Tipping

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizzibug. Show lizzibug's posts

Tipping

I am not sure what the proper ettiquette is on this.
    We have a wedding coordinator that comes with the venue. We know we are suppose to tip the DJ and all that but are you suppose to tip the coordinator? If so how much is recommended?
    We asked her out right and she sort of skirted around the subject. A few other people we asked they said their cooridinator did not need to be tipped.
    Whats the proper thing to do here, any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Tipping

I didn't tip my coordinator.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Coordinators do not need to be tipped. She is just doing her job. Now, if she goes above and beyone for you, then you can tip her whatever you feel is appropriate, but in general, you do not need to tip. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I wrote a letter to my coordinator thanking her profusely, but we didn't tip her individually.  We tipped the staff, and I'm hoping she was included in that...it's been almost a year, and I can't specifically remember if we named her, but I can't imagine we didn't.  And, I can't recall what we tipped or for how many people.  Sorry!

Generally, though, I'd only consider tipping the coordinator if you feel they do an extradinary job.  Ours did; I didn't have to worry about a thing, she threw in extras that I know are technically against the venue's rules, and she was a joy to work with.  If I had to do it again, I'd tip her $100.  I have no idea what we actually did, though, or if she would have accepted it.

It was Sandy Brown, by the way, of the Wayside Inn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ALF, great minds think alike!  We must have been posting at the same time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizzibug. Show lizzibug's posts

Thanks everyonr for the info

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

In Response to Re: Tipping:
    [QUOTE]It was Sandy Brown, by the way, of the Wayside Inn.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I don't have anything to add but I'm also interested in what everyone has to say on the matter because we are in the same situation.

Kind of OT - when we went to look at the Wayside Inn, we met with Sandy Brown and it was her last week working in that position. They had hired someone new that wasn't working yet. Just an FYI for anyone thinking of having it there. We would be nervous working with someone brand new so it didn't even make it to our list of places to seriously consider.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

We tipped our Function Manager $100 at the end of the night because he was so wonderful. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tipping : I don't have anything to add but I'm also interested in what everyone has to say on the matter because we are in the same situation. Kind of OT - when we went to look at the Wayside Inn, we met with Sandy Brown and it was her last week working in that position. They had hired someone new that wasn't working yet. Just an FYI for anyone thinking of having it there. We would be nervous working with someone brand new so it didn't even make it to our list of places to seriously consider.
    Posted by cicirose[/QUOTE]

No WAY!!  I'm glad we got her.  I know she had others on her staff that were very good; I wonder if by "hired" they meant promoted.  I'd have worked with others there, and, in fairness, I'd trust the Wayside to only hire the best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oh, of course! Should have mentioned I did write her a TYN.

[QUOTE]I wrote a letter to my coordinator thanking her profusely, but we didn't tip her individually.  We tipped the staff, and I'm hoping she was included in that...it's been almost a year, and I can't specifically remember if we named her, but I can't imagine we didn't.  And, I can't recall what we tipped or for how many people.  Sorry! Generally, though, I'd only consider tipping the coordinator if you feel they do an extradinary job.  Ours did; I didn't have to worry about a thing, she threw in extras that I know are technically against the venue's rules, and she was a joy to work with.  If I had to do it again, I'd tip her $100.  I have no idea what we actually did, though, or if she would have accepted it. It was Sandy Brown, by the way, of the Wayside Inn.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tipping : No WAY!!  I'm glad we got her.  I know she had others on her staff that were very good; I wonder if by "hired" they meant promoted.  I'd have worked with others there, and, in fairness, I'd trust the Wayside to only hire the best.

No, definitely hired someone new. She did not have an email address or anything yet. Wasn't starting for a few weeks after our appointment. Sandy did say that she had many years of experience so I'm sure the new person is wonderful. But lucky that you got to work with Sandy and loved her!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If Sandy interviewed her I'd have confidence, but yeah, I totally lucked out to actually have her.   What a sweet person and total pro.  Ah, fond memories. :)