Weirdest Guys You've Dated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Weirdest Guys You've Dated

Since the "where did you meet your SO" is turning into a discussion about weird habits about men we've dated i'm starting a new topic.

Back before DH, one guy I met online use to send me song lyrics to my email everyday. Whenever he heard a song that made him think of me (we'd know each other less than a month, and never met one another in person), he'd send me the lyrics, no other notes just the lyrics. When we finally met in person, he presented me with the CD he had made of all the songs. Back then, kind of cute. Thinking about it now...kind of creepy.

Another guy use to drive down from Springfield to take me out (at the time I lived at home about 90 mins away from there). He put a fuel saver in his car to help him save on gas. Every time he filled up his tank he did the math to calculate his MPG and then would spend a few minutes adjusting the whole system if it wasn't optimum. Little obsessive if you ask me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated

No joke, a guy once asked me out after I saw him drink urine, then attempt to light a very sensitive part of his anatomy on fire (it didn't work).

He's certainly not a guy I dated, but... there it is.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I can't imagine why you'd ever want to turn him down lucy :-p

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

This is going to be a fabulous thread.

I only went out with this guy once, back in college.  We decided to meet in the Campus Center and go from there.  When I got there, he was sitting with a friend, and said we had to go to said friend's car first.  Guy makes me sit in the back seat, puts friend in front.  Drops friend off, and lets me sit up front.

We're driving to the restaurant.  He blazes up in the car.  I don't have a huge issue with the mary-j, but I don't really like people doing it in my presence.

We get to restaurant, are seated in a booth.  He, being stoned out of his mind and clumsy, knocks his beer over into my lap, SOAKING my pants.  He laughs hysterically.  All through dinner.

Yep.  No second date for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Oh MAN I wish I had some stories, but FI is the only guy I've been with!

I can tell you about a story my friend told me about some guy she went out with from match.com.

They went out to eat on their first date and apparently he ordered an insane amount of food, like 3 apps, two meals, and a dessert. My friend said she was just flabbergasted ( and he wasn't even a big guy!). Well, he didn't share any of his food with her, and she only ordered one meal. But here is the catch, she told me that she had two martinis at dinner, and when the waiter came around, and she ordered a third one, he said to her "You know, if you are going to order that third martini, you are going to have to give me the $9 for it." Good for my friend because she looked at him and said "ARE YOU SERIOUS? You just ordered over $100 worth of food and DIDN'T SHARE ANY OF IT WITH ME, and you want ME to give you $9 for ONE martini?"

She walked out right then and there! We are still talking about it to this day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Yea, the fuel saver guy once told me he "overpaid" on our date because he paid for both the dinner and the movie. At the time, since he was driving so far I paid one night and he'd pay another for the activity. It's a wonder I didn't dump him then with that "overpaid" comment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]I can't imagine why you'd ever want to turn him down lucy :-p
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

I know.  I can be so unreasonable sometimes.  ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

This is awesome!  I love the martini story. 

Dairy dude that I told you about in other thread is one of the weirdest, but I also had a phone chat scheduled w/ this one guy from online dating for let's say a Wed night.  I specifically told him Wed night for a reason. Well, he called Tuesday night and I answered the phone b/c from the area code I thought it might be a problem w/ work. I was in the middle of a Pilates workout, which is why I told chucklehead to call me on Wed night.  I told him I couldn't talk right then but that I'd talk to him on Wed night.  He got all huffy and sent me this nasty email about how if I want to date people I have to make time for them.  I sent him a nasty reply basically saying that he needed to learn to follow directions if he wanted to be able to date anyone and that there was a REASON [I never told him what what it was] why I had asked him to call Wed b/c I wouldn't be able to speak to him on Tuesday night.  His big excuse was he was going to be practicing w/ his garage band on Wed night and it was more convenient to call on Tuesday.  I wasn't all that thrilled about this guy to begin with, but he was cute so I set up the phone call.  Once he let the cat out of the bag about his garage band, I knew there was no point in ever meeting this guy.  Sorry, but if you are an engineer in your 30s and you still like to play thrash music w/ your buddies on the weekend b/c you harbor delusions that you are going to 'make it big' in the music industry,  then you can go and play in someone else's sandlot b/c you sure as hell aren't playing in mine. 

