Wedding memories

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding memories

Best:

The best parts of our wedding were our 1st and last dance. We took lessons and did a foxtrot to Nat King Cole’s LOVE, everyone got up and started clapping to the music and it was very magical. We were very nervous about our dip at the end – but some how we managed it & everyone loved it. Our last dance was Michael Buble’s Save the Last Dance, we were dancing & near the end our whole family got in a circle and just danced around us – we just kept doing turns & it felt like we were in a tornado – it was amazing.

my husband's cousins (who are in their 40s/50s) also started a conga line which was a riot. We also had 1 business associate who is in his late 70s who had a "date" who was no older than 35 or so. Everyone was intrigued by his energy and whether or not his date was for hire...

Our mass was also very special, my cousin, who was in the choir for Notre Dame sang during communion, & we actually had 2 priests to celebrate the mass b/c my mother is involved in our church so we had a few priests that came to the wedding.

Worst:

Somehow in the directions to the reception, one of the street signs was missing, so people got lost. We made it OK to the reception b/c I was directing the driver but my SIL and her husband were trying to give us the phone to give people directions… I had to say to them “no, tell them to stop & ask for direction” - we were in the middle of greeting people & getting ready to have photos taken… it was a bit obtuse of them.

it was also kind of funny b/c the waitress that was to take care of us - had a plate of appetizers just for us and people kept eating off it and she had to keep running back to refill.

Experiencing my "time of the month" the night before and having it hit me harder than normal on my wedding day. I was not 100% prepared and my MOH had to run out to a drug store during the reception, God love her I was so glad I had her to do that for me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wedding memories

Worst:

Somehow in the directions to the reception, one of the street signs was missing, so people got lost. We made it OK to the reception b/c I was directing the driver but my SIL and her husband were trying to give us the phone to give people directions… I had to say to them “no, tell them to stop & ask for direction” - we were in the middle of greeting people & getting ready to have photos taken… it was a bit obtuse of them.

People were spending time and money to come see you, and given the unforseen circumstances with the sign, you really decided to make your guests struggle and find a random stranger who could help them get there instead of just taking a few minutes to tell YOUR friends and YOUR family how to find your reception to celebrate with you? you know, the reception where most of these people were planning on giving you gifts and spending their time? Wow. if you couldnt even be bothered to help those you love find you given the circumstances, why did you even invite them? Its not like they were all lazy and didnt print directions ahead of time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toffee. Show Toffee's posts

Wedding memories

People were spending time and money to come see you, and given the unforseen circumstances with the sign, you really decided to make your guests struggle and find a random stranger who could help them get there instead of just taking a few minutes to tell YOUR friends and YOUR family how to find your reception to celebrate with you? you know, the reception where most of these people were planning on giving you gifts and spending their time? Wow. if you couldnt even be bothered to help those you love find you given the circumstances, why did you even invite them? Its not like they were all lazy and didnt print directions ahead of time.
    [/Quote]

They were adults...adults are fully capable of asking for directions if they get lost. They should not be calling the bridal party right before the reception! Pull over at a gas station and ask for directions! It's not Benice's fault that the sign was missing. Things like that happen all the time. It's not fair to bother the bride and groom's family on their very busy day! Adult guests to not need to be babysat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toffee. Show Toffee's posts

Wedding memories

My reply came out weird, here is what I said:

They were adults...adults are fully capable of asking for directions if they get lost. They should not be calling the bridal party right before the reception! Pull over at a gas station and ask for directions! It's not Benice's fault that the sign was missing. Things like that happen all the time. It's not fair to bother the bride and groom's family on their very busy day! Adult guests to not need to be babysat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding memories

it's not as if the reception was in my home town... we had no idea how to give people directions if they got lost... the person on the phone was not asking for us to give them directions, the person who was at the reception was the one thinking "oh i'll give the phone to benice & her husband"... not to mention i spent $ on a map & directions that even if the sign was missing they could have read the map or simply stopped and asked someone for directions - it was not in the boonies, it was in milton.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Wedding memories

Missy, seriously what is your deal....things happen and adults are fully capable of asking directions. It was not her fault a street sign was missing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Wedding memories

