Weirdest Guys You've Dated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: Weirdest Guys You've Dated

Ooh, I thought of another one!  A regular customer of mine at my old job asked me out.  He was pretty good looking and seemed really nice, so I accepted.  We went out and had a nice dinner, then got ice cream afterwards.  I was staring at the menu and just said out loud "hmm, I don't know what I want."

So he says, dead serious...wait for it... "I'm not on the menu."  Uggghhhhh.  First and last date!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Who are they?
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

They are a super religious family that have 18 children (yes the mother gave birth to all of them) and the children aren't allowed to kiss before marriage. It's an intereting show. '18 Kids and Counting'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

http://www.mix985.com/topic/feature_archive.php?featureGroupId=46130&startWeek=4

see kennedy's perfect man. I know I'd be the first one to line up and date him if I were still single. (please let that link work)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Ooh, I thought of another one!  A regular customer of mine at my old job asked me out.  He was pretty good looking and seemed really nice, so I accepted.  We went out and had a nice dinner, then got ice cream afterwards.  I was staring at the menu and just said out loud "hmm, I don't know what I want." So he says, dead serious...wait for it... "I'm not on the menu."  Uggghhhhh.  First and last date!
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

Which you should have responded "And if you were, you would be the last I would order."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

That's too funny!

[QUOTE]I remember this one guy told me, after our second date (and our first date where we were not surrounded by members of his church) that he couldn't see me anymore because things were moving too quickly. We went to a movie.  After the movie, he gave me a hug.  Whoa, there!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]They are a super religious family that have 18 children (yes the mother gave birth to all of them) and the children aren't allowed to kiss before marriage. It's an intereting show. '18 Kids and Counting'
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

The mere thought of 18 kids makes me simultaneously want to hyperventilate and vomit.  It's a very weird feeling.

Interestingly enough, this guy called me a couple of years later, when he was less involved with the church (although I believe he was still a member).  He brought me Chinese food, and I got the distinct impression he wanted to do a lot more than hug me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol, right? I can only think to be humble but when you say "oh, you're so sweet." they just keep on it like "no, no really, you're so pretty." it's like, can't see you how how incredibly uncomfortable you're making me? Thank you, I'm flattered, but when you lay it on so thick I wonder if you've built a shrine to me or if you're going to cut my head off and save it to wear! Creepy!

i [QUOTE]It was sooooo awkward!  Like you said (kind of), I was 10% flattered and 90% what-the-he//-is-going-on-here?
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

oh no! what was he thinking??

[QUOTE]Ooh, I thought of another one!  A regular customer of mine at my old job asked me out.  He was pretty good looking and seemed really nice, so I accepted.  We went out and had a nice dinner, then got ice cream afterwards.  I was staring at the menu and just said out loud "hmm, I don't know what I want." So he says, dead serious...wait for it... "I'm not on the menu."  Uggghhhhh.  First and last date!
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol!

[QUOTE]And, in my experience, the guys who do this are reasonably attractive, but not so much that I can't think of anything else to talk about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]They are a super religious family that have 18 children (yes the mother gave birth to all of them) and the children aren't allowed to kiss before marriage. It's an intereting show. '18 Kids and Counting'
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Ohh, I can't help it, I watch this show! FI can't be in the room because his face contorts and he balls up his fists in confusion and rage. They seem very sweet, especially the mom, but at the same time crazy and slightly brainwashed. They'll interview the kids (older ones) and they'll just say, "Dancing is bad." And the camera person will ask, "Well, why is dancing bad?" The kids can't really answer, so they'll say something like, "It brings up bad emotions and makes people want to do bad things." Ah, of course. Dance-inspired crime and underage s e x.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I watch too Whirled :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

They have 19 kids now!  And one grandchild on the way.  I have watched here and there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I had a date in college with a guy.  Date went really well, we walked back to his car and when we get there, we make out.  Afterwards he makes a weird humming noise, grins and says "you're a really good kisser", I just kind of smile and say thanks, to which he responds (with eyes closed and heading looking upwards to the stars "mmm, it reminds me of my mother...".  W. T. F??  I went to my own car and never spoke to him again.

I also had a guy "take it out" while we were at the cinema.  And just sat there, meat and veg on display.

Another guy, who I had taken home one night asked to sp*nk me.... okay, I'm all for a little experimentation, but not with someone who I just met and know nothing other than his name!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Fra, they just have 18. It was 17 kids and counting and the lastest baby was born in December making it 18 kids.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I also had a guy "take it out" while we were at the cinema.  And just sat there, meat and veg on display.

