky undies.  They are on the pricey side, but they last forever, look great and feel SO comfortable.  They are also one size fits all which seems strange, but I have many friends of various shapes and sizes and we all love them!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

My experience with VS is that it's cute, but just doesn't last very long. I don't have a perfect solution yet, so I'm curious what suggestions others have.

My latest find for comfy, though not very sexy, has been Target brand boyshorts, because they're inexpensive and seamless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies! 

Wow, those ARE sexy, boston!  I've worn thongs that weren't so comfy, but if you and others you know all love them they must be different.  I'll give those a whirl.

RFBF, thanks for validating my disappointing experience with VS.  I keep wanting them to live up to their price point, but, alas, I've abandoned hope, too.

I'll check back in soon.  I'm going to Natick today so will see if Nordstrom's has any hanky pankies.

P.S.  I notice the "Pick up in Store" option is greyed out - boston, did you buy these online, or do they carry them in the store? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from noitpec. Show noitpec's posts

In Response to OT - sexy undies that last?:

I swear by Natori.  I'm slowly replacing all my bras and undies with that brand.  I find them to be comfortable and well made (and pretty, too).  Our bodies, thankfully, come in many shapes and sizes, though, so what works for one may not be good for another.

Happy shopping.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I just sawNatori for the first time on Rue La La and wasn't familiar with it enough to buy stuff (it was discounted but still too expensive to guess about, you know?).  Darn!  Thanks for the heads up on it, though; I've noticed they do repeat the 3 day store sales on that site.

Fit for sure is different for everyone, I understand and won't hold that against anyone - I was really just looking for some experiences with undies that LAST longer than 2 years.  That should be fairly universal so I'll hold you to that.  LOL, just kidding. :)

OK, I'm heading East.  Thanks for your help!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I stopped buying VS undies when they changed the way they make them [c-rotch issues - really, why isn't the panel completely sewn down?].  The longest lasting, cutest and comfiest brand I've found is Natori. 

ETA: Dang! They were on Ruelala and I missed it!???? Argh!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I second hanky-pankys..I wish I had more of them. I have about 5 pairs and I am thinking about getting more.  I've had a few of them for years..I mean years. I should prob. get rid of them but nothing is wrong with them!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

My VS stuff has lasted forever.  I've never had a problem.  I just wash everying in cold, on the delicates cycle, and... I've had some of it for a very long time.

Granted, I have a lot, so most of it doesn't get worn very often, and I have a few pairs that never go in the dryer, but, overall, I'm very happy with them. 

ETA:  I avoided cotton until recently.  The old cotton they used wore out pretty fast.  But the new stuff is pretty good.  And I only buy on sale, which helps justify the price point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

My go to is Calvin Klein - cheap yet good quality and what I have got has lasted me years.  For more high end try Ennia, you can only buy it online in America though.... and it is not cheap!  Super comfortable and damn s*xy though!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm glad I didn't make it to Nordstrom's yesterday.  I'm going to try the hanky pankies, but will split my purchase between those and some others mentioned since. 

Thanks, again! 

ALF, you need to set an alarm for 11:00!  ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Maybe I'll invest in something new for the wedding!  I asked FI, and he said he likes what I have and not to bother, but there's nothing wrong with surprising him, I suppose.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't imagine he'd ask you to return those super sexy hanky panky thongs!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

my VS stuff lasts a long time, but I've had good luck with Calvin Klein as well.
    I agree with Lucy that I've found cotton to wear out quicker than synthetic blends, but it's so darn comfy! I wash my undies with my T-shirts, cold setting, gentle cycle, tumble dry on medium.
    I used to LOVE Joe Boxer, but you can't find them anywhere anymore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pink, here's a whole bunch of Joe Boxers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: OT - sexy undies that last?:
    [QUOTE]Pink, here's a whole bunch of Joe Boxers
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I know it's weird, but undies are the one thing I never buy online. I need to be able to pick them up and look at them and feel them. I'm not like that with any other clothing, it's just a weird thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We all have our things, LOL!  ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

They carry Joe Boxer at KMart of all places. Not sure about their selection of undies, but I happened to be in there in search of something else elusive (adult-size glow-in-the-dark football for a Christmas gift - figured I should start early) and saw Joe Boxer thermals for $5.

So I got those instead of the still-elusive football. Two more months...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

RFBF, when I first glanced at your post I thought it said something that meant you bought someone glow in the dark football underwear!  LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]They carry Joe Boxer at KMart of all places. Not sure about their selection of undies, but I happened to be in there in search of something else elusive (adult-size glow-in-the-dark football for a Christmas gift - figured I should start early) and saw Joe Boxer thermals for $5. So I got those instead of the still-elusive football. Two more months...
    Posted by RedFishBlueFish[/QUOTE]

good to know!!! I'll have to keep my eye out for Kmarts next time I find myself outside the city.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

Haha, no. Although a friend once was forced to buy glow-in-the-dark boxers after he got stuck in a rainstorm and that was the only pants-type clothing at the gift shop. He still hasn't fully lived it down.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hilarious!  Any port in a storm, though. Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

[QUOTE]I can't imagine he'd ask you to return those super sexy hanky panky thongs!!!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Ha!  True. 

Did you all stick to light undies on your wedding day?  Part of me would like to wear a bright color he likes, but is that a no-no for some reason I'm not considering?  I can't imagine anything would show through a (non-sheath) wedding gown, but maybe I should do a test at the next fitting... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

kar - sorry i didn't see this sooner!  I buy mine in the store, i like to pick out the colors and plus, I really don't splurge on these often.  I try to buy a pair for a "special occassion" every so often and at this point I have 5 pairs.  I think I wear them every week! 
    To be honest, I really don't like thongs - I usually wear full coverage granny undies (much to Dh's dislike) but there is something different about these, they just fit right. 
    i hope the same is true for you because they are pricey, but so worth it - IMO

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

after reading these posts more carefully, I think I should also mention that I wash my hanky pankies with the regular wash (no gentle cycle) but I do wash them in a delicates bag.  I NEVER put them in the dryer and instead let them air dry.  Maybe that's what helps to make them last longer? 

I bought a pair of the "I do" hanky pankies for my wedding - but they ran very big for some reason.  But i think i am due for a new pair...now to think of a good reason......

Sections
Shortcuts