I don't think family/friends should have been calling the bridal party for directions lost or not. They have enough on their minds. As someone pointed out they are adults they could stop and ask for directions. I know after the ceremony my husband and I were enjoying the quite drive to the reception and looking back on the ceremony and that fact the were are freaking married:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Wedding memories

[Quote]it's not as if the reception was in my home town... we had no idea how to give people directions if they got lost... the person on the phone was not asking for us to give them directions, the person who was at the reception was the one thinking "oh i'll give the phone to benice & her husband"... not to mention i spent $ on a map & directions that even if the sign was missing they could have read the map or simply stopped and asked someone for directions - it was not in the boonies, it was in milton.[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wedding memories

[Quote]it's not as if the reception was in my home town... we had no idea how to give people directions if they got lost... the person on the phone was not asking for us to give them directions, the person who was at the reception was the one thinking "oh i'll give the phone to benice & her husband"... not to mention i spent $ on a map & directions that even if the sign was missing they could have read the map or simply stopped and asked someone for directions - it was not in the boonies, it was in milton.[/Quote]

you had no idea how to give people directions, yet you were fully capable of giving your driver directions. as you stated in your post. again, if it is such a bother for you to help those who love you get to the place where you chose to celebrate your wedding day, then again, why did you invite them. by writing this was one of the worst things that could have happened to you shows how you really feel about your guests. they gave up a day and money to come be with u. you cant help a few people out with a phone call? id assume if they werent close to you they wouldnt have had the number in the first place. to simply say, no i cant be bothered to help you come find me and give me presents and give up your night, is super rude. on top of that, you could have even had someone else field the phone calls, a friend or family member who made it. simply saying i cant be bothered, find your own way, is rude.

oh, and obviously that map and directions you bought did no good when the street sign went missing, hence the phone calls...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Wedding memories

and this is exactly why I am thankfully to have a GPS.

and it's easy to give directions when you are in the same car as someone, it's a lot harder over the phone in an area you are unfamilar with. How was she suppose to know the street sign was going to be missing when she handed out directions? She wasn't that rude. Calm down missy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding memories

i gave the driver directions based on me knowing the 1 way i knew to get there... if someone missed the turn and kept going down the street - and turned down another street, i would not have known where they were.

no matter how easy a map is- there are still people that will get lost.

never in my life would I expect the bride & groom to stop greeting people or interrupt photos to give directions to someone, that would be rude to the 150 people who were right infront of us.

a cocktail hour is ... an hour... and gives guests a good chunk of time to find the reception before the dinner starts. It's not like their car broke down, all they had to do was go into a gas station and ask for directions.

If i was running a business meeting & someone was late b/c they got lost - would I stop the meeting so that I could attempt to give that person directions?? no, dont think so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabriellemarie. Show gabriellemarie's posts

Wedding memories

I think the point is that people are so utterly unaware of the stress of following a timeline during the day, benice was in the middle of greeting people and trying to get her photos taken!!! NOT THE TIME TO BE ASKING HER FOR DIRECTIONS!!! please please please people realize that bothering the bride and groom for stuff like this is COMPLETELY uncalled for, rude, and beyond stressful for the bride and groom. these are things that people either need to a. figure out themselves, or b. go to the BM, MOH, or parents... NOT the bride and groom!!!

It happened to us on So many occassions during the day so I can sympathize... a few examples: husbands sister FLIPPING out on the phone on the way to the church (and made us late), trying to give her fiance directions (who refused to just talk to the knowlegable limo driver), uncle who stopped me to ask me directions out of Boston right after the DJ announced I was doing the bouquet toss and started the music, poor husband got stuck giving him directions and was VERY upset he missed the bouquet toss... coordinator coming to me with all the problems I could do nothing about, which just stressed me out (until BM's wife saw what was going on and told her to back off)

but other than that we had a perfect day :-)

and, benice it sounds like you had a great day as well...aren't you happy it's all over?? :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Wedding memories

Benice...you do not have to defend yourself.....you did what you had to do and sadly enough Missy has her head up her you know what. I have been given directions which made us lost....as an adult, I stopped and got directions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding memories

i know, i don't know why i get sucked into people making aggressive comments, arg!

I actually wish i could relive it b/c it was really hard to focus on what is going on... i had to stop myself to actually listen to the music, taste the food, & actually look around - it's like being on a rollercoaster & you're so focused on getting through every twist & turn that you dont have any sense of what is really going on.

