STD vs Invitations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

STD vs Invitations

We are getting ready to send our save the dates out within the week. Our wedding is a little over 4 months away (yes short engagement). We are blocking off some rooms at a hotel where we are getting a discount. Should I put this information along with the save the date or the wedding invitation.  Just need to know what info goes with STD's and info goes with the wedding invites.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Re: STD vs Invitations

I wouldn't. Save the hotel information for your invites. Congrats on your engagement!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

With a wedding 4 months away, I'm a bit baffled as to why you are bothering w/ save the dates.  Invitations themselves will be going out in about 2 months.

If you are doing it b/c you found cute STDs and want to send them, great, but there is no need to send them out.  Hold off on sending the hotel and other info till the invites go out. HTH!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Yeah, I've always believed save the dates were sent out 1 year to 6 months before the wedding.  Shorter than that they seem unnecessary.  But of course, if you want to send them, do it!  Just know you don't have too and could save the money on them.  Don't forget the cost of postage, it adds up really fast.

OH and to answer your actual question, yeah, hotel info doesn't usually go on save the dates.  if you have a wedding website, you can list it on there and put the website on the STDs.  Otherwise just include it with the invitations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Our situation is a bit diffferent. We have been trying to get married for the past year and have had a huge obstacle in the way. Now that the obstacle is out of the way we are finally able to get married (thank god) and we found a perfect STD which is very fitting for our situation which all our family & friends have been aware of. We couldn't pass it up. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If it makes you happy, send them and include whatever you want.  It doesn't matter because formal invitations are being send 2 months from now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikadoWeddings. Show MikadoWeddings's posts

Save-the-Dates are always cute to have, especially if they have a significant meaning to you guys!

STDs should include:
    - Wedding Date
    - City, State
    - Wedding Website
    - "Formal Invitation to Follow"

Invitations should include all the other important details such as date/time, location, hotel information, maps, and menu selections.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just wanted to stress that putting "Formal invitation to follow" on the STD is VERY important.  People are confused otherwise and wonder where the RSVP card is (especially since the wedding is not long from now), and they'll start calling and asking about it if you don't inform them that a real invitation is coming, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The STD is appropriate in this case, since you want to let your OOT guests know about the room block.

Hotels typically release the room block at least a month prior to the date, so waiting until you send the invitation is usually too late.

Personally, I would also take the time to email or call any guests coming from far away that you KNOW are going to need a hotel and might not quite get the purpose of the STD.  (People who rarely attend weddings, for example.) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from koala. Show koala's posts

If you will have a lot of guests coming in from out of town, I don't think 4 months in advance is too early to give hotel information.  If you already have the rooms blocked off, why not let people know now?  That being said, you're getting close to when you'll be sending out the official invitations anyway, so don't wait a few weeks to get the hotels set to send out your save-the-dates.  Send those ASAP with or without the hotel info.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

In Response to Re: STD vs Invitations:
    Our situation is a bit diffferent. We have been trying to get married for the past year and have had a huge obstacle in the way. Now that the obstacle is out of the way we are finally able to get married (thank god) and we found a perfect STD which is very fitting for our situation which all our family & friends have been aware of. We couldn't pass it up. 
    Posted by luvbug721

Awww, that sounds cute!  Congrats to you!  I wish you guys the best!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvbug721. Show luvbug721's posts

Thanks everyone!! I'm sure I will have a million more questions in the next couple months so I will need all the help I can get...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Our hotel would not have released the rooms right up to the wedding itself nor did they charge any fee for rooms that went unused to the last minute.  Embassy Suites was AWESOME to work with, gave a great rate, and had nice rooms (we used the Marlborough one).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from simon08. Show simon08's posts

We got married in October 2010 and I sent the save-the-date just shy of 1 year in advance and included the hotel information.  The venue was in Salem and of course October in Salem sells out very quickly - we did have a block with a discounted rate that did get released a month prior to the actual date as well. 

Keep in mind high season at hotels as it will be summer months when you get married and they could sell out.

And yes, do stress formal invitation to follow - I inadvertently did not and got a few people responding to my save-the-date....

Sections
Shortcuts