Postpone wedding due to same venue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snowbuns00. Show snowbuns00's posts

Re: Postpone wedding due to same venue

Well, crisis avoided.  It turns out that place we had our hearts on wasn't willing to work with us on what we had envisioned.  I'm actually glad it worked out this way because I know it would be in the back of my head the whole wedding day.  That is the last thing I should be worried about on my wedding day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Postpone wedding due to same venue:
    Well, crisis avoided.  It turns out that place we had our hearts on wasn't willing to work with us on what we had envisioned.  I'm actually glad it worked out this way because I know it would be in the back of my head the whole wedding day.  That is the last thing I should be worried about on my wedding day!
    Posted by snowbuns00

That's good, but sad in a way.  It was where you had your heart set on, and IMO this never should have been a crisis of conscience for you in the first place.

But, whatever, it worked out.  I do hope, though, that you can put your rational needs and desires above irrational ones of others in the future.  People WILL make irrational demands and requests of you, and if you say yes to everyone or feel guilty when you can't or don't, it's your loss.  The loss can be big.  I have a friend who suffered from this and she ended up having a full blown nervous breakdown (they don't call it that anymore, but for lack of a better word there it is).  It's been 10 years since then and she's never been the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Take it from me, a recent graduate of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah circuit--I've where you frequently have events at the same venue one right after the other--I mean one week apart! 

In fact, I considered having my wedding reception at our Temple in the function hall and I wouldn't have cared if my best friend in the world had her wedding the week before or the week after in the same exact room.

I personally don't think you need to end any friendships over this.  Its no big deal, though I can imagine it must seem like one.  No one, and I mean no one (well, maybe your mother) cares about your wedding like you do.

ETA:  And I just read your update.  Glad it worked out for you?

Sections
Shortcuts