Weirdest Guys You've Dated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated

Oh and I DON'T LIKE PINK POPPED COLLARS!!!! If my FI ever popped his collar I would un-pop is immediatley!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I remember that episode.  That guy was ridiculous!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]I watched a True Life episode about a guy who was a "Ya Dude" who got calf implants. You should have heard him talk about himself. Annnnnd I quote.. "Dude, girls like guys that shave their whole bodies, they like guys who put glitter on their chests and show it off at a club, they like ripped 8 packs, and spiked hair" Um, no they don't. "Everywhere I go, girls gravitate towards me, I can't help it, I am turning them down left and right."
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Calf implants!???!! OMG! 

Someone needs to tell him that the 'girls' that like shaved men w/ glitter on their chests and a fauxhawk 'do have Adam's apples.  They are called transvestites, not women. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

the sad part is, I do know girls who like guys like that. I'm never suprised when they say "We broke up, he turned out to be a real jerk!" I'm always thinking "TURNED OUT to be???"

[QUOTE]I watched a True Life episode about a guy who was a "Ya Dude" who got calf implants. You should have heard him talk about himself. Annnnnd I quote.. "Dude, girls like guys that shave their whole bodies, they like guys who put glitter on their chests and show it off at a club, they like ripped 8 packs, and spiked hair" Um, no they don't. "Everywhere I go, girls gravitate towards me, I can't help it, I am turning them down left and right."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I remember that episode.  That guy was ridiculous!!!
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

He was actually from The Cape!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I remember that episode.  That guy was ridiculous!!!
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Goodness, remember there were also those two friends who were complete bimbos who were getting lipo and breast implants??

LIPO? They were like a size 2!!! They were the dumbest ppl on the face of this earth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

My DH and I have a joke about popped collars. You know those silly inspirational emails that they send around? Well, he sent me a spoof one once that was really funny - it's the one w/ the photo of the guy w/ an Afro shaped into a ball cap that says "If life doesn't give you money for hats, grow a Fro hat".  Anyway, there is a photo of this total yacht club kid from the 80s w/ 4 Polo shirts, all w/ popped collars and the caption says, "You may be cool, but are you 4 popped collars cool"?  We found this hilariously funny so whenever anything about coolness comes up we ask each other if it's 4 popped collars cool.  It doesn't sound as funny now that it's written out, but whatever. We find it amusing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Once upon a time, when I worked at Hot topic, I started wearing neon polo shirts I bought at Salvation Army that had clearly been there since '85 and popping the collars. It was supposed to look ironic what with my mohawk and spiked collar and all. A big "it's so ugly it's cool" thing.
    But then it became popular. And i never forgave myself for ever thinking it was cool and ironic, because it seems that way too many people take it very very seriously, and that's why it's so lame.
    My friends and I used to rick roll each other with this song "Poppin' My Colla" by some hip hop artist. We'd hack into each other's MySpaces and put it as the profile song. It was soooo funny at the time. Ahhh college...

Here's the haircut video I mentioned too.

[QUOTE]Oh and I DON'T LIKE PINK POPPED COLLARS!!!! If my FI ever popped his collar I would un-pop is immediatley!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

he was a teacher too-elementary school i believe, which made me laugh even more. I didn't think a guy that was that into himself would want to work with little kids. He just didn't see soft enough to work with them. that and how could he go out that late at night and be in work early in the morning for school the next day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I don't think popped collars are in anymore, are they?? I wouldn't know, I don't hang out in the areas you would find them. I tend to see more searsucker (Sp?) shorts and those kinda see-thru button down shirts more....

There is a difference between the prep (Cape, MV, Nantucket ya dude) and the club scene ya dude, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

[QUOTE]Goodness, remember there were also those two friends who were complete bimbos who were getting lipo and breast implants?? LIPO? They were like a size 2!!! They were the dumbest ppl on the face of this earth.

I was watching E! one night and the blonde was on. She needed a personal assistant, she didn't work and was engaged to a super rich guy but she needed a personal assistant to help her out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I was watching E! one night and the blonde was on. She needed a personal assistant, she didn't work and was engaged to a super rich guy but she needed a personal assistant to help her out.
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

That's riduculous!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I didn't think I had a good one, but I do!!

OK, now I don't want to seem like I was holier than thou in high school because I definitely was not.  But during my freshman year of college, this kid I hadn't seen since sophomore year called to ask me on a date (while I was home on break) and it was really obvious throughout the date that he thought I was something to brag about.

We went to see Scream 3 and he was floored when I figured out who the killer was.  He kept saying things like, "Man you are so smart!"  Seriously dude?  It's the third one.  Then on the way home he stopped by his friend's place to hang out for a minute... basically seemed like he wanted them to see me.  OK seriously, I'm no super model.  What is going on here?  Then we went back to his house to hang out and he called a kid we went to school with to come over.  See previous comments - W.T.F?  As we were waiting for that kid to come over, he just sat there and stared at me in awe. 

When we were in high school I thought he was a pretty chill, good looking guy, but he turned out to be such a tool!!!