I had another boyfriend break up w/ me when boating season started [we had been dating from around Christmas time till late May/early June] b/c he wanted to spend more time w/ his buddies on his boat.  Yeah.  That's normal. I had one friend who thought he was gay b/c his hair was perfect [okay, it was irritating that his hair was way nicer than mine], he was really good looking and in good shape, but he had cat accoutrement all over his house.  I think a guy w/ a cat is perfectly fine, but have to admit that the cat oven mitts, kitchen towels, decorative prints and excessive cat toys were a little creepy.  And his bathrooms were super clean too - he's the only guy I've ever dated w/ a spotless bathroom.  He did feel the need to tell me that the nail polish remover in his bathroom cabinet was to remove grease or something - like I was going to dig around in his medicine cabinets to look for stuff - I would never have noticed it had he not mentioned it; I think he secretly did his nails or something b/c why else would you bring that up????!!  When boating season started, he dumped me over the phone too. Who does that!  Then again, I've been email dumped by someone I was dating for a few weeks, so I  guess the phone is as step up.  I at least have the decency to dump people in person.  lol.  The best part was, after he dumped me, he called for weeks on end just 'to chat' and to give me updates on the woodpecker that was drilling the side of his house.  Dude, why do you think I care?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I used to date a guy who every time we went out for dinner, he would insist we go to a place where we could get "sharing" meals like pizza.  Oh, and I could never get a cocktail or even a soda.  It was always water.  Then, the real kicker, the server came and asked us if we wanted dessert, he looked at me and said, "You don't want anything, do you?" and looked at me angrily like I SHOULDN'T, and being a girly-girl, I said, "No, I'm okay".  He proceeded to order something for himself, and didn't give me any.  Not even one single solitary bite.  Oh, and he would always give me "tips" on how to lose weight by making small changes to my diet. 

Um, I'm pretty sure not giving me any dessert is a good start, you jerk!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

OMG, this is fantastic! I could write multiple volumes.

I went through a bad boy phase in high school, and this one guy freaked out about his bada$s lifestyle, so one day he decided to dedicate his life to Jesus, which in his mind involved taking a vow of silence for three months (when spoken to he would glare/growl at people), wear black dresses, and black eyeliner. To church, Luckily for me, he broke up with me when he decided to pursue this lifestyle.

There's another guy with whom I didn't even make it half a date. He picked me up in his car, a Hummer he was *obsessed* with. Couldn't stop talking about the safari lights and how he could plow through a crowd of people if he wanted to. Nice. Before this charming monologue, I had forgotten something in my dorm room right as I was getting in his car, so I told him I'd go get it and be right back. He decided to follow me and as I was getting what I needed, he was tutoring my roommates it the art of karate. As I came into the room, he said, "See, I'll demonstrate," and tried to give me a flying dragon kick to the head while vaulting me onto my bed. I kneed him in his nether regions and told him I couldn't make it to dinner that night.

The kicker is that about 5 months ago he IMed me (apparently I need to change my screenname more often) asking what I was up to (this horrific date took place about 5 years ago). I told him I was engaged and living in a different state. He said, "That's okay, what are you doing this weekend?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I could go on for weeks....

I once met this guy at a club who proceeded to spend the next two days IMing me constantly to tell me I'm pretty.

Thank you, I know.  Can we please talk about something else?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

this thread is so going to get me in trouble at work because I can't stop laughing. :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Every seen "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"? when the poor guy forgets his wallet on the first date? That happened to my poor FI on our third date. He was still so nervous around me, and he totally forgot his wallet. I graciously paid and didn't mind, I was already smitten by him.

Poor guy, everytime I see that movie I think of that night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]This is awesome!  I love the martini story.  Dairy dude that I told you about in other thread is one of the weirdest, but I also had a phone chat scheduled w/ this one guy from online dating for let's say a Wed night.  I specifically told him Wed night for a reason. Well, he called Tuesday night and I answered the phone b/c from the area code I thought it might be a problem w/ work. I was in the middle of a Pilates workout, which is why I told chucklehead to call me on Wed night.  I told him I couldn't talk right then but that I'd talk to him on Wed night.  He got all huffy and sent me this nasty email about how if I want to date people I have to make time for them.  I sent him a nasty reply basically saying that he needed to learn to follow directions if he wanted to be able to date anyone and that there was a REASON [I never told him what what it was] why I had asked him to call Wed b/c I wouldn't be able to speak to him on Tuesday night.  His big excuse was he was going to be practicing w/ his garage band on Wed night and it was more convenient to call on Tuesday.  I wasn't all that thrilled about this guy to begin with, but he was cute so I set up the phone call.  Once he let the cat out of the bag about his garage band, I knew there was no point in ever meeting this guy.  Sorry, but if you are an engineer in your 30s and you still like to play thrash music w/ your buddies on the weekend b/c you harbor delusions that you are going to 'make it big' in the music industry,  then you can go and play in someone else's sandlot b/c you sure as hell aren't playing in mine.  I had another boyfriend break up w/ me when boating season started [we had been dating from around Christmas time till late May/early June] b/c he wanted to spend more time w/ his buddies on his boat.  Yeah.  That's normal. I had one friend who thought he was gay b/c his hair was perfect [okay, it was irritating that his hair was way nicer than mine], he was really good looking and in good shape, but he had cat accoutrement all over his house.  I think a guy w/ a cat is perfectly fine, but have to admit that the cat oven mitts, kitchen towels, decorative prints and excessive cat toys were a little creepy.  And his bathrooms were super clean too - he's the only guy I've ever dated w/ a spotless bathroom.  He did feel the need to tell me that the nail polish remover in his bathroom cabinet was to remove grease or something - like I was going to dig around in his medicine cabinets to look for stuff - I would never have noticed it had he not mentioned it; I think he secretly did his nails or something b/c why else would you bring that up????!!  When boating season started, he dumped me over the phone too. Who does that!  Then again, I've been email dumped by someone I was dating for a few weeks, so I  guess the phone is as step up.  I at least have the decency to dump people in person.  lol.  The best part was, after he dumped me, he called for weeks on end just 'to chat' and to give me updates on the woodpecker that was drilling the side of his house.  Dude, why do you think I care?!
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

