OT-Wedding Channel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

OT-Wedding Channel

I can't seem to make a new name. They may have blocked my IP.

Good luck with Dopey!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: OT-Wedding Channel

That place is such a nut house. You're better off!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Maybe it was a glitch.  I hope so b/c you are sorely needed over there.  The influx of 20 year old brats is mindboggling. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Aww, ALF, I'm 23. :(

They are infuriating, though. I might jump ship. There's another thread under Girl Talk or something about girls being mad because their BMs are pregnant, brotheres got engaged a month before their weddings, sisters announced their engagements at family events during the year of their weddings. I hate people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

The sense of entitlement over there is mind blowing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Aww, ALF, I'm 23. :( They are infuriating, though. I might jump ship. There's another thread under Girl Talk or something about girls being mad because their BMs are pregnant, brotheres got engaged a month before their weddings, sisters announced their engagements at family events during the year of their weddings. I hate people.
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

You may be 23, but you aren't a brat. :-) 

Didn't you know that your wedding celebration lasted the entire year?  :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

The new boards are stupid ugly. Way too much going on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

It looks like The Knot. 

The fugliness is overwhelming. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I haven't seen the new ones yet. I'm still playing on the old ones. I figure they'll automatically switch out the boards once the news ones are up and running.  I hope they don't add those lameo siggies that the knot has.  You know, where one post takes up the whole page b/c someone felt the need to have a photomontage of her family as her siggie. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I haven't been over there since the BDC ones came back online.  I found all that to be true before - it's WORSE now?  How can that be?!  I got the idea they were all in their late teens, let alone 20s.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ariel81916. Show Ariel81916's posts

ALF, there's a button on the right-hand side (at least on my browser) that you can un-check to get rid of the signatures.

So I'm not seeing your ALF now. I almost want to turn the signatures back on just for him. :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

yeah, that place is scary. I'm 26 and I really, really cannot understand about 50% of other girls my age.
    And it's no use trying to convince them the world doesn't revovle around them, they've been taught that by their parents since they were babies

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I know. It keeps booting me off. I'm logged in, but it says I'm not. It's bizarre. I hope they fix it by next week.  Argh. 

I'll add him here.  I may change back to my kittie later, though. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, your ALF cracks me up!!

How do you find out if you have Private Messages over on the Wedding Channel, now? I can't find the link with things all rearranged.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Yeah, your ALF cracks me up!! How do you find out if you have Private Messages over on the Wedding Channel, now? I can't find the link with things all rearranged.
    Posted by kargiver

He cracks me up too. :-)

Don't get me started on the PMs!  I was chatting w/ someone in PMs and they disappeared! I've posted something about that. That is a major peeve of mine. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He cracks me up too. :-) Don't get me started on the PMs!  I was chatting w/ someone in PMs and they disappeared! I've posted something about that. That is a major peeve of mine. 
    Posted by ALF72

You mean it's not just me?  I felt dumb asking for help, but if they aren't there at all, I guess I don't have to feel too bad for not being able to find them!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

yeah, that place is scary. I'm 26 and I really, really cannot understand about 50% of other girls my age. And it's no use trying to convince them the world doesn't revovle around them, they've been taught that by their parents since they were babies
    Posted by pinkkittie18

Oh man, I got into a conversation with a TEACHER about kids not learning grammar, and she said, "Oh no, we teach them grammer, we teach a lot of grammer, they just don't listen!. Grammer."

If a teacher can't spell, I fear for the youth of the nation. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Oh man, I got into a conversation with a TEACHER about kids not learning grammar, and she said, "Oh no, we teach them grammer, we teach a lot of grammer, they just don't listen!. Grammer." If a teacher can't spell, I fear for the youth of the nation. 
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

LOL. I noticed that one too.  I elected [wisely, I think] not to point it out this time around.  I think I've pointed out her crappy grammar or lack of paragraph usage before and she went ballistic.  lol.  Must be b/c we are East coast elitists.

All I can say is, hooked on phonics worked for me!  Sealed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Alf, just love you new avatar. I used to watch him all the time - bring lots of memories back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

LOL. I noticed that one too.  I elected [wisely, I think] not to point it out this time around.  I think I've pointed out her crappy grammar or lack of paragraph usage before and she went ballistic.  lol.  Must be b/c we are East coast elitists. All I can say is, hooked on phonics worked for me! 
    Posted by ALF72

I needed to walk away from my laptop to avoid that one. 

O sweet irony, how thou dost sting (paraphrased...).  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

I have yet to come across a wall of text, too cool for paragraphs poster who was not totally freaking out about nothing. A wall of text is the type equivalent of a shrill, single-breath rant.

Grammar absolutely matters. I don't understand how anyone can argue otherwise. There are rules for a reason. What you say is always influenced by how you say it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

so those of you still checking out WC, i have a random (sort of) observation and i was wondering if any of you may have noticed teh same thing? Dopey, who was very whiny on the old board last week or so, posted under the state of Oregon. she has up an avatar of her family. I think i saw that pic before under a different name. it also says she has been a memeber since Feb. I can;t remember the old name and i obviously can't search the old boards for the pic now, but i thought it was strange that she was complaining about the treatment of others (such a cruel, cruel world!) when she had to change her identity to do so.

anyone else notice this or recognize that pic?

not that i really care, i just thought it a curious move.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

They broke those boards hard core. I think they may actually contain more fail than when BDC changed their boards last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

I cannot STAND the new format over there.  I haven't been back since they changed it.  Blech.

I've got no need for weddings boards anyway.  LOL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't navigate at all over there and have completely lost interest.  And, yes, I can usually derive meaning when anyone uses less than perfect grammar, but there are posts over there that I cannot understand let alone respond to meaningfully.

Sections
Shortcuts