P.S. W.T.F is not allowed!!

P.P.S. I see this kid on Facebook now and he does a ridiclous amount of fake tanning and sideways hat wearing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

well, they're both frat guy ya dudes, but they just to different colleges. The prep ya dudes go to ivys, the "bad boy" ya dudes go to UMass ;)

Disclaimer: I'm not hating on UMass, my mom went there.

[QUOTE]I don't think popped collars are in anymore, are they?? I wouldn't know, I don't hang out in the areas you would find them. I tend to see more searsucker (Sp?) shorts and those kinda see-thru button down shirts more.... There is a difference between the prep (Cape, MV, Nantucket ya dude) and the club scene ya dude, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Goodness, remember there were also those two friends who were complete bimbos who were getting lipo and breast implants?? LIPO? They were like a size 2!!! They were the dumbest ppl on the face of this earth.

Oh yeah, I remember them.  They wanted to be on Playboy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

That martini story was hilarious!  Good for her!

I've never dated anyone incredibly weird, only incredibly rude.  One guy insulted everything I said and proceeded to tell me how I'd made all the wrong choices, like my career and my decision to attend grad school.  How could he think this was a good strategy? 

I also once dated a rude guy who was a doctor.  On our 2nd date , he said that his least favorite rotation in medical school had been OB/GYN because he was "freaked out by the anatomy."  As he said it, he made this disgusting face and wrinkled up his nose, as if repulsed.  All I did was nod and fake smile (and, of course, immediately stop dating the guy).  When I look back, of course I should have said something sharp and pithy about how if he hates the female anatomy so much, then he doesn't need to ever worry about getting close to mine...but alas, I didn't.  I wondered if he was gay, but I really don't think he is.  Still, though, who says that?!?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

And I am not hating on the Cape, MV, or Nantucket, just a FYI :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

how terribly awkward! That's like when you go on a date with a guy an all he keeps saying is "You're so pretty" "You look beautiful"
    I mean, it's nice the first five times, but seriously! I like to get complimented on my personality too!!

[QUOTE]I didn't think I had a good one, but I do!! OK, now I don't want to seem like I was holier than thou in high school because I definitely was not.  But during my freshman year of college, this kid I hadn't seen since sophomore year called to ask me on a date (while I was home on break) and it was really obvious throughout the date that he thought I was something to brag about. We went to see Scream 3 and he was floored when I figured out who the killer was.  He kept saying things like, "Man you are so smart!"  Seriously dude?  It's the third one.  Then on the way home he stopped by his friend's place to hang out for a minute... basically seemed like he wanted them to see me.  OK seriously, I'm no super model.  What is going on here?  Then we went back to his house to hang out and he called a kid we went to school with to come over.  See previous comments - W.T.F?  As we were waiting for that kid to come over, he just sat there and stared at me in awe.  When we were in high school I thought he was a pretty chill, good looking guy, but he turned out to be such a tool!!! P.S. W.T.F is not allowed!! P.P.S. I see this kid on Facebook now and he does a ridiclous amount of fake tanning and sideways hat wearing.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

me either! My best friend that I grew up with lives on MV now, and DH has family on Nantucket.

[QUOTE]And I am not hating on the Cape, MV, or Nantucket, just a FYI :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I remember this one guy told me, after our second date (and our first date where we were not surrounded by members of his church) that he couldn't see me anymore because things were moving too quickly.

We went to a movie.  After the movie, he gave me a hug.  Whoa, there!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Ohhh, the creepy men-in-awe remind me of a guy I went on one date with and just wasn't feeling it. About a year later, I was in a coffee shop with FI and my phone rang. I looked at it and said, "I don't know this number" but answered it anyway.

It was the one-date guy! He was like, "Hey, I'm standing on the other side of the coffee bar and I can see you." Um, can you see that I'm with a guy? And can you please purge your phone numbers more often?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I remember this one guy told me, after our second date (and our first date where we were not surrounded by members of his church) that he couldn't see me anymore because things were moving too quickly. We went to a movie.  After the movie, he gave me a hug.  Whoa, there!
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

Lucy, was it a member of the Duggar family on TLC?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]Lucy, was it a member of the Duggar family on TLC?

Who are they?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]how terribly awkward! That's like when you go on a date with a guy an all he keeps saying is "You're so pretty" "You look beautiful" I mean, it's nice the first five times, but seriously! I like to get complimented on my personality too!!
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

It was sooooo awkward!  Like you said (kind of), I was 10% flattered and 90% what-the-he//-is-going-on-here?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]It was sooooo awkward!  Like you said (kind of), I was 10% flattered and 90% what-the-he//-is-going-on-here?
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

It is really awkward. The only thing I could think of to say is, "Thanks, you, too!"  But that's even weirder, if we're just standing around saying, "You're so pretty!" "So are you!"  "So are you!"  Plus, most guys don't like being called "pretty."

And, in my experience, the guys who do this are reasonably attractive, but not so much that I can't think of anything else to talk about.

Sections
Shortcuts