Something to brighten up a rainy wednesday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

Something to brighten up a rainy wednesday

DEAR ABBY: My mother was recently invited to a shower and was given specific instructions not to put her name on the gift. The reason? The honoree plans to issue one general thank-you to everyone because she "doesn't have the time" to send individual thank-you notes.

Abby, if someone takes the time and spends the money to buy a gift, shouldn't the recipient be gracious enough to write a personal note? -- THOUGHT I'D HEARD IT ALL IN OHIO

DEAR THOUGHT: Of course she should! If the honoree is so busy that she plans to forgo thanking her guests for their generosity, she should save everyone's time, money and effort and forgo the shower.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Re: Something to brighten up a rainy wednesday

that's just...wow. thanks for sharing :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

wow.  I think I'd be too busy to attend the shower and not send a gift.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, goodness, that didn't brighten my day at all.  Disgusting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

All the shower guests should go in on a joint gift: an etiquette book. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, SNAP!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

In Response to Re: Something to brighten up a rainy wednesday:
    All the shower guests should go in on a joint gift: an etiquette book. :-)
    Posted by ALF72

Ha Ha Ha.......love it!  Also have to agree that I'd be too busy to attend the shower. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Wow, I guess crazy people find love and get married too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

I wonder what kind of shower it was for- bridal or baby?

I recently gave a gift at a baby shower (one from the registry and one homemade) and the mother to be mass emailed the shower attendees with a thank you and a picture of her in front of the gift table at the shower. No handwritten note ever arrived, which I found odd... I really appreciate a handwritten thank you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I wonder if the "instructions" came from the honoree or from the ill-advised hostess.  The guilty party should be b i t c h slapped with Emily Post's latest tome!

(But, JEnvie, your photo of your "hot" dog in the bun always cracks me up, no matter what the day or the weather!)

Sections
Shortcuts