Totally OT from an old member ;-)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from veggirl. Show veggirl's posts

Totally OT from an old member ;-)

Hey there wedding board ladies :-)   Its been a LONG time since I used to hang out here daily (I LAUGH at my “number of Posts” – there must have been thousands before they reset the board in 2005!)  But I thought I would come back here because many of you live in the Boston area and might be affected by this, or might be willing to sign to stand in solidarity with Boston parents!!

Boston Public Schools is about to roll out massive changes to the school selection process. Although the final decision has not been made, BPS has been consistent in saying it will NOT preserve sibling preference, as it historically has, after the 2014-2015 school year. This will break apart thousands of families, and children like my own two year old will not be able to follow their siblings to their school communities. This poses great difficulties to many families, especially single and working parents.   Would you be willing to sign to tell BPS that siblings must be grandfathered-in to any accepted proposal?   You cannot strengthen neighborhoods by breaking apart families!   Families belong together!   Please sign if you can, and share.   Thanks!

http://signon.org/sign/tell-boston-public-schools

Hope to see some familiar names in response.   Hope everyone is well!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from veggirl. Show veggirl's posts

Re: Totally OT from an old member ;-)

In response to veggirl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey there wedding board ladies :-)   Its been a LONG time since I used to hang out here daily (I LAUGH at my “number of Posts” – there must have been thousands before they reset the board in 2005!)  But I thought I would come back here because many of you live in the Boston area and might be affected by this, or might be willing to sign to stand in solidarity with Boston parents!!

Boston Public Schools is about to roll out massive changes to the school selection process. Although the final decision has not been made, BPS has been consistent in saying it will NOT preserve sibling preference, as it historically has, after the 2014-2015 school year. This will break apart thousands of families, and children like my own two year old will not be able to follow their siblings to their school communities. This poses great difficulties to many families, especially single and working parents.   Would you be willing to sign to tell BPS that siblings must be grandfathered-in to any accepted proposal?   You cannot strengthen neighborhoods by breaking apart families!   Families belong together!   Please sign if you can, and share.   Thanks!

http://signon.org/sign/tell-boston-public-schools

Hope to see some familiar names in response.   Hope everyone is well!!

[/QUOTE]

Nobody kicking around still? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Totally OT from an old member ;-)

Hey veggirl! I check in about once a month, but can't remember the last time anyone posted anything here. I think a lot of people migrated to "Parents" or to other sites that are more active. Thanks for the notice! Can't believe how long it's been.