OT - Why is everyone so mean

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: OT - Why is everyone so mean

One of my cube neighbors has been trying to get me to tell another neighbor that she clears her throat too often and loudly.  I told him if I have to listen to the guy next to me hum all day, he can deal with throat clearing! 
    Also told him to offer her a glass of water EVERY SINGLE time she clears her throat and then maybe she will realize how noticeable and often it is!!  If only I could concentrate with headphones on!  Seriously, get a freakin cough drop!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello frame,
    I am impressed, that you try to deal with this so close to your wedding.

Anyway, this throat clearing may just be a bad habit - difficult to break.
    My husband's brother snorts (no, not drugs). Every 1/2 hour he sounds like a pig oinking. I have been listening to this for years and it is driving me crazy. But there is not much, I can do about it.
    I did approach the subject once a long time ago. "Seems like you are having a nasal problem, have you ever seen a nose doctor? " - Well, that did not go over very well ---he did definitely NOT have a problem. Oh well, just a very bad habit of his.
    Your cube neighbor may not even be aware that she is driving everyone else crazy with her throat clearing.
    I like your approach to offer her a glass of water EVERY SINGLE time she clears her throat. Have the guy to Costco, BJ's or where ever - get a stack of plastic cups. Fill up several (maybe just half to be green) and line them up at his desk - then offer it to her, whenever she annoys him.
    But truly frame - I have had to deal with much worse in my office. - P

One of my cube neighbors has been trying to get me to tell another neighbor that she clears her throat too often and loudly.  I told him if I have to listen to the guy next to me hum all day, he can deal with throat clearing!  Also told him to offer her a glass of water EVERY SINGLE time she clears her throat and then maybe she will realize how noticeable and often it is!!  If only I could concentrate with headphones on!  Seriously, get a freakin cough drop!
    Posted by framerican51008

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

The humming guy would drive me nuts! I can't stand it when I'm on the T and someone starts singing to themsleves. Unless it's a great song and they're the next Whitney Hosuton, I don't want to hear it. Makes my skin crawl!

One of my cube neighbors has been trying to get me to tell another neighbor that she clears her throat too often and loudly.  I told him if I have to listen to the guy next to me hum all day, he can deal with throat clearing!  Also told him to offer her a glass of water EVERY SINGLE time she clears her throat and then maybe she will realize how noticeable and often it is!!  If only I could concentrate with headphones on!  Seriously, get a freakin cough drop!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

The humming guy would drive me nuts! I can't stand it when I'm on the T and someone starts singing to themsleves. Unless it's a great song and they're the next Whitney Hosuton, I don't want to hear it. Makes my skin crawl!
    Posted by pinkkittie18

It's more like he hums as he is typing... Like he is humming the words of his email or something.  It's so bizarre!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol, oh that's just too much!

It's more like he hums as he is typing... Like he is humming the words of his email or something.  It's so bizarre!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

I was in the restroom at Wendys the other day, and some lady comes in and goes in the stall next to me. I start hearing all these heavy sighs and grunting and groaning quite loudly. Like she wasnt even trying to hide it! And then she just started shhiiittting, and continued grunting. It was just too much to take. Cant you wait until the other person has left the restroom? I mean come on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

one of my coworkers is annoying in all possible ways. right now as I type this his cell phone is ringing, as it does a few times each day. its the most ear-piercing ring I've ever heard and he NEVER answers it. He just lets it ring and ring and ring.

And he talks to himself. And he makes wierd slurp noises. And he has a peppermill at his desk that he uses every day...which probably only annoys me b/c of everything else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

A peppermill, WTH???

one of my coworkers is annoying in all possible ways. right now as I type this his cell phone is ringing, as it does a few times each day. its the most ear-piercing ring I've ever heard and he NEVER answers it. He just lets it ring and ring and ring. And he talks to himself. And he makes wierd slurp noises. And he has a peppermill at his desk that he uses every day...which probably only annoys me b/c of everything else.
    Posted by amschnittger

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Whoa, you can't even post W T  F anymore! At least the new boards tell you the offending word, but jeez!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Whoa, you can't even post W T  F anymore! At least the new boards tell you the offending word, but jeez!
    Posted by pinkkittie18

Ha!  Good to know.  I guess I haven't tried to post an offensive word yet.

I think I can beat all of these.  At my last job there was a young woman whom I could not stand.  I ultimately quit because I couldn't stand interacting with this girl on a daily basis any longer.  No new job lined up or anything, just couldn't take it.  It all worked out though, got a job ioffer 2 days after my last day.

When I first started, and she was training me at her desk, she FLOSSED HER TEETH as I sat next to/behind her in her cube.  OK fine - at least she wasn't facing me.

The NEXT TIME it happened, she got up from her desk, walked around to someone else's cube and proceeded to floss her teeth as he was showing her something on his computer screen.  The cube walls were low so everyone could see you when you stood up.  Are you freakin' kidding me?!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol! What a freak!

Ha!  Good to know.  I guess I haven't tried to post an offensive word yet. I think I can beat all of these.  At my last job there was a young woman whom I could not stand.  I ultimately quit because I couldn't stand interacting with this girl on a daily basis any longer.  No new job lined up or anything, just couldn't take it.  It all worked out though, got a job ioffer 2 days after my last day. When I first started, and she was training me at her desk, she FLOSSED HER TEETH as I sat next to/behind her in her cube.  OK fine - at least she wasn't facing me. The NEXT TIME it happened, she got up from her desk, walked around to someone else's cube and proceeded to floss her teeth as he was showing her something on his computer screen.  The cube walls were low so everyone could see you when you stood up.  Are you freakin' kidding me?!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Ha!  Good to know.  I guess I haven't tried to post an offensive word yet. I think I can beat all of these.  At my last job there was a young woman whom I could not stand.  I ultimately quit because I couldn't stand interacting with this girl on a daily basis any longer.  No new job lined up or anything, just couldn't take it.  It all worked out though, got a job ioffer 2 days after my last day. When I first started, and she was training me at her desk, she FLOSSED HER TEETH as I sat next to/behind her in her cube.  OK fine - at least she wasn't facing me. The NEXT TIME it happened, she got up from her desk, walked around to someone else's cube and proceeded to floss her teeth as he was showing her something on his computer screen.  The cube walls were low so everyone could see you when you stood up.  Are you freakin' kidding me?!!

That is really disgusting. Did anyone say anything to her??? Shoulda asked her if she had any boogers she wanted to pick with her finger when she was done flossing...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

She was just one of those people that did not get it.

Our kitchenette/break area was right by the elevators that the executives on our floor used.  One time she decided to take a nap on the bench and was shocked when one of the executives asked her if she was ill and then told her if she wanted to take a nap there was a nap room on the 2nd floor.  She even told our VP all about it with indignation!!  Seriously, if someone catches you taking a nap at work, don't go around telling your bosses all about it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Oh look a hijacked thread - that's so not nice

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

I had to have a meeting in cube with someone today.  She walked in with a big emery board and was filing her nails!  WT F?  I admit I have a file in my desk because you sometimes get a snag, but I file in my cube over the trash when no one else in my cube.  I wouldn't think of walking around the building while filing my nails.

Sections
Shortcuts