I hope in 10 years I can just look at the pictures and remember it being a really great day.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wedding memories

[Quote]Benice...you do not have to defend yourself.....you did what you had to do and sadly enough Missy has her head up her you know what. I have been given directions which made us lost....as an adult, I stopped and got directions.[/Quote]

ahhh yes. my head is stuck up my you know what. that is so classy of you!

last time i checked, the reception was for the bride and groom to celebrate with their friends and family the new marriage. to be so rude to your guests like that is a slap in the face. if you are too busy to help someone, ask someone else, a friend or family member to kindly take the phone and help out your supposedly loving friend or family member. to say "no i am way to busy. ask a stranger. i cant be bothered. but oh by the way when you arrive make sure you leave a card with money in it b.c if not, i will be starting a thread about my cheap guest who had difficulties finding my reception venue and had the nerve to call and ask someone and i told them where to go" is ridiculous. if you cant ask someone to field a call or two then your head is stuck up your you know what. so many of you forget that for 6 hours, you are a bride. you are not queen of england. and guess what? after those 6 hours, you go right back to being a regular person. so if you want to keep your friends and family, show them a little respect. kindly asking someone else to take the phone call would have solved everyones problems. seriously.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Wedding memories

Bernice I am glad you had a great day! Happy wedding.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding memories

im sorry, I keep getting sucked into this, this person did not call me, they called my SIL, and my SIL was the one trying to hand me the phone to give directions... now why didn't she think "hey, maybe someone other than benice can help with this?" All i said was "tell them to stop & ask for directions"... i didnt say - screw you! and make sure you mail your card if you don't get here in time!

lol...

I had 10 guests that didnt come to our wedding... now which is ruder? the people that cost us a decent chunk of change... or the bride that didn't have time to figure out where someone was and told them to stop and ask for directions?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wedding memories

the 10 guests not coming is super rude if they rsvpd that they would come. instead of telling sil to tell them to stop an ask for directions, why not tell sil to ask someone at the reception, (you say 150 of you made it ok at this point) to help with the directions. just show some consideration for those giving their time and money to be with you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Wedding memories

benice - don't even think twice about it - just because someone peed in missy's cheerios today, doesn't mean any sane person would actually think this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wedding memories

[Quote]benice - don't even think twice about it - just because someone peed in missy's cheerios today, doesn't mean any sane person would actually think this.[/Quote]

ohhh so thats why they tasted different today!

i do find this board entertaining. so many of you complain about everything and twist everything so as to say how someone offended you. so many people complain when the reception and ceremony are such and such distance apart, when the gap between the ceremony and reception is not to your liking, when the food isnt to your liking, when the music isnt to your liking, the favors or lack there of etc etc. all of you sticking up for the bride would be the first to be angry if you called your good friend the sil of the bride b/c the directions were confusing and the bride told you basically to shove it instead of asking someone to help you. who are you kidding?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Wedding memories

Missy how about you get married and then come back and tell us how hectic your day was. Honestly best of luck to the poor guy who wants to marry you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Wedding memories

[Quote]and this is exactly why I am thankfully to have a GPS.

and it's easy to give directions when you are in the same car as someone, it's a lot harder over the phone in an area you are unfamilar with. How was she suppose to know the street sign was going to be missing when she handed out directions? She wasn't that rude. Calm down missy.[/Quote]

Just make to select "main roads" or whatever the setting is. Our GPS has brought us down dirt roads more than once! And over a mountain once...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Wedding memories

the worst part was that people got lost...

and i said my SIL was a bit obtuse for trying to hand us the phone... not exactly complaining or being offended to the degree that you made it out to be...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Wedding memories

[Quote]the worst part was that people got lost...

and i said my SIL was a bit obtuse for try to hand us the phone... not exactly complaining or being offended to the degree that you made it out to be...[/Quote]

This reminds me of my sister's wedding when her FMIL called our mom to tell her that her guests' hotel rooms weren't ready. Like my mom could do anything about it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

Wedding memories

[Quote]Missy how about you get married and then come back and tell us how hectic your day was. Honestly best of luck to the poor guy who wants to marry you.[/Quote]

best of luck to your poor husband!