LMAO LOL HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHA HAAHHAHAHAHA LMAO HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAA is all I can say this post!!! HAHAHAHA LOVE IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA OMG HAHAHAHA!!!! HAHA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

OMG how about the guys who go to bars like The Gypsy Bar in Boston?

My friends and I call them "Ya dudes" cause the only words in their vocab are "ya, dude, yo, whateva, etc etc etc"

They are always tan, bulging muscles, spiked hair, muscle shirts, pink popped collars, and walk around like they are Gods holy gift to Earth. They seriously crack me up.

WPP's hummer story reminds me of them....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great stories!

WPP's made me think of a guy that I didn't date, but I think the story goes here, anyway.

I was barreling down the Mass Pike after a bad day at work sobbing.  Suddenly, I was aware that the semi on my right wasn't passing, just pacing me exactly.  Odd.  So, I looked up at the driver as if to say, "What are you doing?"  He mouthed, "Are you OK?"  I gave him a thumbs up and nodded thinking he'd pick up speed and drive off.  Nope.  He started motioning me to pull over.  Pull over??  I shook my head and waved him away.  Nothing doing, he was still there.  So, I showed him my wedding rings.  I swear, I read his lips and he said, "I WON'T TELL."  I sped up and went like 90 to my exit hoping he wouldn't follow.  He didn't.

Not sure how we stayed on the road... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Okay, so in addition to the guy who stapled everything he had onto his walls...

One of my exs I was with for almost 3 years. At the time I was blinded by love, but now I honestly have to say I don't know what I was thinking. He was otherwise a pretty normal guy except:
    He used Sun-In on his hair.
    He owned every Backstreet Boys and Nsync CD.

This, among other things, lead one of my best friends to say to me right after we broke up "Oh thank God you broke up, because I was going to tell you that I'm 95% sure that he's gay."
    After she said that, the whole hindsight 20/20 thing came into place and I suddenly realized that she was most likely right- his dwindled interest in s e x, how he really liked Titanic, he never ever commented on a woman's looks except to say she dressed well, and how when he was younger he wanted to sing on broadway.
    I don't know how I didn't see it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]OMG, this is fantastic! I could write multiple volumes. I went through a bad boy phase in high school, and this one guy freaked out about his bada$s lifestyle, so one day he decided to dedicate his life to Jesus, which in his mind involved taking a vow of silence for three months (when spoken to he would glare/growl at people), wear black dresses, and black eyeliner. To church, Luckily for me, he broke up with me when he decided to pursue this lifestyle. There's another guy with whom I didn't even make it half a date. He picked me up in his car, a Hummer he was *obsessed* with. Couldn't stop talking about the safari lights and how he could plow through a crowd of people if he wanted to. Nice. Before this charming monologue, I had forgotten something in my dorm room right as I was getting in his car, so I told him I'd go get it and be right back. He decided to follow me and as I was getting what I needed, he was tutoring my roommates it the art of karate. As I came into the room, he said, "See, I'll demonstrate," and tried to give me a flying dragon kick to the head while vaulting me onto my bed. I kneed him in his nether regions and told him I couldn't make it to dinner that night. The kicker is that about 5 months ago he IMed me (apparently I need to change my screenname more often) asking what I was up to (this horrific date took place about 5 years ago). I told him I was engaged and living in a different state. He said, "That's okay, what are you doing this weekend?"
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

OMG!  The hummer dude story is hilarious.  I love how he felt the need to tutor your roommate in the fine art of karate and then pull a Matrix/Drunken Master move on you.  Kneeing him in the groin is priceless.

