Ribbon bouquet etiquette?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Ribbon bouquet etiquette?

I know this is probably a silly question, but what is one supposed to do with a ribbon bouquet from the bridal shower after the wedding?  Is there etiquette for that? 
    I know they are meant to be carried during the rehearsal, but is it ok to get rid of it afterwards?  Just curious.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Ribbon bouquet etiquette?

After the wedding?

Never heard of anything - I tossed mine in the trash!

By the way, my MOH didn't know what she was supposed to do with the ribbons from the shower at all so she made a hat.  A HAT!!  I laughed so hard I almost peed.  At least she told me beforehand.  She took it apart and made the bouquet. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I thought it was a hat at the shower, and then a bouquet at the rehearsal...there are definitely pictures of me wearing it as a hat, lol!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Really?!  My MOH was the only one I'd ever heard of that thought you should make a hat out of the ribbons.  I made fun of her, and it's a real tradition I didn't know about?  OOPS!  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

For me, I didn't even know what they were talking about when my bm's told me they "made" my bouquet for my rehearsal.  I was all, "Um, that's nice". I had NO idea they were going to do that.  Ha, ha.  In any case, I hope my mom still has it.  Might've already gone in the trash.  Whoops.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I had my bouqoute and forgot it in the trunk of my car during the rehearsal! The funny thing is I didn't realize I had forgotten it until after the honeymoon when I found it in the trunk of my car thank goodness it wasn't real flowers.  I was kind of bummed since I wanted to use it but nothing bad happened and no one else noticed either so I recycled it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

LOL  Wendy!  How did you recycle the ribbons?

Kar - I have seen the bonnet at showers before.  I hadn't realized that it was later converted into a bouquet... creative :) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

In Response to Re: Ribbon bouquet etiquette?:
    LOL  Wendy!  How did you recycle the ribbons? Kar - I have seen the bonnet at showers before.  I hadn't realized that it was later converted into a bouquet... creative :) 
    Posted by tibird

I recycled the paper plate it was on and I had a lot of raffia ribbons which are just plain paper so all of that went into the regular paper recycling bin.  For the shiny stuff that got trashed and for the cloth and tulle ribbons if they were a good size and I could un knot them (and most of them I could) I put them in my wrapping paper box and have used most of them up on other gifts! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I got rid of mine recently when we moved. I also took special care when removing the ribbons from the gifts at my shower because i've been told the number of ribbons you break equals the number of kids you are going to have. Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I have heard that many times Northern! 
    I forgot all about it at my shower, but managed to only break one ribbon anyway.  I am a careful un-wrapper, even when rushing through at the shower!  When I broke that one, the table where the gift giver was sitting erupted in cheers, which reminded me of the myth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

See, no one told me anything about the ribbons and the ribbon bouquet!  I feel like I missed out, and now I'm hoping it's okay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Good thinking Wendy!  I'll have to dismantle mine, waste not, want not!

Yes, people brought up the ribbon breaking thing at our shower, too.  DH had fun breaking one every so often & everyone got so excited!  Gotta give the people what they want!  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Don't worry, Goodness, it's not a big deal at all!  It would only be too bad if you WANTED it and no one had done it for you.  But it's certainly not a "must"!

I think mine is buried under stuff in my DH's backseat...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Don't worry Goodness!  You'd just hold it during your rehearsal... and then hold onto it for a few weeks... before finally tossing it in the trash :o)  My BM who made mine came over this weekend and saw it on top of some other wedding stuff, so I guess it is now safe to toss it :o)
    I wasn't sure if she was planning to make it so I never brought it up, but she showed up with it at the rehearsal and said, Are you kidding me - I made it that night after your shower!  She was all excited.  So sweet!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Okay, thanks girls.  That sounds like a plan.  I'm pretty sure my mom still has it the house, but I got nervous.  I'll have to ask her later. 

I'm SO superstitious, so right when I heard about the ribbons being cut, etc, I started freaking out!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Re: Ribbon bouquet etiquette?:
    Okay, thanks girls.  That sounds like a plan.  I'm pretty sure my mom still has it the house, but I got nervous.  I'll have to ask her later.  I'm SO superstitious, so right when I heard about the ribbons being cut, etc, I started freaking out!
    Posted by Goodness1

lol, I didn't know about that and when I ripped through the first ribbon everyone starting yelling. Someone mentioned the broken ribbon for each kid rule and FI yelled out, "Be more careful!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I thought my MOH was putting all the ribbons in with one of my gifts, but when I got home I couldn't find them.  So they either got tossed, or somebody's making me a ribbon bouquet.

FI opened gifts with me, and we broke quite a few ribbons.  MIL cheered each time, my parents just groaned.  :)

Funny shower story: my junior bridesmaid had the job of passing all the gifts to FI and I.  Of course, she passes me a Victoria's Secret bag, and I'm wondering who the funny lady is who decided to embarrass me in front of my whole family.  I open the card, and it says "Love, Dad."  Awkward, right?  Well inside the bag was a pair of adult-sized, long-sleeved feetie pajamas.  LOL!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Kmt, that is hilarious!!!!!

At my friends bridal shower, which was the day before yours, her FMIL, who thinks she is sooooooooooooooooooooo funny, put in her gift a PREGNANCY TEST, that she wrote on it with permanant marker "get crackin'" My friend was like "seriously???"

I DIED laughing........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

KMT, At my friend's shower the same type of thing happen, only the VS box contained a full length flannel nightgown.  It was hilarious because her face was SO red before she opened it!

Sept, I almost got my friend What to Expect When You're Expecting as part of her shower gift BUT she and I had talked at length about how we both want to have a baby very soon :o)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Kmt, that is hilarious!!!!! At my friends bridal shower, which was the day before yours, her FMIL, who thinks she is sooooooooooooooooooooo funny, put in her gift a PREGNANCY TEST, that she wrote on it with permanant marker "get crackin'" My friend was like "seriously???" I DIED laughing........
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

A pregnancy test??????  OMG!  I'm so surprised my MIL didn't think of something like this.  She can't wait for her perfect little boy to produce his perfect little offspring!  ;)

But she's already got two granddaughters via my FSIL (10 and 2 and 1/2), so hopefully that will hold her over for awhile!

Sections
Shortcuts