Venezia vs. Danversport YC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lawgal1014. Show lawgal1014's posts

Venezia vs. Danversport YC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

Re: Venezia vs. Danversport YC

well, they are two totally different places and more than an hour apart. i guess you may want to take into consideration where most of guests are traveling from (unless of course it's split). I've been to both and loved both.

I guess I would vote Venezia because it's newer and the food is great. My brother got married at DPYC and it was a great time too. The WC there was a bit flakey at his event and i ended up coordinating the WP in the back room, then she forgot to tell the DJ when everyone was lined up...it may have just been an off night for her but the venue was very pretty. oh, there was also more than 1 wedding there that night, so if you care about that kind of thing it may not be the place for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GRX2008. Show GRX2008's posts

I say neither one!

But if you had to choose, DAnversport is the better of the two in many respects.

Venezia is simply in a dumpy area through a residential neighborhood, food is average, ceilings too low and claustraphobic...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from booklover. Show booklover's posts

I'd have to agree with GRX2008.  Venezia is tough to get to and not in a pretty area at all (it actually feels slightly unsafe).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I think it is up to your taste and vision for the wedding. I looked at Venezia as well and was not impressed.  It is a wedding factory and as others have said in not a nice location.  The water view is okay, but the sky line is hidden by a gas sign.  There is the small patch of grass near the parking lot that they use for pictures and is a better back drop.  I was just not impressed by the person who showed us around or the space itself, that said I did not want a "ballroom" wedding.