Weirdest Guys You've Dated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated

Prill, you get the prize (although these are ALL great stories) as far as I'm concerned - that really takes the cake.  Whipping it out in a theater and just sitting there on display???  My DH was living on his romantic first date edge when he took his jacket off in the theater and laid it over my lap 'cause I was shivering.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

oh geez! I hate it when guys can't cut the cord! That's so odd.

In Response to Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of blind love and then seeing it for what it was once it is long over.... a boyfriend i had dated for almost 2 years was obsessively tied to his parents.  He HAD to talk to mom, then dad every single day and they visited from NJ once or twice a month, every month (mind you, we had graduated college at this point - and while he was in college in NYC, his mom would come do his laundry every Sunday!!!!).  Well, shortly after our first break up (his father had told him his life was too busy for a gf at the time, and he listened - but then "regretted" it)... he took my to NYC for my BIRTHDAY for a 3 day weekend.... he said his parents wanted to take me out to lunch on my b-day... i said fine... now, they gave me a picture frame, but i had to spring for my $9 meal from the deli that his mercedes-driving parents didn't pick up (thought you were taking me out?).... Then after lunch, he tells me they need family time to discuss a few things (he had just seen them last weekend) and proceeded to leave me alone in NYC for 2.5 hours for family time.  Needless to say, I was ticked, he said "I really don't understand what you are so mad about, I spent all weekend with you." Um... yeah.... you took me away for my weekend, the nerve of me wanting you to spend every moment with me.  The best part of it all? This relationship didn't end until he broke up with me about 7 months later..... I look back to all those moments and wonder what I was thinking.
    Posted by HTuck[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]oh geez! I hate it when guys can't cut the cord! That's so odd. In Response to Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated :
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

Seriously.  I dated this one guy who was unavailable to me every Tuesday and Wednesday night (in person or by phone), because he had to watch American Idol with his mother.  When I suggested that we could try watching it together (at the time, I had never seen it), he was horrifiied.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

LOL! That's priceless.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated :   Seriously.  I dated this one guy who was unavailable to me every Tuesday and Wednesday night (in person or by phone), because he had to watch American Idol with his mother.  When I suggested that we could try watching it together (at the time, I had never seen it), he was horrifiied.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Witness Protection Plan Man was among the weirdest men I dated...used the memory of his wife dying in his arms and the fact he had shrapnel in his leg in immediate succession to try and get me to stay over with him...and I quote..."I just lost my wife to cancer she died in my arms and I have shrapnel in my leg, so I was just looking for you to hlp me learn to have a good time"   He creeped me out so much I gave my sister his license plate number in case I went missing and she told my father who had it traced and come to find out there was no such license plate issued in the state of MA...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Wow Something!  Laughed out loud over this one.  Too quiet in the office for me to read this today!  :o)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Ha ha ha ha ha. some people have no concept of "you're coming on too strong."

[QUOTE]Witness Protection Plan Man was among the weirdest men I dated...used the memory of his wife dying in his arms and the fact he had shrapnel in his leg in immediate succession to try and get me to stay over with him...and I quote..."I just lost my wife to cancer she died in my arms and I have shrapnel in my leg, so I was just looking for you to hlp me learn to have a good time"   He creeped me out so much I gave my sister his license plate number in case I went missing and she told my father who had it traced and come to find out there was no such license plate issued in the state of MA...
    Posted by somethingold[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

CREEPY.

[QUOTE]Witness Protection Plan Man was among the weirdest men I dated...used the memory of his wife dying in his arms and the fact he had shrapnel in his leg in immediate succession to try and get me to stay over with him...and I quote..."I just lost my wife to cancer she died in my arms and I have shrapnel in my leg, so I was just looking for you to hlp me learn to have a good time"   He creeped me out so much I gave my sister his license plate number in case I went missing and she told my father who had it traced and come to find out there was no such license plate issued in the state of MA...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Note I said "among" the weirdest. Staying single as long as I did surely gave me ample time to find the weirdos.  And there are undoubtedly some men out there who are using me as their horror story description....but here goes

Okay two more quick ones - cuz it's so funny to me now - Christian Retreat Man - Let me start by saying that I accepted set ups from friends even though I knew the only criteria they had for picking a guy for me was that he be tall as I am pretty tall and smart because I was good in school - now no one ever matched me up with someone who was both - just one or the other.  My husband is however both and more.

