Thank you note

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRezCMPS. Show DRezCMPS's posts

Thank you note

I was in a wedding over the summer and sent a $$ gift 60 days after attending. The groom 1st questioned why I had not given a gift yet and then questioned the $$ amount I gave! It's been 4 months since I sent the gift and I have yet to receive a thank you card. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Re: Thank you note

I wouldn't hold out for a thank you note; this couple sounds pretty uncouth. And gross. How close are you to them? I'd probably start phasing them out....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I agree with WPP, that behavior sounds very rude and it seems they're not apt to show any gratitude whatsoever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What is your question?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you note:
    [QUOTE]What is your question?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I think this might just be a vent. Which is totally understandable given the situation

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe, and that's fine, but she posted, "Thoughts?" so I assume there's a question about the situation she wants answered, but I have no idea what it is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I actually don't think there was a question at all and it is just some rando who is fishing for some controversy.

But that's just me being cynical.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, that's why I gave a curt, "What's your question?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

how could a post such as this one stir up controversy? is there really anything else to say but "they were rude, don't expect a TYN"?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If it makes you feel better, take them off your Christmas card list. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

the groom questions why you didn't give a gift when he got married then has the nerve to question the amount???  that shows a lack of class...then to not send a tyn???
    i agree with whirled peas please...time to phase them out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemoncoke. Show lemoncoke's posts

Did you send cash? or do you have a cancelled check?  I'll wager wyou'll never send $$ again!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRezCMPS. Show DRezCMPS's posts

This is (or I thought was) a close friend from high school and this is certainly a bit of venting (feels good!!)...beyond the vent, do I sarcastically mention "Oh, by the way my address is...." or just let it go? My wife and I really got what we were looking for from this post: "confirmation of rudeness and lack of gratitude." Yes, I did send a check which was cashed, despite the less than desired amount!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

no, take the high road, don't say anything. it would only reinforce their bad behavior.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRezCMPS. Show DRezCMPS's posts

thx pinkkittie

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with Pink - sarcasm will only make you feel good for a second and then you'll regret stooping to that level for a long time.  Relationships change; sounds like this one has.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRezCMPS. Show DRezCMPS's posts

thx kargiver...it's unfortunate as he was an old HS friend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It is too bad, and my heart always hurts for friendships that become obviously not what they once were.  But, over the years I've come to be able to appreciate friendships for what they were for the time they were and mourn their "passing" quicker.  That moment you discover it's not what it was, though, is always disappointing.  There are very few relationships that withstand lifetimes of constant change so be extra thankful for those! :)