Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question...

how do you resist them? I'd be there every day!

In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question... : I'm on the other side of Christopher Columbus Park, near the cannolis.  :)
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question... : Seriously.  Is anyone else down by the waterfront?
    I will meet you there tonight Lucy, I am NOT kidding....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Dkb, I will pick you up wherever you are....I am desperate!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

If Kmt starts driving NOW, she could be here by 6! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]Dkb, I will pick you up wherever you are....I am desperate!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Wish I could...I am near Back Bay tonight and I have a date with my Aunt at 5:30 at Parish Cafe.  I've never been. 

Too bad, we just made plans this morning.  Would love to meet up!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Wel, maybe next week then....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]Wel, maybe next week then....
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Sweet...DH is out of town next week...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sigh... missing the good ol' days when I worked right by the old State House.  Now am out of state.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Perfect, we will plan something!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Fram, where do you live?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]how do you resist them? I'd be there every day! In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question... :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

There was a whole conversation about how, if I weighed 300lbs, I might find myself single... that has a lot to do with it.  :)  Plus, it's been really hot out, and I am near the cannolis, but it's still a 10 minute walk each way - not fun when it's hot, I'm in work clothes, and there are 2,000 tourists between me and my cannoli.

I really hate when my boss walks into my office at 4:30 and hands me a three hour assignment to be completed before I leave.  Frown

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Aww, 3 hour work assignment??? How dreadful!

Yes, the 300lbs thing does help with will-power. Though I did over-indulge my donut craving this weekend on Martha's Vineyard. The apple fritters and buttermilk donuts are to die for.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question... : There was a whole conversation about how, if I weighed 300lbs, I might find myself single... that has a lot to do with it.  :)  Plus, it's been really hot out, and I am near the cannolis, but it's still a 10 minute walk each way - not fun when it's hot, I'm in work clothes, and there are 2,000 tourists between me and my cannoli. I really hate when my boss walks into my office at 4:30 and hands me a three hour assignment to be completed before I leave. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question... : There was a whole conversation about how, if I weighed 300lbs, I might find myself single... that has a lot to do with it.  :)  Plus, it's been really hot out, and I am near the cannolis, but it's still a 10 minute walk each way - not fun when it's hot, I'm in work clothes, and there are 2,000 tourists between me and my cannoli. I really hate when my boss walks into my office at 4:30 and hands me a three hour assignment to be completed before I leave. 

Ohhh, did that just happen or are we meeting at the waterfront?

I don't like beer, but I'll hang out and have a diet coke. Laughing

PS: When I go out with people and don't get beer/wine/alcohol, they look at me like I have an arm sticking out of my forehead. I don't really get it. I'll drink alcohol on occasion when it doesn't taste like alcohol, but I'm not really into it. And not for any moral reason, I just don't like it, just as I don't like chicken pot pie. Ewwww.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

WPP you are so weird......

Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

We went to a huge family cookout in Maine this weekend and there was so much pie I didn't know which to eat first...blueberry, blueberry whipped cream, chocolate mousse.  Then the brownies, cupcakes, rice crispy treats!  Not to mention the real food and kegs of bud...over-indulgence is an understatement.

I had the blueberry whipped cream pie for breakfast on Sunday.  I don't regret it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Well, he gave me all this stuff to do, but then he left.  So, as long as I get most of it done, I probably don't have to stay until 7:30.

I could probably make a meeting on the waterfront between 5:30 and 6... but it might be too late now, as people are leaving work for the day.  :(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Ditto Whirled!!  People are always saying, What's wrong?  Or, Are you pregnant??  No, I just don't feel like drinking.  What's the big deal?  Although it doesn't happen as often as it used to since now I can almost always go for a glass of white wine... or three...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Don't feel bad WPP!  I'm the same, I hate beer and I don't really care for alcohol in general.  I tend to succumb to peer pressure and order some random glass of wine, but usually don't even like it.  Most of my friends are used to it but I always feel self conscious when going out with new people.

I really am happy with ginger ale! 

Oh, and I hope people don't start asking if I'm pregnant after we get married... ugh!

PS.  I hate chicken pot pie too.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rehearsal Dinner - Bar Question... : Ohhh, did that just happen or are we meeting at the waterfront? I don't like beer, but I'll hang out and have a diet coke. PS: When I go out with people and don't get beer/wine/alcohol, they look at me like I have an arm sticking out of my forehead. I don't really get it. I'll drink alcohol on occasion when it doesn't taste like alcohol, but I'm not really into it. And not for any moral reason, I just don't like it, just as I don't like chicken pot pie. Ewwww.
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Chicken pot pie is yucky!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]Chicken pot pie is yucky!
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Marie Calendar makes a delicious cheesy chicken pot pie.  It's nothing but cheese and chicken (hence the name).  Mmmmmm....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lucy, I've had that one - it's SO good!!  And, the crust is worth mentioning, too - buttery and delicious!  Mmmmm, that's good eats.

trex, you bet they'll ask if you're pregnant if you turn down alcohol.  People are so rude!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I couldn't live without chicken pot pie. DH and I have it all the time. By best friend's mom used to make it for me from scratch. Delicious!

I used to often not a get a drink when going out for dinner. Now I get hard cider or white wine. It just took me a while to figure out what I liked and what wouldn't gte me plastered after 2 glasses. Plus jack and coke doesn't go well with meals.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I loooooooooove chicken pot pie. I also am partial to gin and tonics with my meal. But I'm not going to judge someone if they don't want to drink. If I don't feel like drinking, I like ginger ales with a lime.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

adding my name to the people who don't drink when going out. Mainly for me because more than two drinks and I'm sick the next day, all day. so it's just not worth it to me. It's pretty rare i drink.  Sometimes all it takes is one drink depending on the alcohol. I also don't like beer. I really only drink khalua, bailys and smirdoft twisteds.

near me I have a place called Wholly Cannolli. They make all kinds of different fillings. but my love is the dynamite stick. Cannoli filling, covered in caramel, chocolate and bits of crushed up shell. I need to go there this weekend...lol 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

I'm not a big fan of open bar @ any kind of function, but with all the weddings i've been in, the bar has always been OPEN @ the RD...

I think this presents a sticky, at best, situation.  There could be a  bajillion reasons why they don't want to pay for the liquor @ the rd.  Approach this as diplomatically as possible, and offer to pay if you can afford it....

best wishes and keep us posted!