LMAO! That is so  freaking hilarious.  Granted, if it had happened to me, I would have excused myself to go to the bathroom and then caught a cab. And then I would have proceeded to call my best friend to  say 'OMG, you won't believe what just happened'.  I probably also would have changed my phone number.  lol.  That is so funny.  Did you stay for the whole movie?  What movie was it, btw? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

O
    M
    G!!

You have had some crazy dates, Prill :o)  His mother?!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I also had a guy "take it out" while we were at the cinema.  And just sat there, meat and veg on display.
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

HA, this reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld where Elaine says, "He took it out!".  Too funny!  Some guys are so nasty. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

We were at Gone in 60 Seconds... when he selected that I should have known that it wasn't going to end well.  I noticed with probably about half an hour to go - he kept moving, to try and get my attention.  when I eventually looked over and noticed  I whispered "what the **** are you doing?", he smiled and raised one eyebrow.  I got up and left and never heard from him again.

It's funny to look back and laugh - and yes, Goodness, to this day friends still make references to that episode of Seinfeld!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Oh another one - not me, but a friend a few weeks ago had a guy tell her that she couldn't go back to his house because his cat house was set up in the living room and there would be no room for her.
    Men with cats freak me out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

see, this is why "Footloose" should be mandatory viewing for everyone.

[QUOTE]Ohh, I can't help it, I watch this show! FI can't be in the room because his face contorts and he balls up his fists in confusion and rage. They seem very sweet, especially the mom, but at the same time crazy and slightly brainwashed. They'll interview the kids (older ones) and they'll just say, "Dancing is bad." And the camera person will ask, "Well, why is dancing bad?" The kids can't really answer, so they'll say something like, "It brings up bad emotions and makes people want to do bad things." Ah, of course. Dance-inspired crime and underage s e x.
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

That is the perfect movie for that kind of behavior.  Do it and the girl will be gone in 60 seconds.  lol.

Some men w/ cats are fine.  Men w/ cat houses or condos, cat accoutrements and excessive cat toys are weird.  Very weird. :-) 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol, you should have told the usher! "Some perv in there took it out."
    Ha ha ha ;)

[QUOTE]We were at Gone in 60 Seconds... when he selected that I should have known that it wasn't going to end well.  I noticed with probably about half an hour to go - he kept moving, to try and get my attention.  when I eventually looked over and noticed  I whispered "what the **** are you doing?", he smiled and raised one eyebrow.  I got up and left and never heard from him again. It's funny to look back and laugh - and yes, Goodness, to this day friends still make references to that episode of Seinfeld!
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE] I also had a guy "take it out" while we were at the cinema.  And just sat there, meat and veg on display.
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

I was once introduced to a guy who was really enjoying a movie, if you know what I mean.  In a very hands-on sorta way.  ;)

And he didn't understand why I refused to shake his hand.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I had gone on 3 or 4 dates with this guy - who I thought was pretty normal - and then he sort of disappeared...didn't return a couple of phone calls, so I gave up.  A couple of weeks later, I hear someone at my front door, open it and see a card between the screen and door and a guy with a hoodie running from the house.  The card was his apology for disappearing and request for another chance.  Didn't happen, but loved that he used red ink "to show how much passion he had for me".  Nuts. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HTuck. Show HTuck's posts

Speaking of blind love and then seeing it for what it was once it is long over.... a boyfriend i had dated for almost 2 years was obsessively tied to his parents.  He HAD to talk to mom, then dad every single day and they visited from NJ once or twice a month, every month (mind you, we had graduated college at this point - and while he was in college in NYC, his mom would come do his laundry every Sunday!!!!).  Well, shortly after our first break up (his father had told him his life was too busy for a gf at the time, and he listened - but then "regretted" it)... he took my to NYC for my BIRTHDAY for a 3 day weekend.... he said his parents wanted to take me out to lunch on my b-day... i said fine... now, they gave me a picture frame, but i had to spring for my $9 meal from the deli that his mercedes-driving parents didn't pick up (thought you were taking me out?)....

Then after lunch, he tells me they need family time to discuss a few things (he had just seen them last weekend) and proceeded to leave me alone in NYC for 2.5 hours for family time.  Needless to say, I was ticked, he said "I really don't understand what you are so mad about, I spent all weekend with you."

Um... yeah.... you took me away for my weekend, the nerve of me wanting you to spend every moment with me.  The best part of it all? This relationship didn't end until he broke up with me about 7 months later..... I look back to all those moments and wonder what I was thinking.

Sections
Shortcuts