OT - Why is everyone so mean

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

of course sometimes u have to go and cant help it, but you can kind of put yourself on a schedule so you always go in the morning or at night. its just so gross to smell someone elses d*mp!

not washing hands is extremely disgusting. i love the bathrooms that have the sign reminding people to wash them. do people REALLY need to be told? i love those too who grunt. ugh. i want to go in the bathroom, do what i need to do and not breathe in others fumes.

i also hate when someone at work calls you, leaves you a vm and doesnt give you time to get back to them, so they call you again and again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Absolutely. They have no shame, either. They just walk out. Then, I have to touch the same doorknob. With a paper towel in hand, of course.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Our bathrooms are stocked with hand soap and air freshener, I take it upon myself to use both and couldn't possibly fathom why others would not.
    Ick ick ick.

[Quote]

I rather hear them taking a d**mp than talking on their cell phone while they tinkle. That drives me nuts! Then, they walk out w/o washing their hands. Ewwww. Bathrooms were designed for taking d**mps. :-)[/Quote]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I don't think I've heard anyone in my office burp, but there is a guy upstairs who I hear likes to hock lugies into his trash can. HR doesn't know what to do about it

[Quote]

HA! That's awesome. maybe the commonwealth could make whatever ventilation they have standard for all public restrooms!

sure, we all gotta go and sometimes it happens when you are not in the comfort of your own home, but, the SAME people every day? ick. i cant stand the smell of other people's bms, lol

i also cant stand when people bring in smelly food for lunch, or those who slurp when they sip really loud, or talk on the phone alllll day long, or those who always burp! ick.[/Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

grunting is totally uncalled for. I just think that society has become too BM phobic. We all do it. We need to embrace that. You don't have to enjoy it, but you can't begrudge others their right to use the bathroom as it was intended.
    I look at the smell of air freshener as a way of saying "I know you don't want to smell my business, so i'm doing my best to counter it."
    It might not completely mask it, but at least it shows effort.
    The one thing I miss about Sephora was the ventilated bathrooms! A rhino could take a BM in there, and you wouldn't know it.

[Quote]of course sometimes u have to go and cant help it, but you can kind of put yourself on a schedule so you always go in the morning or at night. its just so gross to smell someone elses d*mp!

not washing hands is extremely disgusting. i love the bathrooms that have the sign reminding people to wash them. do people REALLY need to be told? i love those too who grunt. ugh. i want to go in the bathroom, do what i need to do and not breathe in others fumes.

i also hate when someone at work calls you, leaves you a vm and doesnt give you time to get back to them, so they call you again and again.[/Quote]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

[Quote]
    What's worse is when I hear women leaving the stall, and walking out of the restroom without washing their hands! Seriously ladies? Can't you just give me the satisfaction of thinking that you washed your hands - turn the water on, at least! [/Quote]

That is why I no longer partake of the "free" food people bring in after they have parties and want to get rid of the extra cookies and if we are provided lunch at a meeting I am first in line. It isn't because I am starving but I doubt the hygenic standards of everyone I don't know well, and the majority of my co workers fall into that don't know well category..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Not washing hands? Now that's just gross

[Quote]

What's worse is when I hear women leaving the stall, and walking out of the restroom without washing their hands! Seriously ladies? Can't you just give me the satisfaction of thinking that you washed your hands - turn the water on, at least!

[/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

[Quote]
    The one thing I miss about Sephora was the ventilated bathrooms! A rhino could take a BM in there, and you wouldn't know it.

[/Quote]

HA! That's awesome. maybe the commonwealth could make whatever ventilation they have standard for all public restrooms!

sure, we all gotta go and sometimes it happens when you are not in the comfort of your own home, but, the SAME people every day? ick. i cant stand the smell of other people's bms, lol

i also cant stand when people bring in smelly food for lunch, or those who slurp when they sip really loud, or talk on the phone alllll day long, or those who always burp! ick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

so true wendy!!! i also usually pass on that stuff too...

kar, that is gross! i have yet to encounter that one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Geez, Missy- you don't have BMs?
    I hate when people try to make workplace bathrooms non-BM areas. Sometimes you gotta go! I'm not proud of it, but I shouldn't have to feel ashamed either! It's a normal human bodily fuction. Even the Pope has BMs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

[Quote]Our bathrooms are stocked with hand soap and air freshener, I take it upon myself to use both and couldn't possibly fathom why others would not.
    Ick ick ick.

[/Quote]

yes, i would rather smell an overpowering air freshner than someones business. lol, but, it has to be really overpowering so that it doesnt mix and make it worse

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

There are so many people in my office who clip their fingernails while they are on the phone with clients. Totally disgusting, and I need to leave my desk and walk away every time I hear it. It's one of the grossests sounds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I work in an open area and with a lot of men. All I hear are noises coming out of them all day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

oh, the loud eaters! I would have had to leave!

I have to say we're pretty lucky here in regards to what people put in the microwave, nothing nasty so far.

I eat at my desk for the same reason, I don't like watching, or hearing, co-workers eat.

