Reception Help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Erin-of-Boston. Show Erin-of-Boston's posts

Reception Help

Hi, new to these boards. I am looking to have a small wedding, 20-30 ppl most due to finances (looking to spend less than 5,000). We are looking for somewhere either south shore, cape, or rhode island, where we can have a ceremony and maybe some dinner after that is on the water or has a water view. Any suggestions would be very much welcomed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Reception Help

THe light keepers Residence in Cohassett right on the water is beautiful and very fitting for 30 people, you can bring your own caterer and liquor so it would be super cost effective!  My best friend was married there, and from what I remember the rental rate for the house was pretty cheap!  Her pictures came out beautiful!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

FI and I looked into the Lightkeeper's Residence for our wedding.  We didn't end up booking it because our guest list ending up being way more than we expected, and their capacity is 80 people.  They charge $1,000 for the rental now, which may be a little pricey for someone on a budget.

Plymouth has quite a few restaurants on the water that you could probably get for a reasonable price.  A lot of people get married in Brewster Gardens, which is really beautiful and also right by the water.  I don't believe that you have to pay to have a ceremony there either, but I could be wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]FI and I looked into the Lightkeeper's Residence for our wedding.  We didn't end up booking it because our guest list ending up being way more than we expected, and their capacity is 80 people.  They charge $1,000 for the rental now, which may be a little pricey for someone on a budget. Plymouth has quite a few restaurants on the water that you could probably get for a reasonable price.  A lot of people get married in Brewster Gardens, which is really beautiful and also right by the water.  I don't believe that you have to pay to have a ceremony there either, but I could be wrong.
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

oh wow that is pricey if you are on a 5,000 budget!  My friend had residency so i think it was only 400!    She did a 80 person wedding for 10,000 there!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]oh wow that is pricey if you are on a 5,000 budget!  My friend had residency so i think it was only 400!    She did a 80 person wedding for 10,000 there!  
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

80 people for $10,000 is fantastic!  I almost wish FI and I just went ahead and booked the place so we could have used the 80 person limit to keep our guest list where we wanted it.  LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Danielle44. Show Danielle44's posts

You should also look into some of the yacht clubs.  When I was in the initial phases of planning, I contacted them.  Ultimately, it wasn't what we wanted, but I think the prices were reasonable.  Try Squantum and Quincy.

But it may end up being cheaper to find a restaurant that isn't necessarily in the wedding business, but they have a function room.  I think it's cheaper to do when you don't have to pay for the linens and catering equipment.  A lot of restaurants have wedding prices, so you should find a smaller one doesn't usually do weddings.  The way I figured out who would be reasonable is by noting the ones that don't mention weddings on their website.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

I used to waitress on Marina Bay in Quincy...there is a gazibo on the pier that people have gotten married at.  You could do that and then do dinner at one of the restaurants there...Skyline and Siros are two of the nice restaurants.  Good Luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Erin-of-Boston. Show Erin-of-Boston's posts

Thank you everyone for these tips. I will check them out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Marina Bay is beautiful.  Not too familiar with it, though, so check it out online.

Since I don't know south of Boston very well, I mainly just wanted to post to congratulate you and welcome you to the boards!  And, to say that having a small wedding is really special.  You'll be able to spend quality time with everyone there, and that's worth a thousand large weddings.

See you around, Erin. :)

~kar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Try the Canoe Club in West Bridgewater. They have decent rates. Also, check into different reception sites that cater to smaller venues, such as T.J. Smith's in East Bridgewater. They just did the place over again and it looks amazing. They have great rates too. I went to my frineds wedding there last October and she was on a very tight budget. Good luck with everything!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kate533. Show kate533's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, new to these boards. I am looking to have a small wedding, 20-30 ppl most due to finances (looking to spend less than 5,000). We are looking for somewhere either south shore, cape, or rhode island, where we can have a ceremony and maybe some dinner after that is on the water or has a water view. Any suggestions would be very much welcomed!
    Posted by Erin-of-Boston[/QUOTE]

We are having our rehearsal dinner at the Squantum Yacht Club in Quincy. The views are BEAUTIFUL! Its only $425 to rent (at least for a Friday) and for 5 or 6 hours. Their liquor prices are really reasonable and they have a kitchen for your caterer. The couple that does the bookings is really nice and helpful too. I would highly recommend it!

Sections
Shortcuts