Rehearsal dinner invites

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Rehearsal dinner invites

Hi guys,

What did you all do for your rehearsal dinner invites?  I was going to buy some and mail to everyone invited, and then one of my bridesmaids mentioned doing an evite?  I thought that seemed easier but not as nice or something..  I wonder what people think of that?  I'll probably end up sending actual invitations, rather than an evite, but thoughts?? 

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Re: Rehearsal dinner invites

Hi Jan2010,

Are you hosting the rehearsal dinner yourselves?  Often the groom's parents host, which was true inmy case.  So my MIL dealt with all of the details for ours, asking us to weigh in on certain things before she decided.  I believe she mailed out simple invitations.  Since it is typically not a "formal" event, I don't see anything wrong with evites.  However, you may want to take into consideration your invitees... make SURE they are all emailing folks before choosing the evite route.  I know, for example, that wouldn't have worked well for my mom and some other people invited to our reh. dinner.

In Response to Rehearsal dinner invites:
    [QUOTE]Hi guys, What did you all do for your rehearsal dinner invites?  I was going to buy some and mail to everyone invited, and then one of my bridesmaids mentioned doing an evite?  I thought that seemed easier but not as nice or something..  I wonder what people think of that?  I'll probably end up sending actual invitations, rather than an evite, but thoughts??  Thanks!
    Posted by Jan2010bride[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

We just called everyone. there weren't that many people for us-just the parents, my two readers (cousins of mine who brought the other two people in the family), my MOH & her husband, two groomsmen and my two friends who video taped the ceremony. Or would calling everyone not work? As long as they all check their emails regularly, an evite would probably work though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

we are hosting it ourselves.  About 40 people consisting of the bridal party and their dates, our parents, readers, grandmother.  I would have to tell my grandmother and his parents but other than that, all use email. hmm..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

40 people? yea, i guess calling everyone won't work in that case :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

In Response to Re: Rehearsal dinner invites:
    [QUOTE]we are hosting it ourselves.  About 40 people consisting of the bridal party and their dates, our parents, readers, grandmother.  I would have to tell my grandmother and his parents but other than that, all use email. hmm..
    Posted by Jan2010bride[/QUOTE]

In that case, I don't see why an evite wouldn't be appropriate.  I personally love evites because you can include a lot of information easily, such as the link to the location, etc.  And it keeps track of your RSVPs!  (sheepishly) Also, if I'm an attendee, I tend to lose paper invites... but I would always have access to the evite!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

that's true Heather... maybe it will work then.  I could just call the few people that we need to after that. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Wow 40 people. You could probably evite the people who you think would respond well to it and mail out invitiations to the other.

Ie, if I evited my grandpa he would be perplexed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I agree that evites are fine.  For my RD, I emailed the info to the wedding party and family members were told by the mothers.  For my bro's RD, my mother mailed invitations because she had a feeling the bride's side of the family wouldn't let her know if she didn't send something in writing.

I think I have only received one written invitation for an RD, but then I've only attended like 3 or 4.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Thanks guys!!  I wasn't sure.. I attended 6 rehearsal dinners and I was trying to remember how I was invited.. I know 3 of them I received actual invites.  The others I think I was just told.  Certainly would be easier to do an evite!  GREAT!  now I'm excited.  :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

My parents hosted a semi formal RD and initially I told her to send out e-vites (we had about 30 people).  The only reason she didn't was because we happened to be in a cute little card store that was going out of business and they had 3 packs left of "rehearsal dinner" invites that were just too cute and perfect to pass up for 50% off!
    Unless you stumble upon this, I say go for the e-vite ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We sent Fall-themed postcard style invitations from www.invitationconsultants.com.  It was originally a Thanksgiving dinner invitation, but, of course, I reworded the whole thing.  It wasn't that expensive 'cause we didn't have that many couples to invite.

Oh, here's the one we used:

Fall Themed Rehearsal Dinner invites

P.S.  I don't think that evites are inherently in poor taste.  However, consider your audience.  Are both sets of parents internet savvy, or would THEY find it to be in poor taste?  I'd steer clear myself.  It's not that much money in the grand scheme of things.