what to do about thank yous

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: what to do about thank yous

If you've already written them one for the first gift (which might have been for the shower, actually, but no matter), you owe them another for the second gift because you haven't acknowledged having received it.  And, even though you've already "covered" the first gift by the first note, it would be nice to mention the first gift (how you're enjoying it or whatever) in the second note, as well.  Doing this will be more natural and heartfelt sounding than to only mention the second gift in the second note because that would seem like you were just checking off the boxes, "thanked them for X gift.  thanked them for Y gift."  Remembering and giving them an update on the first gift is just more natural...well, as natural as thank you notes can sound.

However, if you haven't written the first one yet, you only need to write one note for both gifts, thanking them specifically for both items.

Congrats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

exactly what Kargiver said

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Great Minds think alike.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sueedag. Show sueedag's posts

How about this one?  The marriage only lasted 7 weeks and we never got a thank you card for the great gifts we gave from the carefully orchestrated gift registry created by the bride.  I"m trying to figure out if we should be getting the gifts back instead of a thank you card.  Anyone??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You should be getting the gifts back.

P.S.  But, I doubt you'll either get the gifts OR a note, frankly, sorry. :(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The marriage only lasted 7 weeks.....

Yes, the gifts should be returned but I wouldn't expect to receive anything.  I guess I would just be grateful it wasn't me or someone I loved.  What an awful thing to have happen. 

Would it be bad etiquette to put a Stop Payment on a check you had given for a gift?  Just musing.....

Sections
Shortcuts