[Quote]

Well, no people should not be grunting or crying out in pain or elation while they take a d**mp, but I don't know that most people can 'time' when they take a BM. Sometimes you just gotta go.

I think for communal locations, you need to think twice about bringing in a stinky food - I want to vomit when people reheat fish. I mean, really? Did they think it would NOT cause an uproar when they stunk up an entire floor? And who the heck eats reheated fish anyway? It tastes horrible.

I will admit that noisy eaters annoy me. My DH and I still recall one time when we went out to lunch and there was this couple behind us who were eating sandwiches and salads. They seriously sounded like goats. Some people just aren't taught good manners. Slurping, chomping and saying 'mmm this is so good' every 5 bites is just irritating. This is why I tended to eat lunch in my office. At least I don't turn my own stomach.[/Quote]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It drove me nutty. How about clipping them every monday NIGHT at HOME?! And, yeah, I could definitely see cutting/filiing if you broke a nail and it's all jagged and catching on stuff.

About lugie freak, if it's making people uncomfortable enough to go to HR, HR should know what to do. That's a "hostile work environment," and his boss or someone from HR needs to have a corrective talk with him. It's a difficult situation but not an enigma as to what to do, at least it shouldn't be. My cousin is way up in HR, and she does uncomfortable things like that all the time. I don't envy her!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, ladies, my cube was right next to the office microwave. I can't even TELL you how nasty it was on almost a daily basis at some point between 11 and 1:00.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

We have a guy who is not afraid to let out any sort of bodily noise he feels necessary. My favorites are the groans... he groans, and quite loudly, all day, wherever. cubicle, fax machine, printer, mailboxes... wherever he is. Then he'll walk by my cubicle and bellow, "Hi Heather!" and all I can do is (depending on my mood) sort of smile weakly or pretend to make a phone call so he can't see I'm trying not to burst out laughing
    (and I happen to know there have been many inquiries about it (some politer than others) and he does not have a medical condition.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

oh not in the cube! go to the bathroom and clip them over the trash bin!
    I mean, filing your nails if they break is okay.

[Quote]how about nail clipping? I had a cube mate over the wall from me that clipped every Monday afternoon.[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]
    i also cant stand when people bring in smelly food for lunch, or those who slurp when they sip really loud, or talk on the phone alllll day long, or those who always burp! ick.[/Quote]

I am sooooooooooooooo glad that I have my own office. :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

well, they wouldn't be able to tell him not to cough, sneeze or burp, so they wonder if one could argue that spitting is in the same category. The only thing they can think to do is ask him to do it in the bathroom if he must, but he's from another country, and they're worried it's a cultural thing. I mean, he's at least doing it into his trash can, and he's obviously not trying to gross people out.

[Quote]It drove me nutty. How about clipping them every monday NIGHT at HOME?! And, yeah, I could definitely see cutting/filiing if you broke a nail and it's all jagged and catching on stuff.

About lugie freak, if it's making people uncomfortable enough to go to HR, HR should know what to do. That's a "hostile work environment," and his boss or someone from HR needs to have a corrective talk with him. It's a difficult situation but not an enigma as to what to do, at least it shouldn't be. My cousin is way up in HR, and she does uncomfortable things like that all the time. I don't envy her![/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I was waiting for the Red Line at Park Street the other day and a guy was clipping his nails over a trash can int he station. It struck me as so bizarre! Why would he suddenly decide to clip his nails right then and there? I wouldn't even file my nails on the T.

[Quote]There are so many people in my office who clip their fingernails while they are on the phone with clients. Totally disgusting, and I need to leave my desk and walk away every time I hear it. It's one of the grossests sounds.[/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Re: OT - Why is everyone so mean

I am perhaps in the minority but the smiley-faced tone of everyone being supportive all the time would drive me batty.  I always wanted to deck Mr Rogers, his perpetual sofness drove me insane as a child  where was the exhuberance, the passion, somehting that would get him more animated.  Come on have some edge and some spine and stand up for something even if it contradicts the other poster or defend the other poster til death, but do it with vehemence.  I also feel if truly everyone likes you, then you are probably pandering too much.  Disagreements and arguments even are so much more creative and entertaining especially if they get beyond childish name calling.. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I am perhaps in the minority but the smiley-faced tone of everyone being supportive all the time would drive me batty.  I always wanted to deck Mr Rogers, his perpetual sofness drove me insane as a child  where was the exhuberance, the passion, somehting that would get him more animated.  Come on have some edge and some spine and stand up for something even if it contradicts the other poster or defend the other poster til death, but do it with vehemence.  I also feel if truly everyone likes you, then you are probably pandering too much.  Disagreements and arguments even are so much more creative and entertaining especially if they get beyond childish name calling.. 
    Posted by somethingold

I couldn't agree with you more.  What's the point of a discussion board where everyone just agrees with everyone else?  Every once in awhile, I'll post something indefensible just to see how people react.  Then, I'll defend it.  Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

Don't worry Somethingold; I'm not leaving.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Help Hel...
    Phew glad to hear you've not gone over to the "light" side and I love your photo!

Sections
Shortcuts