Wedding Guest Myths Busted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: Wedding Guest Myths Busted

In Response to Re: Wedding Guest Myths Busted:
    did you read Miss Conduct's blog question about someone who had a $500 for a store that went out of business recently and they never spent it? I think it must have been for LNT and all I could think was "I could have spent $500 in LNT in 15 minutes!!" In Response to Re: Wedding Guest Myths Busted :
    Posted by pinkkittie27

Oooooooooh.  That would be awesome.  I had a work friend who registered at LNT, and I was in charge of taking up a collection and buying her stuff.  We ended up with about $400, and it was so much fun!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

You can wear white to a wedding if you meet a few conditions.

1. It's not a gown.
    2. It's a daytime wedding.
    3. It's summer.

White pantsuit at an evening wedding in June? You'd better be over 40, but no offense taken.

White sundress at a mid-day wedding in August? No problemo.

White silk gown at an evening wedding in March? You're an attention grabbing drama queen.

IMHO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I don't know, I think even in a white sundress you're still running a risk. What if it's a casual wedding and the bride chooses a sundress-type dress?
    I just think it's best to avoid white at all costs unless you have no other options.

n Response to Re: Wedding Guest Myths Busted:
    You can wear white to a wedding if you meet a few conditions. 1. It's not a gown. 2. It's a daytime wedding. 3. It's summer. White pantsuit at an evening wedding in June? You'd better be over 40, but no offense taken. White sundress at a mid-day wedding in August? No problemo. White silk gown at an evening wedding in March? You're an attention grabbing drama queen. IMHO
    Posted by helphelpImbeingrepressed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

I find the fact that people want to wear white interesting for 2 reasons.

As a nurse, I refuse to wear white.  Associate it to much with working on the floors when I had to wear white and so I think if you are wearing white pants or white shorts or a white skirt or a white dress, you look like you are ready to go to work.  Besides it looked horrible, because...

Very few people actually look good in white!

Then there was the day I wore my white pants with my green froggie underwear.Embarassed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Very few people actually look good in white!
    Posted by ash

It is for this reason that you are all more than welcome to wear white to my wedding, as I will be wearing some other color.  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Anyone need to buy anything at Circle Furniture?  I still have a $300 gift card  wedding present but unfortunately, they are too spendy for my budget.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

But Cosmo, if you have the GC, than you don't have to spend any money (?)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Anyone need to buy anything at Circle Furniture?  I still have a $300 gift card  wedding present but unfortunately, they are too spendy for my budget.
    Posted by cosmogirl

Can you use it at their outlet?   You might be able to get some cute art work or a mirror.  I saw two mirrors on their outlet website.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

If you register at Macy's they give you a coupon, mine was a sticker that a lady put on my print out of things left on my registry, for 20% off.  It was only for a month or so after the wedding but could be used on ANYTHING, not just stuff on your registry.  We bought a dyson (not on the registry) and got 20% off,  actually we got it for about $2.14 by the time we scanned in all our gift cards from the wedding!   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

BB&B gives you 20% off of anything left on your registry.  I totally meant to add more bedding before the wedding!!  It's not for a year though, it's a one time thing and my coupon expired about 3 months after the wedding.
    Posted by framerican51008

BBB gives everyone a constant supply of 20% off coupons that never expire.  I think their whole inventory is marked up by 20%!  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

But Cosmo, if you have the GC, than you don't have to spend any money (?)
    Posted by lizinboston

They are pretty pricey.  It would be $300 off something.  A nice discount, but it might not make anything particularly affordable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding Guest Myths Busted : They are pretty pricey.  It would be $300 off something.  A nice discount, but it might not make anything particularly affordable.
    Posted by kargiver

I agree that is why I asked about the outlet for Cos....I saw a couple of pieces that were about $150 or so and it might mean that she may have to pay the difference but it probably wouldn't be much.  Mirros and artwork can be (but are not always) expensive.  I know I am looking for a mirror or two myself, I haunt craig's list :)

Sections
Shortcuts