So back to Christian Retreat Man - (6'4" maybe close to 37 at the time) During first minutes of our meeting he hated that my car was Japanese, didn't think my line of work really had any validity and the best part - he told me he was heavily involved in his Christian church and one day he was heading to a week-long retreat and got a cell call from the hospital shortly after he started his 4 hour drive that his mother had a horrible fall and was being taken by helicopter to Mass General (he lived about 1/2 hour away).  He said he kept driving to the retreat because he thought since he already signed up and paid for the retreat God wanted him there and he didn't want to let down the other people at the retreat who expected to see him.... and they say how a man treats his wife can be determined by how he treats his mother...I was incredulous and he was incredulous back because I told him a charitable and caring and yes even Christian-like thing to do might have been to go be with his mother and delay the trip til he knew she was okay. He said "well I called one of her neighbors to let them know where she was". She had no other family.  I came away from that one and only date wondering if he just hated me on sight and just made these stories up so I wouldn't want to see him again....but the friend said no - he'd really done and believed those things.

Obstreporous Noodle Man (140 IQ in his 30s)- I initially thought this guy was really kind of sweet in a non-fascinating way.  I can't remember who fixed us up.  We went to coffee once and dinner once over the course of a month (How is your dinner I asked, Fine but the noodles are rather obstreporous, He replied) very casual no big deal.  When out of the blue he called up literally sobbing to me that we had to break up and he was so sorry to hurt me because he'd really thought we were so suited to each other but his ex gf who had ditched him had called him and he wanted to see her again.  I really hadn't given him any more thought and didn't really care if he called or not so his reaction to our "break up" was pretty puzzling.

FWIW I made the bad choice with Witness Protection Plan Man (see my previous post) because I had been given a free psychic reading and when I started talking to this guy while waiting to take out food, he described himself using the exact same terms the psychic had the day before, from the number of dogs, to too much travel to having a zillion frequent flyer miles, and what he disliked eating....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

obstreporous??? lol, way to pull out the S.A.T. words! I wonder if the crying over the "breakup" was some mis-guided attempt to seem sensitive?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't even know that word, and google keeps asking me if I mean something else that means "noisy."  Can't be that...

What's obstreporous pasta?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Unruly.

I mean, I've had pasta that's hard to pick up with a fork, but I never thought of using a four-syllable word to describe it. ;)

[QUOTE]I don't even know that word, and google keeps asking me if I mean something else that means "noisy."  Can't be that... What's obstreporous pasta?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]Unruly. I mean, I've had pasta that's hard to pick up with a fork, but I never thought of using a four-syllable word to describe it. ;) In Response to Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated :

I do, but I at least go with common four syllable words like "irritating." :)

And I would more likely just say "annoying" or "obnoxious" anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

They were very crispy noodles so both noisy and difficult to eat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a stuck up snob!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

He really wasn't stuck up or snobby in person he just had this over developed vocabulary that must have taken so much time to cultivate, (he really was brilliant) that he lacked the time to completely comprehend social skills

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]He really wasn't stuck up or snobby in person he just had this over developed vocabulary that must have taken so much time to cultivate, (he really was brilliant) that he lacked the time to completely comprehend social skills

Interesting.  Happens a lot to those 140ish folk, I think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]He really wasn't stuck up or snobby in person he just had this over developed vocabulary that must have taken so much time to cultivate, (he really was brilliant) that he lacked the time to completely comprehend social skills

I love brilliant, yet socially awkward, guys!  They are so sweet and amusing.  Even though they don't mean to be amusing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

OMG, I am reading these stories and find so many of them hilarious. But the pasta one? haha, i just laughed out loud at my desk. hahaha

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

ah, so he wasn't one of those people who slip words like that into a conversation just so that they have the satisfaction of hearing the other person ask "What does that mean?"

I that situation I usually just imitate the "Pee Wee's Playhouse" magic word celebration: AHHH! You said the magic word! AHHHH!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]ah, so he wasn't one of those people who slip words like that into a conversation just so that they have the satisfaction of hearing the other person ask "What does that mean?" I that situation I usually just imitate the "Pee Wee's Playhouse" magic word celebration: AHHH! You said the magic word! AHHHH! In Response to Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated :

Kind of reminds me of a story my hairdresser told me. She had a date planned, but about 30 minutes before the guy called her to cancel. His excuse was that the barometric pressure was too low outside and he couldn't go out. She was like "ok?"

Now, ok, I understand that can cause headaches...but do we have to use those terms?? Just say..."I have a really bad headache..."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

oh, I'll have to remember that one! "Can't come to work today, the barometric pressure is really low."

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated : Kind of reminds me of a story my hairdresser told me. She had a date planned, but about 30 minutes before the guy called her to cancel. His excuse was that the barometric pressure was too low outside and he couldn't go out . She was like "ok?" Now, ok, I understand that can cause headaches...but do we have to use those terms?? Just say..."I have a really bad headache..."
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Can I use barometric pressure to get out of self imposed chores around the house?

Sections
Shortcuts