Seriously, you can't make these up!!

I dated another guy who would ask me each and every time "can I kiss you now?"  Now, I don't necessarily like a guy to go all Neanderthal on me and drag me by the hair, but grow a pair and just kiss me for God's sake!  Some passion and testosterone is a good thing.  I would joke w/ my best friend that I guess the follow up question was "can I touch your breast now".  Geez.  After a question like "Can I kiss you now?", the only real response is "if you feel you must" b/c at that point, the moment is gone.  That guy was so clueless it was scary.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol, that's what my friends and I call them too! I go to those clubs sometimes with some friends of mine, and when those kinds of guys try to pick us up we laugh really really hard.
    Go to YouTube and watch "My New Haircut" it's hilarious.

[QUOTE]OMG how about the guys who go to bars like The Gypsy Bar in Boston? My friends and I call them "Ya dudes" cause the only words in their vocab are "ya, dude, yo, whateva, etc etc etc" They are always tan, bulging muscles, spiked hair, muscle shirts, pink popped collars, and walk around like they are Gods holy gift to Earth. They seriously crack me up. WPP's hummer story reminds me of them....
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, so in addition to the guy who stapled everything he had onto his walls... One of my exs I was with for almost 3 years. At the time I was blinded by love, but now I honestly have to say I don't know what I was thinking. He was otherwise a pretty normal guy except: He used Sun-In on his hair. He owned every Backstreet Boys and Nsync CD. This, among other things, lead one of my best friends to say to me right after we broke up "Oh thank God you broke up, because I was going to tell you that I'm 95% sure that he's gay." After she said that, the whole hindsight 20/20 thing came into place and I suddenly realized that she was most likely right- his dwindled interest in s e x, how he really liked Titanic, he never ever commented on a woman's looks except to say she dressed well, and how when he was younger he wanted to sing on broadway. I don't know how I didn't see it!
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

Pink, that is freaking awesome!  The Sun In alone should have been a big tip off.  I bet it you head down to the Gypsy Bar, you'll see him w/ Liz's pink popped collar guys.  lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Pink, HAHA!!!!!! THEY CRACK ME UP!!!! Seriously, who do they think they are?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Ugh! I hate it when guys do that!

I've had guys, when I tell them I'm married ask "How married are you?"
    I respond "Very."

Or "Well, your husband's not here."
    I respond "Yes, he is. He's right here." and I point to my heart and my head.

It's like, "yeah right, dude. I'm not going to cheat on DH, but even if I was going to, it would not be with YOU! Don't flatter yourself."

[QUOTE]Great stories! WPP's made me think of a guy that I didn't date, but I think the story goes here, anyway. I was barreling down the Mass Pike after a bad day at work sobbing.  Suddenly, I was aware that the semi on my right wasn't passing, just pacing me exactly.  Odd.  So, I looked up at the driver as if to say, "What are you doing?"  He mouthed, "Are you OK?"  I gave him a thumbs up and nodded thinking he'd pick up speed and drive off.  Nope.  He started motioning me to pull over.  Pull over??  I shook my head and waved him away.  Nothing doing, he was still there.  So, I showed him my wedding rings.  I swear, I read his lips and he said, "I WON'T TELL."  I sped up and went like 90 to my exit hoping he wouldn't follow.  He didn't. Not sure how we stayed on the road... 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

no luck, he fouind me on Facebook recently. Seems he'll need the jaws of life to get that closet door open.

[QUOTE]Pink, that is freaking awesome!  The Sun In alone should have been a big tip off.  I bet it you head down to the Gypsy Bar, you'll see him w/ Liz's pink popped collar guys.  lol.
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I watched a True Life episode about a guy who was a "Ya Dude" who got calf implants. You should have heard him talk about himself.

Annnnnd I quote..

"Dude, girls like guys that shave their whole bodies, they like guys who put glitter on their chests and show it off at a club, they like ripped 8 packs, and spiked hair" Um, no they don't.

"Everywhere I go, girls gravitate towards me, I can't help it, I am turning them down left and right."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

My favorite is to use my knowledge of cologne:
    "Oh, is that Dolce and Gabbana Man?"
    "Yes, how can you tell?"
    "You bathed in it."

LOL!

[QUOTE]Pink, HAHA!!!!!! THEY CRACK ME UP!!!! Seriously, who do they think they are?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]